GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL

+13
Cronie
PKC
Sens4thecup
wprager
bluewhiteandgolf
Number Twenty Nine
COLLAR UP
smash88
Jordo
shabbs
PTFlea
jamvan
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

ole!

32Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

We are getting smoked!!!! By their C team. What the hell.

33Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Another set of fights... Sat night should be interesting. Habs-killah Alfie should do some damage.

34Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:38 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Yeah, Richardson's name has popped up on a few goals. Been a couple of good fights so far... Whatever D pairings they have tonight are not working too well...
Just like I said, Richardson thing has got to stop now.

35Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No Alfie, no Philips, no Fisher, no Smith, no Foligno, no Picard...

36Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? Richardson...WTF, get lost old man.

I'm a little pissed right now. This is a Habs team without it's major stars. Wake the Diddle up guys. Wake up now, tonight. Be awake for tomorrow's game.

I don't like losing, pre-season or not. No excuse for this.

37Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, if anything, tonight is showing Hartsburg what's clearly NOT working.

38Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What is it about the Sens against the Habs' power play? I swear, as good as the Montreal PP was, it was better against Ottawa than the rest of the league. And it's not like we are stingy on giving out PP opportunities either.

39Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, glad I didn't get a chance to watch this one.

In other news, Brampton defeated Peterborough 5-2. Montreal draft pick Missiaen was in nets for the Petes. Two knuckle dusters too. Pretty heated game.

40Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

"There were red flags," said Senators coach Craig Hartsburg. "We didn't compete or check. There are some bad habits we have to break. It wasn't just the defence, it was everybody."

Bad habits indeed. It's going to take some time to break those.

Slow start? Yes.

41Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:43 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:No Alfie, no Philips, no Fisher, no Smith, no Foligno, no Picard...

NO excuses...we still had 70% of the line-up playing tonight...compared to MTL's AHL squad...

5-0 is not acceptable...

42Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:52 am

So maybe it's just me but I would have liked Hartsburg to have been a little stronger in his criticism of last night's game. 5-0 is in no way even remotely acceptable. I think he should have set the tone with a very strong and public message, that lack luster efforts are not oing to be tolerated, preseason, regular season, post season or even practice. Man up boys!

43Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:56 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:So maybe it's just me but I would have liked Hartsburg to have been a little stronger in his criticism of last night's game. 5-0 is in no way even remotely acceptable. I think he should have set the tone with a very strong and public message, that lack luster efforts are not oing to be tolerated, preseason, regular season, post season or even practice. Man up boys!

IMO...this early in the season...that sort of conversation is done with the team behind closed doors.

There is no need to use the media to energize your team this early...I think that would put as bad tatse in a lot of players mouth's and perhaps some would lose some respect for Harts...

I surely do hope that he nailed them in the dressing rrom after the game though...big time...

44Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:09 am

COLLAR UP wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:So maybe it's just me but I would have liked Hartsburg to have been a little stronger in his criticism of last night's game. 5-0 is in no way even remotely acceptable. I think he should have set the tone with a very strong and public message, that lack luster efforts are not oing to be tolerated, preseason, regular season, post season or even practice. Man up boys!

IMO...this early in the season...that sort of conversation is done with the team behind closed doors.

There is no need to use the media to energize your team this early...I think that would put as bad tatse in a lot of players mouth's and perhaps some would lose some respect for Harts...

I surely do hope that he nailed them in the dressing rrom after the game though...big time...

I see what you are saying. I am just thinking that you can fire a shot across the bow in the pre season and scare them a bit. It is a card you don't play to often but you need to let the team know that you will play it. Maybe too early...

45Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

COLLAR UP wrote:
shabbs wrote:No Alfie, no Philips, no Fisher, no Smith, no Foligno, no Picard...

NO excuses...we still had 70% of the line-up playing tonight...compared to MTL's AHL squad...

5-0 is not acceptable...
The only excuse I'm willing to accept is that it's pre-season and the team is still finding it's legs and identity. Patience will be needed.

46Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Maybe placing McAmmond on waivers is the shot across the bow?

47Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens4thecup wrote:Maybe placing McAmmond on waivers is the shot across the bow?

Not sure how that would help (it's still a rumour, isn't it?) McAmmond's only sin is his age and cap hit -- his effort is not in doubt, and waiving him would not be a good example to the others.

Now, Nikulin getting sent down without any pre-season game action, that may have been a "lesson" move.

48Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre-Season: Gm's #4 & 5- OTT vs. MTL Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:19 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Any idea where to watch this game tonight?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum