GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kings demote Bernier

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kings demote Bernier Empty Kings demote Bernier Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:45 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Now that the Kings have demoted Bernier, does this mean they are in on Gerber or Khabibulin?

2Kings demote Bernier Empty Re: Kings demote Bernier Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Now that the Kings have demoted Bernier, does this mean they are in on Gerber or Khabibulin?

Perhaps...but if they truly want to be a better hockey club, how come they didn't nab Schneider?

I think it's Labarbarera (sp) and whatever loser they have backing him up. I'd be surprised if they spend their money on Khabby or Gerber. Maybe though...they can have Gerber for...nothing.

3Kings demote Bernier Empty Re: Kings demote Bernier Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:Now that the Kings have demoted Bernier, does this mean they are in on Gerber or Khabibulin?

Perhaps...but if they truly want to be a better hockey club, how come they didn't nab Schneider?

I think it's Labarbarera (sp) and whatever loser they have backing him up. I'd be surprised if they spend their money on Khabby or Gerber. Maybe though...they can have Gerber for...nothing.
The loser they have backing up is Ersberg, you know, the guy who shut us out last year.

4Kings demote Bernier Empty Re: Kings demote Bernier Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
The loser they have backing up is Ersberg, you know, the guy who shut us out last year.

Oh yeah, he's pretty good too. That makes Lababarbewbrega the loser - my bad!

EDIT: As good a prospect as Ersberg is (he shut out someone else around that time too), I recall the Sens playing that game. We were horrible and the reffing was atrocious (Murray had the tantrum that game). A lot of teams and their goalies would've shut us out.

5Kings demote Bernier Empty Re: Kings demote Bernier Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

While I wouldn't be shocked to see LA pick up a goalie like Khabibulin, they have gone with crappy goaltending for years and I'm not sure why they'd change the course now.

Still, Ersberg is a very, very good goalie. The report on him is quite good -- what he did towards the end of last season (not just against us, either) was, as I understand it, no fluke. If LA goes with Labarbara/Ersberg, I expect Ersberg to be the starter there before the end of November.

6Kings demote Bernier Empty Re: Kings demote Bernier Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:While I wouldn't be shocked to see LA pick up a goalie like Khabibulin, they have gone with crappy goaltending for years and I'm not sure why they'd change the course now.

Still, Ersberg is a very, very good goalie. The report on him is quite good -- what he did towards the end of last season (not just against us, either) was, as I understand it, no fluke. If LA goes with Labarbara/Ersberg, I expect Ersberg to be the starter there before the end of November.

I agree, let the kids go at it. They've got one more mediocre to bad year before they're legit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum