GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+29
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
ddt
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Devo
beedub
Tuk Tuk
Ev
LeCaptain
strachattack
TheAvatar
PKC
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
M_Christopher
Urkie
PTFlea
sens4win
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 62]

451TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:
All I know is he turned down the 4 x 4 deal. I don't know what or even if they countered for an amount if he signs for 4 years. I did hear that 4 million would work if they sign him to at least 6 years, but the sens want no part of that.

They can't meet in the middle and do 5 years, 20 million?

452TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Well, look at it this way, would you want Jason Smith of the last year in Ottawa at 4 mil? I bet it's a NTC that is holding a lot up becuase those are killing teams right now.

Anyways, 4 mil is about what everyone expected and if he gets 6 years, his price would have to come down a bit. That would still be more garenteed money then 4 years at 4 mil.

I guess, relatively speaking, 500k is splitting hairs in pro sports. But you have to draw a line in the sand some time. I can even be convinced that Volchenkov deserves 4. But for the Ottawa Senators, it's gotta 3.5.

453TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:19 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing?Source-Nashville-Unlikely-to-Trade-Hamhu=1&blockID=189421&feedID=704

Nashville has turned down 3 offers for Hamhuis.

454TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:22 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:Well, look at it this way, would you want Jason Smith of the last year in Ottawa at 4 mil? I bet it's a NTC that is holding a lot up becuase those are killing teams right now.

Anyways, 4 mil is about what everyone expected and if he gets 6 years, his price would have to come down a bit. That would still be more garenteed money then 4 years at 4 mil.

I guess, relatively speaking, 500k is splitting hairs in pro sports. But you have to draw a line in the sand some time. I can even be convinced that Volchenkov deserves 4. But for the Ottawa Senators, it's gotta 3.5.

Absolutely, but if A Train is looking for term, it has to come down a bit, if he's looking for cash, he cant be looking for term.

They will meet somewhere in the middle, probably like 3.75 over 6 years. 22.5 mil is A LOT more then 16 mil over 4 years. That is probably about as fair for both sides as you can get. Murray absolutely owes him term despite what his shelf life might be, like I said, there is loyalty on both sides. A Train wont uproot for 250K a season (which would just go to taxes anyways) and Murray shouldnt deal him for 2 extra years.

455TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Absolutely, but if A Train is looking for term, it has to come down a bit, if he's looking for cash, he cant be looking for term.

They will meet somewhere in the middle, probably like 3.75 over 6 years. 22.5 mil is A LOT more then 16 mil over 4 years. That is probably about as fair for both sides as you can get. Murray absolutely owes him term despite what his shelf life might be, like I said, there is loyalty on both sides. A Train wont uproot for 250K a season (which would just go to taxes anyways) and Murray shouldnt deal him for 2 extra years.

Yeah exactly.

456TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:I heard Vancouver had interest for quite a while now.

In Zidlicky?

Yeah he was one of the names mentioned as a really good addition to the Canucks for what they need (offensive defenceman).

457TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:34 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:I heard Vancouver had interest for quite a while now.

In Zidlicky?

Yeah he was one of the names mentioned as a really good addition to the Canucks for what they need (offensive defenceman).

Really? Edler, Erhoff, Salo and Birksa aren't enough? I think Vancouver needs a 3rd line center more than anything.

458TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 am

Willy Mitchell is out for the year perhaps, they need some help for sure because that's a huge loss.

459TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seidenberg's price just went down BIG time. He's owed a 1.25 million dollar bonus at the end of the year according to Garrioch. So...a salary dump to Florida or a LATE pick.

460TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Goodness, Nashville is asking for a 1st rounder AND a scoring winger for Hamhuis. TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 62136 That's insane.

461TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 am

Hamius wont get that, I'll bet he stays in Nashville.

462TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Seidenberg's price just went down BIG time. He's owed a 1.25 million dollar bonus at the end of the year according to Garrioch. So...a salary dump to Florida or a LATE pick.

We all know what a fine grasp Garrioch has of the "bonus" concept. But given that we're talking "real dollars" here, I say ADVANTAGE = SENS!!! DancingBanana

463TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote: DancingBanana

Speaking of which. Any trade deadline bananas?

- Unknown Author

464TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Hamius wont get that, I'll bet he stays in Nashville.

Agreed, I wouldn't pay that price for a rental of Dan Hamhuis, no way, no how.

465TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Seidenberg's price just went down BIG time. He's owed a 1.25 million dollar bonus at the end of the year according to Garrioch. So...a salary dump to Florida or a LATE pick.

We all know what a fine grasp Garrioch has of the "bonus" concept. But given that we're talking "real dollars" here, I say ADVANTAGE = SENS!!! DancingBanana

I'll still take him, but it'll cost nothing more than a 5th. Good? Good. Deal.

466TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am

I love Hamius and I would pay that with an extension in place, but not for a rental, no shot.

467TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Goodness, Nashville is asking for a 1st rounder AND a scoring winger for Hamhuis. TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 62136 That's insane.

If those cheap Diddlers wanted a scoring winger, they should have gotten in on the Smeat-stakes... Diddle that pissed me off! Dammit!

468TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 31 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bryan Murray
re-iterated today that the plan is not to trade Volchenkov, despite his
pending UFA status. He doesn't expect new talks soon.

From Ian Mendes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum