GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards!

+17
Phoenix30
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
wprager
TeamRenzo
SensHulk
asq2
Urkie
SDH89
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 30]

1OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 11:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm pretty nervous that we won't re-sign Cullen. I find it a shame - not because he can score 60 points - he's a 40 point guy and MAYBE a 20 goal guy on a good year, but because of the oft talked about versatility he brings and the maturity he also brings to a somewhat young lineup.

If Murray can entice him to stay with a 3+ million, 3 year contract, I think there'll be a lot of people really, really happy. But the reality is, that probably won't happen. It's the way the cap works, you simple can't afford a plethora of 3 milion dollar contracts - no matter how important you deem them.

So, how will the forwards be worked out this off-season?

Here are the locks for making the team barring a trade:

Jason Spezza
Mike Fisher
Chris Kelly
Milan Michalek
Daniel Alfredsson
Alex Kovalev
Chris Neil
Jarkko Ruutu

Here are the guys that would make the team, but need new RFA contracts:

Peter Regin
Jesse Winchester
Nick Foligno

Here are the guys on the bubble:

Zack Smith
Ryan Shannon
Bobby Butler

8 locks, 3 RFAs that will play if re-signed and 3 guys who need a chance (maybe just 2, Shannon might have used up his ninth life).

That's a healthy 13 forwards, the 4th line may not scare many, but they'll work hard assuming it looks like this:

Regin - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Fisher - Kovalev
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Foligno - Z.Smith - Winchester

with Butler and Shannon as the call-up and the extra

That's ~37 million dollars assuming Regin gets a 1.2 contract, Foligno 1.2 and Winchester 0.8

What happens from here?

2OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sticking with my prediction for Regin - 1.5-2 million on a 1-2 year deal, or 3x3. Guys don't sign 4+ year deals at 1-2 million per.

Foligno's a 1-1.5M guy. Sens will likely give him a 1/2 year deal.

Winchester probably 800K-1M.
'It's normally the all-stars like Spezza/Heatley/Aflie or the vet's (Phillips/Kuba/Ruutu) that get the longer (3 or 5+ year) deals because they are either the future of the team or because they want security in their careers. Young guys like Regin, Foligno get short term deals so they have to earn their long term deals. And they don't want to get locked up at a price that is less than they can get in 2-3 years down the road.

3OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 pm

I still have yet to hear or find where Murray said Cullen will be tough to sign or it looks unlikely he will. Im not saying people are wrong here but it would still be nice to hear it from the horses mouth.

4OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:I still have yet to hear or find where Murray said Cullen will be tough to sign or it looks unlikely he will. Im not saying people are wrong here but it would still be nice to hear it from the horses mouth.

What Murray said regarding Cullen is that he expects to have to make a move in order to sign him. This was during a Team 1200 interview with the "Healthy Scratches". The way he phrased it sounded like he intended to make that move too.

5OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I still have yet to hear or find where Murray said Cullen will be tough to sign or it looks unlikely he will. Im not saying people are wrong here but it would still be nice to hear it from the horses mouth.

I agree. All I have heard from him is they want to sign him and they'll talk. Nothing good but, nothing bad either.

- Unknown Author

6OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
What Murray said regarding Cullen is that he expects to have to make a move in order to sign him. This was during a Team 1200 interview with the "Healthy Scratches". The way he phrased it sounded like he intended to make that move too.

Holy Dung. That would be awesome.

7OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

As in moving Cheechoo to Broome County along with Shannon?

- Unknown Author

8OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

As in moving Cheechoo to Broome County along with Shannon?

Cheechoo is already "moved". Even capgeek.com has him off of the Senators roster.

Actually, in the same interview, he mentioned trying to make a team take an extra player if they wanted a certain other player in a trade.

9OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:38 pm

They have to do everything possible to sign Cullen, he will help this team more then any basically any player up front other then Alfi. Yes, he helps this team more then Spezza does.

10OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cheechoo is already "moved". Even capgeek.com has him off of the Senators roster.

Actually, in the same interview, he mentioned trying to make a team take an extra player if they wanted a certain other player in a trade.

That part I remember because he said it went both ways. With some of the guys he's asked for, the other team wants a valuable piece of the youth in return.

11OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm just not sure who we'd be moving... appart from foligno, Lee...etc basicaly the guys not making much. what high salary player will be moved? (cue the spezza talk)

i mean i rather not trade spezza personally since i doubt we'd get a decent value in return, kovalev isn't worth the money he's making and anyone can see that. i doubt they move fisher as murray puts him part of the immovable core...

who???

12OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher, Kuba, Kelly, Neil, Ruutu - all guys that are making slightly more than most players in their roles. Yes, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil is a sick line.

13OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 6:13 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I like Cullen a lot, but I think signing a D-Man is much more important at this time.

14OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Fisher, Kuba, Kelly, Neil, Ruutu - all guys that are making slightly more than most players in their roles. Yes, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil is a sick line.

i could deal with fisher and/or kuba maybe even kelly leaving but i doubt fisher is leaving. i love what ruutu does and he makes only 1.3 doing it, so no i don't think a half mill savings is worth it. neil is going nowhere.

15OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Empty Re: OFFSEASON TALK: Forwards! Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was just answering your question Shrug

Actually, you can add Kovalev there too. I keep forgetting he's a Senator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 30]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum