GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadline moves.

+12
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DefenceWinsChampionships
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

31Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Neil isn't going anywhere, dunno why anyone thinks he would. Murray won't trade him.

Maybe there's something up with St Louis, but the more likely scenario, I think, is something like Wiercioch + Hoffman for Drouin and a pick.

No way.  Hoffman is worth way more than Drouin right now.  He scored 27 last year and is on pace for 30+ this year.  30 goal scorers don't grow on trees.  

I've explained why you're wrong before, so I won't bother this time around.  I will say that nobody should get too attached to Mike Hoffy Hoffman.
in this case I think Walter may be right. Hoffman is somewhat of a proven commodity and drouin isn't.
hoff>Drouin.

I think the Lightnings are interested in Zijanedad.
Deduction or rumour?

as much as I could see us parting ways with him we need some sort of upgrade at the C position in order to trade him. I still don't see pageau as a 2nd line C right now.

I think we're on a 3-game winning streak with Pageau as 2nd line C right now. But we would definitely have to look at getting another C in a separate deal.

32Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:34 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Neil isn't going anywhere, dunno why anyone thinks he would. Murray won't trade him.

Maybe there's something up with St Louis, but the more likely scenario, I think, is something like Wiercioch + Hoffman for Drouin and a pick.

No way.  Hoffman is worth way more than Drouin right now.  He scored 27 last year and is on pace for 30+ this year.  30 goal scorers don't grow on trees.  

I've explained why you're wrong before, so I won't bother this time around.  I will say that nobody should get too attached to Mike Hoffy Hoffman.
in this case I think Walter may be right. Hoffman is somewhat of a proven commodity and drouin isn't.
hoff>Drouin.

Deduction or rumour?

as much as I could see us parting ways with him we need some sort of upgrade at the C position in order to trade him. I still don't see pageau as a 2nd line C right now.

I think we're on a 3-game winning streak with Pageau as 2nd line C right now. But we would definitely have to look at getting another C in a separate deal.

I think he looks great at 2C right now. He's sure lit a fire under young Zack Smith.

33Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

hoff>Drouin.

Deduction or rumour?

I think he looks great at 2C right now. He's sure lit a fire under young Zack Smith.

And how!

34Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

I'm highly sceptical of pageau as a 2nd line C.

35Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt pageau could do it - and I'm a big fan. White though...that's a different story

36Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

White isn't playing ahl. Doesn't need it.

37Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:White isn't playing ahl. Doesn't need it.
I don't know how you find the time to post in between Scouting NCAA games.

Going from a college schedule to a pro schedule is brutal. I would prefer he spends some time in the A but Sens management will likely rush him like usual.

38Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way all this talk about Zibanejad, did you know he leads the team in game winning goals with 5?

39Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bergeron was in the league at 19 and had a 39 point season. The difference might end up being his full year in the AHL after that rookie year.

White could play NHL hockey next year from everything I've read, but should he?

40Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:

Going from a college schedule to a pro schedule is brutal.   I would prefer he spends some time in the A but Sens management will likely rush him like usual.  

Dylan Larkin only played 6 games in the AHL -- in the playoffs, after his U of Michigan team was done. Toews went from playing in U of North Dakota to scoring 24 goals in his NHL rookie season. Erik Johnson (drafted 1st overall, 2 spots ahead of Toews) played one game in the AHL. Jack Johnson skipped the AHL completely. Blake Wheeler went the Toews route scoring 21 in his rookie season after skipping the AHL.

Yes, it's an adjustment, for sure, but it looks like there are plenty of examples of players making that transition successfully.

41Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

are you guys saying white is going to be as good as those guys? There has been comparisons to bergeron but let's hold on a minute.
And as far as jack Johnson and Erik Johnson there's plenty to be said that those guys should of played in the AHL.

42Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:are you guys saying white is going to be as good as those guys? There has been comparisons to bergeron but let's hold on a minute.
And as far as jack Johnson and Erik Johnson there's plenty to be said that those guys should of played in the AHL.

Similar to Bergeron is my guess. Perhaps very similar.

43Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:are you guys saying white is going to be as good as those guys? There has been comparisons to bergeron but let's hold on a minute.

Am I saying he'll score 20+ goals in his first NHL season? No. But I'm saying that you can go from playing 35-40 games in the NCAA to 80+ in the NHL and not necessarily hit a wall half way through the season.

Do I think White will be a legit top-six player (and center, to boot) in his rookie season? Nope. But he can still make a positive contribution.

44Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:04 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Am I saying he'll score 20+ goals in his first NHL season?  No.  But I'm saying that you can go from playing 35-40 games in the NCAA to 80+ in the NHL and not necessarily hit a wall half way through the season.  

Do I think White will be a legit top-six player (and center, to boot) in his rookie season?  Nope.  But he can still make a positive contribution.
I agree that he might be ok but I don't see it as Ev has mentioned as our second line center. Might play some wing, some center position here and there. Probably see stints in bingo too.

45Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The hype around White is very Lazar-ish. Very troubling.

46Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

That's why I said they should look at adding a C in a separate deal although it's not a huge rush with Pageau doing the job for now. Also, White, who hasn't played a single pro game, appears to be a sure thing to take that spot next season, according to some of our experts here.

47Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:04 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

Going from a college schedule to a pro schedule is brutal.   I would prefer he spends some time in the A but Sens management will likely rush him like usual.  

I have seen his games actually

Players as good as him don't need it. He's producing at the same rate as guys like toews, Schwartz, Oshie, Larkin, etc, in their post draft year. Most of his comparables did not need much AHL time at all. NCAA prepares you for NHL hockey way more than junior.

Playing him in the NHL is not rushing him. Make no mistake.

48Deadline moves. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:05 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

That's why I said they should look at adding a C in a separate deal although it's not a huge rush with Pageau doing the job for now. Also, White, who hasn't played a single pro game, appears to be a sure thing to take that spot next season, according to some of our experts here.

When you know you have a great prospect and know the player well then yeah I can call him a sure thing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum