GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

possible moves on draft day

+17
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
SensFan71
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
wprager
Phoenix30
LeCaptain
Hoags
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
Ev
PTFlea
Riprock
Flo The Action
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

46possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I'm curious to know what Weber thinks of his team unloading its captain? Is Nashville prepping for something big, or are they planning for the future by rebuilding? While Weber is young, there's only so much someone can take of losing, so does he want out?

47possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:The Wedding? A movie?

LOL, nope. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/06/16/14417471.html

48possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Well with two trades today, things might get really busy before draft day. Here's the latest from Bob McK.

TSNBobMcKenzie It has been suggested to me that there's no chance Jeff Carter will be odd man out in PHI. More likely to be someone else. Interesting.
10 minutes ago via UberTwitter

TSNBobMcKenzie Things likely to go down: Nathan Horton and others in Fla.; much in CHI; more moves in NASH; perhaps Spezza; more in PHI; Kaberle. Busy busy

TSNBobMcKenzie Oh yeah, Edmonton is going to busy. RT @Steve_Schulte: @TSNBobMcKenzie Edmonton ?? Sad
less than 5 seconds ago via UberTwitter
i do not like this.... can we not move other pieces in order to boost-up our offence? we did so well without Kuba last year, i can imagine we could do well without him again.

also now i really hope Murray can move volchies rights after we saw what philly gave in exchange.

49possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TSNBobMcKenzie BTW, I didn't say Spezza to NSH, I said perhaps a Spezza trade and more moves in NASH. Separate items

50possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:The Wedding? A movie?

LOL, nope. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/06/16/14417471.html

LOL oh yeah, forgot about that.

51possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Dallas_Dave A lot of buzz out there. Feels like the lead up to the trade deadline! Burke has successfully created a bidding war for Kaberle.
18 minutes ago via web

Uhm.... how has he done that?

52possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I'm curious to know what Weber thinks of his team unloading its captain? Is Nashville prepping for something big, or are they planning for the future by rebuilding? While Weber is young, there's only so much someone can take of losing, so does he want out?

Maybe he's the new captain.

If we somehow acquire a 'disgruntled' Shea Weber from Nashville, I'll fill my shorts.

53possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Arnott didn't seem too upset to leave, so you have to wonder if the feeling was mutual.

I don't think this will hurt Nashville in the least. Losing Hamhuis might, but it depends how they replace these guys.

54possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spector's notes: http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1341:fathers-day-nhl-rumor-roundup-june-20-2010&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4

The latest from the StarTribune.com and the Edmonton Journal. Happy Father's Day, everyone!

STARTRIBUNE.COM: Michael Russo reports the Philadelphia Flyers will have to dump a veteran salary if they hope to re-sign recently-acquired blueliner Dan Hamhuis, wondering if it'll be a forward like Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne, Daniel Briere, Scott Hartnell or defenseman Matt Carle...Having traded away Hamhuis and Jason Arnott yesterday is it possible Predators GM David Poile could pursue Ottawa's Jason Spezza or Florida's Nathan Horton?...The Florida Panthers are shopping Horton around the league, including to the Minnesota Wild, but GM Chuck Fletcher needs a scoring center, not a winger, and unless Fletcher moved out significant dollars acquiring a player like Horton could be the only significant move he'd make this summer.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: I agree with Russo, the Flyers have to move out a significant salary, not just to re-sign Hamhuis but also to land an experienced starting goalie. Carter and Carle would be easiest to move as they lack movement clauses...I'll be very surprised if the Predators deal for Spezza or Horton given their limited budget under their self-imposed cap...I expect Fletcher will do something to land that scoring center he so desperately needs, but it could cost him either Brent Burns or Nick Schultz to do it.

EDMONTON JOURNAL: Jim Matheson reports Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli keeps insisting he won't trade the second overall pick but wondered if offering up Ales Hemsky and either Jordan Eberle or Magnus Paajavi-Svensson might get his attention...Matheson believes a possible trade scenario being pitched for any team interested in Kris Versteeg is a second round pick in return but the interested team also has to take defenseman Brent Sopel...Don't expect Georges Laraque to return to the Edmonton Oilers. Matheson suggests the NY Rangers might be the best bet as they're ridding themselves of Donald Brashear or perhaps the Calgary Flames...One trade option for the Wild seeking a scoring center could be Dallas's Mike Ribeiro...He also suggests the Buffalo Sabres might be a good fit for Sheldon Souray...

SPECTOR'S NOTE: I think Chiarelli will retain that pick regardless of whatever realistic offer is sent his way...The Blackhawks could end up burying Sopel's contract in the minors or perhaps buying him out. I don't foresee any team taking him along with Versteeg...Laraque could find it difficult to find another NHL team to land with as the role of enforcer is changing and teams prefer their tough guys also prove capable of playing a regular shift...Ribeiro could be an option for the Stars but he would be perhaps more expensive than someone like Chicago's Patrick Sharp or Florida's Stephen Weiss...I'll be shocked if the Sabres took on Souray and his expensive contract. They could do better...

55possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NHLSourcesSay Flyers looking to deal Briere and/or Hartnell to free up space, Carter is not untouchable but it takes a lot more for the Flyers to deal him
7 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®️

56possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1343:nhl-trade-a-free-agent-news-june-21-2010&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4
With only four days to go until the start of the NHL Entry Draft here's the latest on the Bruins, Devils, Lightning and Maple Leafs.

WEEI.COM: DJ Bean reports the Boston Bruins are apparently just one of several teams which may be close to a deal for Florida Panthers winger Nathan Horton. It's unknown what the Bruins might be offering the Panthers, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are rumored amongst the teams also reportedly interested in Horton.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to GJ Berg. TSN's Bob McKenzie also weighed in last night suggesting via Twitter the Bruins are in the thick of the bidding for Horton. It's quite possible he could be moved well before the first round of the Entry Draft this Friday.

NJ.COM: Rich Chere reports Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said his reacquisition of center Jason Arnott doesn't take the Devils out of the bidding for their UFA winger Ilya Kovalchuk or blueliner Paul Martin.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: As Chere points out if the Devils do re-sign Kovalchuk they'll have to shed some salary elsewhere. Same goes if they retain he and Martin. Have to wonder if Lamoriello might be trying to work out a salary dumping trade to free up the cash to retain those two.

TAMPABAY.COM: Damian Cristodero reports Lightning GM Steve Yzerman has challenged team captain Vincent Lecavalier to step up his performance next season but also assured Lecavalier he's not being shopped. Yzerman believes Lecavalier, who struggled through injuries and with several different linemates over the past two years, can regain his form.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: I've been saying the same thing for the past season. Vinny didn't just lose his mojo overnight! Not having to worry about Yzerman asking him to waive his movement clause will also come as a welcome relief to Lecavalier, knowing he has a role in the club's future.

CALGARY SUN: Steve Simmons of The Toronto Sun reported Sunday Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke is going to find it challenging to land a quality young forward by trading defenseman Tomas Kaberle, noting there isn't a lot available. He notes the Flyers don't need Kaberle now that they've acquired Dan Hamhuis so that rules out landing forward Jeff Carter, Washington's Alexander Semin is "as much a problem as he is a solution", leaving an "overpriced, underproductive " Florida winger Nathan Horton or Oilers winger Dustin Penner.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Burke has his work cut out for him, but one has to believe he'll find a return that works for him for Kaberle, although it might not be a player of the caliber of those noted by Simmons.

57possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Real_ESPNLeBrun Also spoke with Dale Tallon a few minutes ago who said he hopes to be ``very busy'' this week. Hold on to your seats hockey fans !
42 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by SpectorsHockey and 3 others

DOMINOES!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!

58possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Loving these updates Dash, keep them coming :KKK:

59possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:01 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
Real_ESPNLeBrun Also spoke with Dale Tallon a few minutes ago who said he hopes to be ``very busy'' this week. Hold on to your seats hockey fans !
42 minutes ago via web

DOMINOES!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!

you're already more productive than Eklund...and not fake productive.

60possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
42 minutes ago via web

DOMINOES!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!

No Dominoes, Pizza Hut!

61possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps Swirlominoes? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

62possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps Swirlominoes? possible moves on draft day - Page 4 159628

Perhaps. But what of "The Future of Spezza"?

63possible moves on draft day - Page 4 Empty Re: possible moves on draft day Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just a quick update on Horton's status in FLA:
Real_ESPNLeBrun Spoke with Nathan Horton's agent Paul Krepelka today. ``There’s a very good chance he’ll be dealt between now and Friday night," he said.
12 minutes ago via web
Not really anything new, but it's the most likely trade to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum