GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker?

+6
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Best Picture - Avatar or The Hurt Locker

POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Vote_lcap229%POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Vote_lcap271%POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Vote_rcap2 71% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I've been thinking about this since it aired on Sunday. Personally if I was voting for best picture I would have had to vote for the Hurt Locker, it was just a great masterpiece of a film. I also have a lot of love for Avatar and the effects of that movie took my breath away at times. The only downfall for Avatar was the story, while it served its purpose it could have been better, IMO.

What do you think? Would you have voted for Avatar or The Hurt Locker?

2POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Inglorious Basterds/Up in the air Smile

3POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:45 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

marakh wrote:Inglorious Basterds/Up in the air Smile

I know, I was thinking about that afterwards, but I'm curious as to what people would have voted had it been only between the two mentioned. Cool

4POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:46 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Inglorious was awesome too though, it was just the wrong year for him unfortunately.

I haven't seen Up in the Air, Precious or Blindside yet.

A Serious Man lost my interest about 40 minutes in. Very difficult movie to get into.

5POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:06 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Coen bros movies are usually difficult to get into. Big Lebowski was the exception, and one of their best IMO.
Hurt locker and Blundside haven't seen yet, and Precious was awesome.
But still, Shosanna Dreyfus wins my heart.

6POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's Shosanna Dreyfus?

7POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Hurt Locker. I haven't even seen Avatar. Hurt Locker is epic though, and it's nice to see a smaller film beat out the big budget epic for awards such as these.

8POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's Shosanna Dreyfus?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0110903/

9POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hurt Locker for me. Kat did an awesome job directing that, acting was stellar, script, everything.

10POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0110903/

POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? 270956 I should have known. She was you avatar for a while.

11POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:17 pm

A character from Inglorious Basterds it seems, played by Mélanie Laurent.

12POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

She had a real quiet cool to her. That's a ridiculously underrated film (Basterds that is). It's a real tip of the hat to QT that he came back after Kill Bill and produced another killer film.

He's just awesome, the best I would suggest.

13POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Hurt Locker. I haven't even seen Avatar. Hurt Locker is epic though, and it's nice to see a smaller film beat out the big budget epic for awards such as these.

I haven't seen it yet and It's probably a great movie, but with Oscars sometimes, the best movie category is biased with current political situations. Or may be it's part of the criterias, I don't know.
Given the USA's current state in Mid-east, those kind of movies probably have a few advantages over movies like Inglorious basterds or Precious, who would have probably won the Best movie category if we were in the 80's.
I thought last year the Oscars were great and very untraditionnal, but this year they went back to the "Eye-opener" movies and let the most entertaining and original ones away.

14POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Hurt Locker would have won it any time, anywhere.

15POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Empty Re: POLL: Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Hurt Locker would have won it any time, anywhere.

I do to. The more I think about it, the more I believe it was absolutely the right choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum