GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Malkin possibly on the move?

+7
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
asq2
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:ID take Weber, Keith, Doughty, M.Richards, Crosby, Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Getzlaf, and Chara just off the top of my head.
none that we could have Crying .

if they can pull a deal where they walk away with the number 1 or 2 pick with tallent like MPS and then some. well you have to go for it and hope it works.(i'd hate to be the guy who pulls the trigger and it blows up on you.

interesting thought comparing Malkin and Spezza. i could see it.

47Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 5:37 pm

I think Malkin will very much be a clone of Spezza, he's just lucky he was ridding shotgun to Crosby. If Spezza had that, he would have a cup, no doubt in my mind but neither of those guys are players that can carry a team.

I really dont have all that high of an opinion on Malkin but he has accomplished a lot in a short time. If he gets dealt you will see his production fall off for sure.

48Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This thread has gone way too far now. Ugh.

49Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Why has it gone too far? Please explain.

50Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 5:59 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:I wont argue that but there is no way you can claim Malkin in a top 3 player. There are probably almost 10 player I would rather have on my team then Malkin, probably more.

I think there is a easier argument to be made in regards to Malkin being a top 3 player, then to him only being a 10-15 player.

It's kind of ridiculous to want a guy like Chara over Malkin. I know that will be an unpopular thing to say since people here love Chara, but that's just one guy on N4L's list that I'm sure other people on this site might agree with.

51Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Why has it gone too far? Please explain.

Just, nevermind lol...I don't really feel like arguing this, but Spezza is nowhere near Malkin's level. Malkin has the ability to dominate games all by himself, I haven't seen that from Spezza and I don't think we will see Malkin get injured every year and have his play decline like Spezza's has.

You could say Spezza peaked at an early stage of his career because he played on a line with Healtey and Alfredsson, but you can't say that about Malkin really because he doesn't play with Crosby, only on the PP. He's played most of his career with Malone, Sykora and Fedetenko.

That's all I have to say I don't want to talk about Spezza anymore Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 805406

52Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:I wont argue that but there is no way you can claim Malkin in a top 3 player. There are probably almost 10 player I would rather have on my team then Malkin, probably more.

I think there is a easier argument to be made in regards to Malkin being a top 3 player, then to him only being a 10-15 player.

It's kind of ridiculous to want a guy like Chara over Malkin. I know that will be an unpopular thing to say since people here love Chara, but that's just one guy on N4L's list that I'm sure other people on this site might agree with.

I agree with you, I don't know why Chara is on his list.

53Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 pm

stempniaksen wrote:

Chara is absolutely a guy I would take over Malkin personally. I dont like Malkin's game, I wont lie. I think he sulks, tends to quit at times, and isnt over physical to say the least. A lot of other players I think are true competitors vs Malkin, who I think is a guy people will always want more from because he hardly ever gives it his all.

Just one persons opinion.

54Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I agree with you, I don't know why Chara is on his list.

Because Chara is a one of a kind player who can do everything from the backend. He is arguably the best D man in the game, Ill take that over Malkin every day.

Not hard to see why kind of players I like and think teams should build around, Malkin isnt in the conversation for me in terms of guys that I think a team should be built around and plays a position that defently isnt the first place I would start.

You put way too much stock into offense, way too much.

55Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But Malkin isn't a soft player, he takes hits and dishes them out from time to time. He's also a player who elevates his game when he takes a big hit from an opposing player. He'll go into the dirty areas.

Chara's a great defencman and all, but he is not a winner.

56Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:15 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:But Malkin isn't a soft player, he takes hits and dishes them out from time to time. He's also a player who elevates his game when he takes a big hit from an opposing player. He'll go into the dirty areas.

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner (and as usual it's not Chara).

N4L, I'd like to see you defend Chara for the exact same reasons you vilify Spezza.

Listen, chara is a spectacular defenceman. But when taking into account their ages along with how many times they've won on the biggest stage, and the way they performed once they reach that stage I take Malkin every time.

The guy is a top 3 Russian player, and is a top 5 player in the world no questions asked. His regular season dominance and strong playoffs prove that.

57Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Datsyuk is amazing. I'd do unthinkable things to get him.
Thinking like..?

Yeah, I'm not sure actually. Laugh1

58Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What an interesting question. Chara or Malkin.

Pros to Malkin is that he's young, he's a Conn Smythe winner, a Cup winner, Art Ross, Hart Finalist at 23. That's ludicrous.

Chara's the Malkin of D-men though, top 3 in the league, huge, intimidating, not afraid to use his strength. BUT, not a proven winner and time's ticking.

I'll take Malkin over Chara, but it's a lot closer than some make it out to be.

59Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:41 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I honestly think Chara is becoming the Thornton-lite of defenceman.

This guy has never been to a cup final, and has never even won a game seven in his life.

Fantastic regular season performer who i would love to have back on the Sens (granted not at that salary). But the guy seems to choke when it matters most (which is the farthest thing I would have pegged him as only a few short years ago).

60Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Right now there are plenty of defenceman I would rather have than Chara based on age, salary and all that.

61Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 6:47 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Right now there are plenty of defenceman I would rather have than Chara based on age, salary and all that.

Agreed. I think based on play alone there are a handful of guys who I would rather have. That's sad to say since he used to be one of my favourite players.

62Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm

stempniaksen wrote:
Big Ev wrote:But Malkin isn't a soft player, he takes hits and dishes them out from time to time. He's also a player who elevates his game when he takes a big hit from an opposing player. He'll go into the dirty areas.

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner (and as usual it's not Chara).

N4L, I'd like to see you defend Chara for the exact same reasons you vilify Spezza.

Listen, chara is a spectacular defenceman. But when taking into account their ages along with how many times they've won on the biggest stage, and the way they performed once they reach that stage I take Malkin every time.

The guy is a top 3 Russian player, and is a top 5 player in the world no questions asked. His regular season dominance and strong playoffs prove that.

Malkin has had one good playoff and Ill admit, it was a great playoff, he did afterall win The Conn Smyth, that said though, I still dont think that is a guy a team should be built around, I dont like how he plays the game at times because of what I said, and I think he has next to no leadership qualities.

As for Chara, the guy might not be a winner but every team he goes to improves large amounts. Chara is still a captain in The NHL and plays a hard, in your face, physical game and like I said, could be the best D man in the game. I would never choose Malkin over Chara, ever.

63Malkin possibly on the move? - Page 4 Empty Re: Malkin possibly on the move? Thu May 20, 2010 7:04 pm

stempniaksen wrote:I honestly think Chara is becoming the Thornton-lite of defenceman.

This guy has never been to a cup final, and has never even won a game seven in his life.

Fantastic regular season performer who i would love to have back on the Sens (granted not at that salary). But the guy seems to choke when it matters most (which is the farthest thing I would have pegged him as only a few short years ago).

Still makes every team he plays on better and more competitive.

Biggest mistake in Sens history was letting him go and I would be if they made the right choice Ottawa would have a cup in 07 and so would Chara. If and but's were candy and nuts though, kind of pointless convo.

Anyways, that's how I would build my team and I wouldnt ever want Malkin before Chara. I dont think Malkin has the ability to actually be the center piece of a franchise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum