GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina

+12
asq2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PKC
beedub
SensFan71
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cronie
davetherave
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Boston Vs. Carolina

Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_lcap231%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_lcap254%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_rcap2 54% [ 7 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_lcap28%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_lcap27%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a shocker!! 80 seconds left and Carolina ties and then wins the series to move onto face the Bruins. This one also has the makings of being a long series. How many games? Who is your choice?

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue May 19, 2009 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

2Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I call Boston in 6. 'Canes will take the first game, but the B's will wake up and roll over them.

3Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Boston in 6 as well. Ward will steal a game I think but the Bruins offense and stifling Defense will overcome the Canes.

- Unknown Author

4Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Being an inveterate supporter of underdogs, IMHO the Canes will build on their shocking upset of New Jersey and set a trap for the Bruins.

Cam Ward has won a Cup. T2 has not.

The pressure is mounting.

The Hurricanes have been all the way before. They know how.

The Bruins are learning.

This one could go 7, with the Bs winning because of sheer depth of talent...and home ice.

5Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I picked Boston in either 5 or 6.
Either way, I want the B's to come out of this one, and despite Ward being to the promised land before, Staal's immaturity won't help (although luck was sure shining on him last night...whoa).

Thomas has an opportunity to show everyone that his stats are good for a reason and it's no fluke, but he'll be busy, you can count on that.

6Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I should preface this by saying that I have a new found respect for Cam Ward. He's stepping up in a gigantic way.

Boston in 5.

7Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:24 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'll call Boston in 6. I'm not too sure though. This is going to be an interesting series for sure.

8Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronie wrote:I think I picked Boston in either 5 or 6.
Either way, I want the B's to come out of this one, and despite Ward being to the promised land before, Staal's immaturity won't help (although luck was sure shining on him last night...whoa).

Thomas has an opportunity to show everyone that his stats are good for a reason and it's no fluke, but he'll be busy, you can count on that.

I know, he looked stunned :00: when he scored the winner.

And this one is for Brodeur. Comfort

9Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting to see how the Canes handle the Bruins' brawn.

Interesting to see how the Bruins try to weather the Canes' speed.

New Jersey is not an easy team to beat.

Brodeur is one of the very best.

Yet, the Devils lost.

And the Canes are hard to figure.

Boston isn't facing a weak, depleted team like the Habs this time.

10Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't hold that against the Bruins DTR. Look at how the Pens dispatched last years Sens and then proceeded to the Finals. I think the Bruins have all the makings of a Cup Finals team and are just enjoying the fact that they stayed relatively healthy after facing a week opponent.

- Unknown Author

11Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Depth is one huge thing that Boston has, not fair probably to compare what has been done in the playoffs as Boston has only played 4 games versus the Canes 7, but the regular season tale of the tape says Boston had 7 20 goal scorers, the Canes had 4. It will be the big bad bruins against the speedy canes, however, do not discredit any of the B's players when it comes to speed as well.

Edit: Killer B's in 5.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has...Brodeur lost a step? And if so, will he ever regain it?

13Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:30 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting that there are still no takers for the Canes in this poll.

- Unknown Author

14Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Interesting that there are still no takers for the Canes in this poll.

Huh...I'm really surprised as well (Boston in 5). I would have thought there would be some people jumping on that (they don't have a chance) Canes' bandwagon.

15Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Interesting that there are still no takers for the Canes in this poll.

Where did our Canes Fan go?

Honestly, I don't think the Canes would pick themselves...not to say they don't think they can beat the Bruins.

But this is a TRUE Underdog versus Beast series.

Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Underd10

...which is probably just how they like it.

And the Canes have smokin' ice girls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum