GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Donnell Traded to the Kings

+4
Acrobat
PKC
PTFlea
jamvan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:36 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I have just learned that the Ducks have sent Sean O'Donnell to the Kings.

Confirmed now on TSN: The Anaheim Ducks continued to wheel and deal on Tuesday, trading defenceman Sean O'Donnell to the Los Angeles Kings for a conditional 2009 draft pick.

2O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty O'Donnell trade to Kings Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks to Jam for breaking this story before anyone else.

Sorry, I didn't realize you had Jam!

To add to Jam's initial breaking story:

Not sure anyone cares, but LA acquired Sean O'Donnell from the Kings earlier this evening for a conditional pick.

The condition is that if LA trades O'Donnell at any point in the year, the Ducks immediately get their 3rd round pick. Otherwise, they get nothing.

Stupid trade, sorry Burke, but huge thumbs down. O'Donnell plays a large part when guys like Pronger and Neidermayer and especially Beauchemin go down to injury. Huskins is good, Klee is not. Not a strong move at all IMO.

Depth can mean the difference between winning a series and losing it - plus his price tag was not overly high.

Pfft. Whatever.

EDIT: I didn't post this until now because of the two amazing games on tonight. The White Sox/Twins and the Red Wings/Habs. Wow.

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

3O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:13 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Good trade for LA. They got a quality veteran defenseman to help mentor the young guys. I approve of this trade from LA's standpoint. Anaheim's? Not so much.

4O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:17 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

You get the sense that Burke is the one being bullied now?

5O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Rightfully deserves it too, the punk. He's most likely not even done yet. They still seem to have three bodies too many on forward - assuming that they'd like to pare down to 12 forwards, put Parros in the press box, and reserve call ups for minor leaguers. This whole thing is hysterical. Enjoy another buyout bud.

6O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:32 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I wasn't complaining - just making an observation.
And perhaps enjoying it a bit...

Jerk got to enjoy the fruits of Murray's work, and took full credit for it. Now we see his real ability as a GM (or lack thereof).

7O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

My hatred for the Canadiens has grown since watching in awe the play of Max Pacioretty.

And Ville Leino, as expected, is a fantastic puck handler and scorer.

8O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:My hatred for the Canadiens has grown since watching in awe the play of Max Pacioretty.

I like that kid even though he's a Hab. Good moves.

I love this Leino guy, awesome player. And Helm, I'll take him if Detroit has no room.

9O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:51 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=384229

Not sure anyone cares, but LA acquired Sean O'Donnell from the Kings earlier this evening for a conditional pick.

The condition is that if LA trades O'Donnell at any point in the year, the Ducks immediately get their 3rd round pick. Otherwise, they get nothing.

Stupid trade, sorry Burke, but huge thumbs down. O'Donnell plays a large part when guys like Pronger and Neidermayer and especially Beauchemin go down to injury. Huskins is good, Klee is not. Not a strong move at all IMO.

Depth can mean the difference between winning a series and losing it - plus his price tag was not overly high.

Pfft. Whatever.

EDIT: I didn't post this until now because of the two amazing games on tonight. The White Sox/Twins and the Red Wings/Habs. Wow.
Just a note, I had this posted before TSN had it up. Then confirmed from TSN.

10O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:55 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:My hatred for the Canadiens has grown since watching in awe the play of Max Pacioretty.

Pacioretty is an absolute beast. I wish he wasn't a hab.

11O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:01 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote: Just a note, I had this posted before TSN had it up. Then confirmed from TSN.

Good call Jam, I didn't notice you posted it already...I totally took it from intermission reports from the Habs/Wings game. I definitely didn't have to dig deep for this one. :D

12O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burke was just saying that he hoped that the message was loud and clear to the rest of the Ducks. O'Donnell was one of a few guys who hasn't been pulling his weight apparently.

13O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:05 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Burke was just saying that he hoped that the message was loud and clear to the rest of the Ducks. O'Donnell was one of a few guys who hasn't been pulling his weight apparently.

LOL.

Prrrf. The only message that locker room gets out of this is that maybe Burke has no clue how to responsibly manage a team in a cap era. What a joke. Somebody had to go and everybody knew it, so pointing to work ethic like this is pretty laughable.

Work all you want, but if you fit the bill and another team is willing to take you on -- which probably means you're useful, serve a purpose, and have a cheap, short-term contract -- then you stood the chance of getting shipped out.

What a joker this guy is. Does he really think anyone is going to buy that assessment?

14O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Burke was just saying that he hoped that the message was loud and clear to the rest of the Ducks. O'Donnell was one of a few guys who hasn't been pulling his weight apparently.

LOL.

Prrrf. The only message that locker room gets out of this is that maybe Burke has no clue how to responsibly manage a team in a cap era. What a joke. Somebody had to go and everybody knew it, so pointing to work ethic like this is pretty laughable.

Work all you want, but if you fit the bill and another team is willing to take you on -- which probably means you're useful, serve a purpose, and have a cheap, short-term contract -- then you stood the chance of getting shipped out.

What a joker this guy is. Does he really think anyone is going to buy that assessment?

He shouldn't. O'Donnell is a great character guy. If the Sens needed him, I would've said do it for sure.

As you said: Joker.

15O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Empty Re: O'Donnell Traded to the Kings Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:10 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's becoming more and more clear that Burke is just an *ss-hat!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum