GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina

+12
asq2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PKC
beedub
SensFan71
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cronie
davetherave
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Boston Vs. Carolina

Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_lcap231%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_lcap254%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 54% [ 7 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_lcap28%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_lcap27%Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

136Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Sun May 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

walkers get 17 penalty minutes on that last play

137Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Sun May 10, 2009 10:06 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:yea but all teams have those few

Yes, but players can be seriously injured....

The New York Rangers' Rod Gilbert wrecked his back when his skate hit some debris that had been thrown onto the ice by a fan and his career was severely compromised.

BTW seems to me I read something earlier on this thread from someone who seemed to be suggesting Zdeno Chara was a 'playoff choker'...

:KJK:

138Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:

The New York Rangers' Rod Gilbert wrecked his back when his skate hit some debris that had been thrown onto the ice by a fan and his career was severely compromised.

BTW seems to me I read something earlier on this thread from someone who seemed to be suggesting Zdeno Chara was a 'playoff choker'...

probably was saying that based on his last two games which weren't his best he was a -5 those games but he rebounded in a big way tonight

139Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
davetherave wrote: BTW seems to me I read something earlier on this thread from someone who seemed to be suggesting Zdeno Chara was a 'playoff choker'...

probably was saying that based on his last two games which weren't his best he was a -5 those games but he rebounded in a big way tonight

The fact is that Chara had been effectively countered by the Canes' strategy and quality execution of their game plan.

That's playoff hockey.

Julien made the adjustments that allowed Chara to re-assert himself tonight...of course the Bruins played with the intensity that comes from knowing it's win or go home.

As Bob Hartley said in his post game analysis on RDS, the Canes will be wiping the memory card clean and go home to Raleigh to get ready for Game Six Tuesday night.

THAT should be a thriller.

:D:

140Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

According to a post game report from Paul Kukla (Kuklas Korner), the Bruins' coach expressed his concern that Aaron Ward may have suffered a broken orbital bone as a result of the punch he received from Scott Walker.

141Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Sun May 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Ward is an idiot for not being ready for that.

142Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

he should have known walker was going to hit him

143Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 7:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
You are correct on all counts...the Bruins have a 360-degree turn in the play tonight.

Again, you would have been surprised if they had done otherwise.

A 360 turn-around when you are playing like crap isn't exactly a good thing. cool)

Or are you saying that, they have now gone a full circle, and played, last night, like they did in their first 5 games?

144Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:they were pretty much the keys to the game and the bruins definitely had the same key ideas as you dave

Dave must have been watching the secret CBC feed.

145Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:Ward is an idiot for not being ready for that.

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:he should have known walker was going to hit him

Whether he was an idiot or not, whether he knew that Walker was going to hit him or not, should not enter into the decision making process. Ward had his arms down by his side in a *clear* sign that he was not going to defend himself. Walker is an idiot for clocking him in this situation.

If you guys are going to use that argument, then let me tell you this:

Moore should have known that Bertuzzi was going to jump him. He'd been going after him the whole game for what he did to Naslund (by the way, Naslund was *never* the same after that hit), he must have heard the guy coming, and he was yelling at him to turn around and face him the whole time. He was an idiot for not being ready, so it's just too bad that he got a broken neck out of the deal.

146Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 8:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was a pretty dirty punch by Walker. They hadn't even squared off and he thew a sucker punch like that. Brutal.

147Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:they were pretty much the keys to the game and the bruins definitely had the same key ideas as you dave

Dave must have been watching the secret CBC feed.

I have my sources that cannot be revealed Wink

148Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 8:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, will Walker get suspended?

149Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 8:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I think the Choker label was attached to any Senator or ex Senator. Look at Hossa who only shook that off in the run with the Pens and Havlat now shaking it off in Chicago. I think it's being applied to Chara because of his playoff failures in Ottawa and his most recent poor stats in the last couple games prior to game 5.

- Unknown Author

150Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 8:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:So, will Walker get suspended?

My ears could have been deceiving me, but I was watching SNet Connected or the other one (flipping back and forth so much I cannot tell the difference any more -- actually, come to think of it, I think it must have been TSN). Because of the penalties he is automatically suspended for the next game, but they were pretty sure that the league would rescind the suspension. And they were talking like it was a done deal. Unreal. I'd bet Julien is only suggesting that Ward may have a broken bone in order to change their decision. The league's discipline is not intent driven, which results in this culture. I mean, really, what is worse about Bertuzzi's hit on Moore other than the broken neck? Yes, he was bigger and yes, he came from behind, but there's absolutely no way that Moore did not know he was coming.

151Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, an instigator in the last 5 min of a game gets an automatic suspension but it is rescind-able apparently. Of course, the NHL always has an out if Crosby starts a fight in the last 5 mins... then they can rescind it.

Wink

Heh heh.

152Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Suspension rescinded. Walker good for Game 6 - Ward, busted orbital bone.

Walker is a dead man skating. Unless the Bs focus too much on him and not enough on the game....

153Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina - Page 10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Boston Vs. Carolina Mon May 11, 2009 2:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Walker got a fine...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278352

Let the fireworks begin...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum