GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadline moves.

+12
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DefenceWinsChampionships
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Deadline moves. Empty Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So with the deadline just under 10 days away, we are left in limbo as to how the team will act the closer we get to the 29th. I guess the next 4 games will be very telling as to how active BM and his staff will look to be. Will we be sellers? Will we be buyers? A little from column A and B?

this may be a good forum to discuss who's scouting who, which players are likely to move and who are we likely to try and acquire.

2Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The case for z smith, wiercioch, Neil and Chiasson.

Personally as far as guys I'd like to see traded is see z smith which his value is at an all time high and frankly we could open his spot on the wing to one of our young guys in bingo or mr Shane Prince sitting in the stalls.
Destination st-Louis, Pittsburg. Return 2nd rounder.

Next would be poor patty wier. The organization is either trying to have teams interested in picking him up but when Boro draws back in to play on his offside I think I'd rather have Boro and wideman as a bottom pairing and have claesson be the call up if we need someone.
Destination Pittsburg, LA, Phoenix. Return 3rd round pick.

Neil. It's arguable what you do with Neil. Some want him resigned while others would like to get a return on him as its debatable how helpful he is to this team.
I personally would like two thing. One would be for him to win a cup as that won't likely happen here and two would be to have someone else have a chance at his spot for next year. A lot has been said about Buddy Robinson and the org seems to think he could be ready for the big show. Max mcormick would likely be a better option over Neil right now.
Destination? San Jose always needs character hard to tell after that. Return 3rd rounder?

Last we have Chiasson. Do we really have him in the cards going forward? Even as an RFA will the org actually extend an offer? I see him and wier as guys that could probably benefit from a chance on another team. Unfortunately for Chiasson he's more of a guy that could possibly help a team that is really low on guys with some offencive capabilities and could come at a low price. Destination? Pittsburg, Minnesota or Nashville, best estimate 3rd or 4rth rounder.

3Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Smith might get a late 2nd but Weircioch is probably a 4th or 5th and if Neil was traded it would be to give a chance at a cup and the return wouldn't matter so maybe a 5-7th. I have no idea on Chiaisson.

4Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Smith might get a late 2nd but Weircioch is probably a 4th or 5th and if Neil was traded it would be to give a chance at a cup and the return wouldn't matter so maybe a 5-7th.  I have no idea on Chiaisson.  
Depending on who acquires wier and who else is on the market. But those were all high estimates. The benefot with a lot of these guys and that they are still young and other teams might see a lot of potential in them. Well Neil is there to put you over the edge for a fairly stacked team or as I noted provide a spark for a team like SJS.

5Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2nd would be fantastic for smith

6Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think we'll be the traditional buyer or seller. We'll be looking to improve the team whether it's for a run this season or to be ready for next season.

Like I said about the Blues, I think a good fit would be a Hoffman/Zibanejad for Stastny/Schwartz swap but they are reportedly looking at Wiercioch.

Trying to move out expiring contracts like Chiasson and Wiercioch are obvious moves but who knows if there will be takers. You might get some value out of a guy like "Sugar" Shane Prince or use him to boost the return in a package.

I would't be too anxious to move Smith but an attractive return might force murry's hand. I doubt Neil goes anywhere and I expect him to be a Senator for his full career.

7Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't think we'll be the traditional buyer or seller. We'll be looking to improve the team whether it's for a run this season or to be ready for next season.

Like I said about the Blues, I think a good fit would be a Hoffman/Zibanejad for Stastny/Schwartz swap but they are reportedly looking at Wiercioch.

Trying to move out expiring contracts like Chiasson and Wiercioch are obvious moves but who knows if there will be takers. You might get some value out of a guy like "Sugar" Shane Prince or use him to boost the return in a package.

I would't be too anxious to move Smith but an attractive return might force murry's hand. I doubt Neil goes anywhere and I expect him to be a Senator for his full career.

That's news to me about wier. Good news.
The only way I see your trade proposal working is it makes sense for a cash strapped team like the blues but I'm sure they want to hold on to Schwartz. But that's a deal I would do yesterday.

8Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:2nd would be fantastic for smith  

By the trade deadline he could have 15 goals, on pace for 20. He can fight, score a little, takes faceoffs. He is an NHL player *now* whereas most 2nd rounders don't turn into an NHL player *ever* and those that do require 3-4 years or more in the minors.

Why wouldn't we get a 2nd rounder?

9Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Blues are set on the right side but on the left they have Bouwmeester who is quite old for a guy his age and then not much else (Benoit, Gunnarson). I wonder if Wiercioch would be less exposed in a defensive system like Hitch's (as in the forwards helping him be a better defenseman). And we should be able to get a 2nd for him -- the guy played for Team Canada just last year.

10Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:2nd would be fantastic for smith  

By the trade deadline he could have 15 goals, on pace for 20.  He can fight, score a little, takes faceoffs.  He is an NHL player *now* whereas most 2nd rounders don't turn into an NHL player *ever* and those that do require 3-4 years or more in the minors.

Why wouldn't we get a 2nd rounder?
He has term left so it lessens his value with the uncertainty of next years cap. Not to mention he is having a career year at 28.

11Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:The Blues are set on the right side but on the left they have Bouwmeester who is quite old for a guy his age and then not much else (Benoit, Gunnarson).  I wonder if Wiercioch would be less exposed in a defensive system like Hitch's (as in the forwards helping him be a better defenseman).  And we should be able to get a 2nd for him -- the guy played for Team Canada just last year.  
Murray has reportedly been trying to move him all year and there have been no takers. His QO next year is 2.9M, if someone offers a 4th take it and run.

12Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't think we'll be the traditional buyer or seller. We'll be looking to improve the team whether it's for a run this season or to be ready for next season.

IMO Schwartz being moved is fantasy. As I said about Neil, it will likely be his choice and the return would be insignificant because Murray would try to put him in the best situation to win a cup.

13Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Neil is an irrelevant fourth liner not some star who never won a cup. Murray doesn't have to pick carefully

14Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Chris Neil is an irrelevant fourth liner not some star who never won a cup. Murray doesn't have to pick carefully
He doesn't have to, but he will because of respect and loyalty.

15Deadline moves. Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neil isn't going anywhere, dunno why anyone thinks he would. Murray won't trade him.

Maybe there's something up with St Louis, but the more likely scenario, I think, is something like Wiercioch + Hoffman for Drouin and a pick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum