GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Lee, Bass and Z. Smith sent down to Bingo

+3
Mojo
rooneypoo
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens send 3 down to Bingo.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/30/7583876.html

Bingo face the Habs' AHL squad this afternoon.

2Senators: Lee, Bass and Z. Smith sent down to Bingo Empty Sens demote Bass, Z. Smith, and Lee Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

From the Ottawa Sun:

Could just be a conditioning thing (the Sens have yet another long layoff [3 days] between games), or it could be that the injuries to Picard and Donovan are not expected to be an issue come Wednesday. That would make the 12th forward Schubert, tho'... so maybe we'll be seeing one of Smith, Shannon, or Zubov with the Sens on Wednesday after all...?

Who knows, I dont think anyone knows whats going on in Ottawa. Hate seeing Bass getting sent down because there really isnt anything for him to learn down there. He isnt a scoring center, he is a 4th line guy that hits, fights and can pop in the odd goal. Its no different in Bingo and this team should have made room for him at camp.

Guess what the team needs is even less character.

Oh, and it was Lee, Smith and Bass that got sent down to Bingo.

Its doing no one any good having the kids up here. They were tearing things up down in Bingo might as well let em go and play big minutes on a winning team.

Only one i dont agree with is Bass.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I guess it just means that the injuries are cleaning up. I guess we will see Picard, Donovan, and McAmmond back in the line up.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Oh, and it was Lee, Smith and Bass that got sent down to Bingo.

Wha...??? You don't like the way I ordered the names or something ("Lee, Smith, and Bass" and NOT "Bass, Smith, and Lee")?

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Oh, and it was Lee, Smith and Bass that got sent down to Bingo.

Wha...??? You don't like the way I ordered the names or something ("Lee, Smith, and Bass" and NOT "Bass, Smith, and Lee")?

No, you said Smith might be up here Wed night, he got sent down as well, so prob not.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

No, you said Smith might be up here Wed night, he got sent down as well, so prob not.

All I meant was, hypothetically, they could call him back. It's another long layoff between games and they probably want to make sure that their youngsters get as much playing time as possible. If Donovan and/or McAmmond aren't ready to go, or if Hartsburg doesn't like Schubert at F (which, by all accounts, he doesn't), we're going to need an extra body, and Bass, Smith, and Zubov seem like the obvious candidates to me.

Shannon might be ready to go on Wednesday night...

drive2thenet

drive2thenet
Prospect
Prospect

shabbs wrote:Sens send 3 down to Bingo.

Bingo face the Habs' AHL squad this afternoon.

And it's also a reality that when you're as close to the cap ceiling as the Sens are, even a few days off the roster for these players helps keep you farther under the cap. Since we don't play again until Thursday, fully expect that some of these players might be brought back on Thursday.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we have Lee back for next game? At least he can move the puck.

504Heater wrote:Can we have Lee back for next game? At least he can move the puck.

He was awful, why would you put him in there. Picard can move the puck, Bell can as well and has been great. Lee was pushed off the puck like he was a 10 year old girl last night. He was anything but impressive.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mojo1016 wrote:I guess it just means that the injuries are cleaning up. I guess we will see Picard, Donovan, and McAmmond back in the line up.
I think this has more to do with the extended break until the Sens play next and that they are needed down in Bingo.

shabbs wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:I guess it just means that the injuries are cleaning up. I guess we will see Picard, Donovan, and McAmmond back in the line up.
I think this has more to do with the extended break until the Sens play next and that they are needed down in Bingo.

You would think so, but again, Im not sure what is going on in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum