GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round One: Montreal @ Boston

+18
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
PKC
SensGirl11
Cronie
sennies1980
dennycrane
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
beedub
shabbs
davetherave
wprager
asq2
caissie_1
PTFlea
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

POLL: Round One: Montreal @ Boston

Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap20%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap20%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap24%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap28%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap229%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 29% [ 7 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap246%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 46% [ 11 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap28%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_lcap24%Round One: Montreal @ Boston Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 26]

1Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Round One: Montreal @ Boston Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who will win and why?

Ahhhhh!

2Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:29 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I see Boston winning but these series are always long. I predict 6!

3Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

On paper, Boston should smoke the Habs.

But Les Canadiens seem to hold a play-off mastery over them comparable to the Leafs over the Sens.

I think Boston will win, but I doubt it'll be a sweep.

4Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Boston has every angle covered. From D to forwards to goaltending. Even if Thomas falters, Fernandez should be fine considering what's in front of him.

Boston is 5. I'll give the Habs a game at home.

5Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who will win? - Boston
Why? - Because they are a much, much better team.

Vezina, Norris, Adams are all likely ending up in Boston this year. Montreal are lucky they're getting two home dates. I'm struggling to find reasons why this could go longer than a sweep.

Edit: I had actually gone with Boston in 5.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Bob Gainey Vs Claude Julien...and all the rest of the reasons. Should be a terrific series. Bruins in 7.

7Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dave, I've got to ask -- what makes you think it will go 7? Just hoping for a long, entertaining series? Putting up one game like the did is one thing, but can the Habs withstand this kind of physical punishment every second day for two weeks? And what about the rumours of Schneider requiring surgery? If those are remotely true, then it's one thing to come back for one game and play sparingly (they dressed 7 D, didn't they?) but quite another to continue to do this in a playoff series. Plus what we saw last Thursday was Thomas at close to his worst, and they still lost.

As I said before, I'm honestly struggling to find a reason why the Habs could even win one. Even if the ghosts finally moved to the new location, are they eveni in game shape, after a 13 lay-off?

8Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Boston in 5. I see the Habs pulling one of a hat.

9Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:18 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

This is the second season. All team stats are reset to 0. Is Boston powerful. Yup, you bet they are. Can Montreal shock an opponent, especially over up to 7 games, again, Yup, you bet they can.

If this series goes to 7, I believe the victor shall be Montreal

10Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:46 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Boston in 6. Montreal will continue to lack goalie support and Boston will make it a hard series for them.

11Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:31 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Price will poop the bed (again) and Thomas will WILL the team to victory!

12Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:11 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Dave, I've got to ask -- what makes you think it will go 7? Just hoping for a long, entertaining series? Putting up one game like the did is one thing, but can the Habs withstand this kind of physical punishment every second day for two weeks? And what about the rumours of Schneider requiring surgery? If those are remotely true, then it's one thing to come back for one game and play sparingly (they dressed 7 D, didn't they?) but quite another to continue to do this in a playoff series. Plus what we saw last Thursday was Thomas at close to his worst, and they still lost.

As I said before, I'm honestly struggling to find a reason why the Habs could even win one. Even if the ghosts finally moved to the new location, are they eveni in game shape, after a 13 lay-off?

Prags, there are more than a few reasons...

One: Bob Gainey. These are not Carbo's Cuties. The players believe in what he says, and Gainey knows more about winning hockey games the ugly way than both teams put together.

Two: the Bruins really, really, really, hate the Habs. If they don't control their emotions, Montreal will use Boston's testosterone against them. The PP with Schneider is still dangerous.

Three: the enigmas of Le Canadien. Alexei Kovalev and Carey Price. Two players who can win a game by being extraordinary. And there are the mysterious Flying Kostitsyns.

Four: Les plombiers. Montreal has some guys who no one notices...like Metropolit, Kostopoulos, and D'Agostini. They play greasy. And they can score, too.

Five: Every Boston-Montreal game is an act of war. Only warriors need apply.

Yes, Boston could end this early...if they manage to win the first three. IF.

cool)

13Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

should be a rough and tumble series, which is not good for Montreal as they are hurting all ready, Boston is going to be looking to embarrass this team as they are now the favourites, anything more than 5 games will be a miracle for Montreal, they just don't cut it against these Killer B's

14Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:One: Bob Gainey. These are not Carbo's Cuties. The players believe in what he says, and Gainey knows more about winning hockey games the ugly way than both teams put together.

Gainey can only do so much. It's not in the character of the players on the team to win ugly. They're a team whose bread and butter is in clever passing and now they've lost their best initiator of that in Markov. Against Boston's blue-line of behemoths, the only way they'll be able to survive IMO is by beating them with speed and skill, and that's harder to pull off in the playoffs.

15Round One: Montreal @ Boston Empty Re: Round One: Montreal @ Boston Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:should be a rough and tumble series, which is not good for Montreal as they are hurting all ready, Boston is going to be looking to embarrass this team as they are now the favourites, anything more than 5 games will be a miracle for Montreal, they just don't cut it against these Killer B's

A delegation has already been sent to the Oratoire Saint Joseph asking for a miracle LOL...

Seriously, when was the last time a Montreal-Boston playoff series went less than six games?

Answer: 1992.

Since then, the teams have met four times, and each series has gone at least six games, with three going the distance.

For your information and amusement:

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Boston_Bruins-Montreal_Canadiens_playoff_series

Far from your average playoff matchup.
cool)

And remember, the Bruins have to win in Le Centre Bell if they want to finish this in less than seven. Not an easy task.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 26]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum