GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade

+6
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who wins the trade?

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap233%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap267%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think you should add a win-win option.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Why can't I add a poll to this. Mad

I got it for you... let me know if you want to change anything

Oh yeah, you got it! WTF? Laugh1

Add in a win-win if you don't mind. Thanks.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I think you should add a win-win option.

I know I tried to now I can't edit the choices... and Spez couldn't edit my post before... maybe someone will be able to do it

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Chicago wins I think. It's definitely a risk for the Thrasher (that can obviously turn out well, I just don't agree)

Last edited by stempniaksen on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I think you should add a win-win option.

I know I tried to now I can't edit the choices... and Spez couldn't edit my post before... maybe someone will be able to do it

Hahaha, what the diddle? It's messing with our minds! evil

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Atlanta wins I think. It's definitely a risk for the Thrasher (that can obviously turn out well, I just don't agree)

Chicago wins you mean?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh...well I'll just vote Chicago for now.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Ya, I edited it, lol.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mckenize: Still awaiting confirmation of trade call complete on Chi-Atl deal. Can't explain now, but some weird vibes on this one. May be nothing.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Gohan wrote:
Dash wrote:Reasoner's a solid 3rd/4th liner, PKer. Morin I think is still a prospect. And they gave up New Jersey's picks they got for Kovalchuk.

So basically the got:

Bergfors, Oduya, Byfuglien, Sopel and Eager for Kovalchuk, Reasoner and Morin

+ Aliu

Waddell is a solid, underrated GM. That's about as good a return as you could want for a UFA Kovalchuk.

Rick Dudley too. Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 159628

Ha! Yeah, but I guarantee Waddell was the maestro Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 159628

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Mckenize: Still awaiting confirmation of trade call complete on Chi-Atl deal. Can't explain now, but some weird vibes on this one.
May be nothing.

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't really know who to pick as a winner. Byfuglien could kill it in the East - especially with Kane up and coming as his center. I assume Antropov is on the other side?

I like that personally. Again, the East is the East, there are very few big dudes like him aside from Lucic etc. Atlanta could be a pain to play against soon.

Little is in there too, they need to maybe acquire another player, but I like Eager on the 4th line a lot in Atlanta, maybe as Neely said he'll get some 3rd line time.

Sopel impressed me with his style of play in the playoffs. I would say that he's a nice 4th guy to have for 2.2 million right now. He'll block a ton of shots, he can move the puck.

Aliu's a wildcard, but the potential is there for sure. I guess they wouldn't move Beech.

The 1st hurts a lot, I think that's where it could have been Atlanta's 2nd, NJ's 2nd etc. instead of the 1st.

That's where Chicago gets major points for getting a top pick for that package.

Still...the character Chicago's losing in Eager and Buff aren't immediately replaceable without some luck.

I still don't mind it for Atlanta frankly, but the more I think about those picks, the closer it gets for me.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't even edit the title to say: "Report: CHI-ATL complete massive trade?"

If this is actually the deal, Chicago sold REALLY high. I pretty much knew Eager was on his way out, Buff is over rated in a big way, Sopel is serviceable... So that basically ends the Kovulchuk trade.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade call that would make Chi-Atl deal official has not yet been completed. Not sure why. Players have not been told they are traded yet. Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 3 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle me if I can't edit the poll. Diddling fuckity Diddle.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree with what a poster on the Dobber forums is saying:

Why are we helping Chicago?! I think all GMs minus Stan Bowman should
have gotten together and said lets not deal with Chicago and see how
this works out for them. Atlanta has now moved to the bottom five of my
most disliked teams.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This was my reply to Pierre LeBrun's Tweet: Hawks telling teams that price for Byfuglien is a first-round pick and a prospect

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Or no teams bite and the Hawks can figure out another way to get compliant. I'd consider it a favor to take their contracts
6:00 PM Jun 22nd via web in reply to Real_ESPNLeBrun

So I basically felt the same way, but you had to know someone would cave.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum