GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

+2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SSF's Avatar Empty SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought it deserved a thread of its own. Then, every time he changes the avatar we can discuss it here, offer guesses, congratulate the cleverness, etc.

For those who don't know, SSF (SeawaySensFan) was not the greatest fan of Mike Fisher, and somewhere near the start of the season changed his avatar to a picture of Mike (after getting lots of ribbing about having it "in for him"). Soon after that Mike started to have a very strong season, and people noticed. Since then SSF has been trying on different avatars to get different members of the team going. Lately he has gotten a bit cryptic. His previous avatar was a map showing Cuba -- although I have not seen it officially confirmed or denied, I think this was aimed at jump-starting Kuba. Kuba got injured so I'm not sure if that worked or not (some would say the team is better off with Kuba out of the lineup; maybe he comse back stronger, who knows).

The latest avatar is the cover of Black Sabbath's "The Wizard". My guess is that alludes to l'Artiste, or Kovalev, aimed just in time to set Kovalev up for a re-match against his former team. I've been away from the keyboard for a while, so I don't know when SSF changed his avatar, but last night it was Kovalev who made a strong play in the last two minutes to keep the puck in the zone, eventually setting up Campoli's winner.

OK, that's it. I welcome SSF to come here and confirm or deny (current, past and, of course, future avatars).

2SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice of you to notice how important Kovalev was to that play. I've seen him play the same way many times, with no results. The last few shifts he had, you could tell he wanted to sew that game up.

As for the Wizard... we're still waiting for his arrival.

3SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Who is the wizard?

4SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:07 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Who is the wizard?

Ray Whitney, in Carolina. SSF has been advocating a move for him for some time.

5SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He was traded yesterday for Cheechoo... (in my NHL 10 BaGM)

6SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Who is the wizard?

Ray Whitney, in Carolina. SSF has been advocating a move for him for some time.

And the Walrus was Paul.

7SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neat thread. Lalalala

8SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorry, SSF, your reply is nearly as cryptic as your avatar. Are you saying that "The Wizard" does not refer to Kovalev? Was Darth Rooneyus correct about Ray Whitney?

9SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'm sorry, SSF, your reply is nearly as cryptic as your avatar. Are you saying that "The Wizard" does not refer to Kovalev? Was Darth Rooneyus correct about Ray Whitney?

Yeah. And we've already got a tune for when he scores:

10SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MJ

11SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:MJ

MIchael Jackson singing (and dancing to) Black Sabbath?

Sharon!

12SSF's Avatar Empty Re: SSF's Avatar Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:MJ

MIchael Jackson singing (and dancing to) Black Sabbath?

Sharon!

Shamon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum