GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+29
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
ddt
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Devo
beedub
Tuk Tuk
Ev
LeCaptain
strachattack
TheAvatar
PKC
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
M_Christopher
Urkie
PTFlea
sens4win
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 62]

241TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rip the band-aid off. This is why GMs get paid big bucks. Acquire someone like Robidas, use Volchenkov as trade bait now before you watch him leave for nothing.

242TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

If he doesn't sign then you have to deal him before the deadline. Can't let another D walk for nothing.

243TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

he was asked if its possible that volchenkov could be traded if a deal isn't done, and he definitely didn't rule that out at all. I'm guessing Murray was not expecting this at all from Volchie....wonder if his russian teammates have influenced him in some way.

244TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Murray obviously had to be careful with his words...should he had come out and said he would have to trade him if he can't get him signed it would decrease the return.

To me..(and it's just my opinion) the sound in his voice totally led me to believe that he would trade him away rather than deal with having to let him go for nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like Robidas come in and Volchie get shipped out.

245TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:59 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

double diddle

246TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So Volchenkov will head to Washington or Chicago if I'm a betting man...which I'm not. anyways, totally bummed out by this news. You could tell in his tone and voice that he's frustrated with Volchenkov and he's not going to lose him for nothing.

247TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:So Volchenkov will head to Washington or Chicago if I'm a betting man...which I'm not. anyways, totally bummed out by this news. You could tell in his tone and voice that he's frustrated with Volchenkov and he's not going to lose him for nothing.

It pains me to type this, but Volchenkov is likely to be dealt to Chicago along with Lee for Sharp and Chris Kelly to FLA for Seidenberg.

248TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:So Volchenkov will head to Washington or Chicago if I'm a betting man...which I'm not. anyways, totally bummed out by this news. You could tell in his tone and voice that he's frustrated with Volchenkov and he's not going to lose him for nothing.

It pains me to type this, but Volchenkov is likely to be dealt to Chicago along with Lee for Sharp and Chris Kelly to FLA for Seidenberg.

That doesn't pain me at all. As long as we get Seidenberg signed and don't let him walk I'm thrilled would be thrilled with these two trades.

249TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Just deal him, he isnt as great as he think's he is or a lot of other people. If A Train gets dealt it just means that there is a position open beside Phillips where a guy can look better then he actually is.

That could be a spot for Lee to try his hand at if A Train gets dealt.

Off season, go after Hamius, he might be the best number 3 D man in The NHL.

250TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Devo wrote:Seconds ago on the radio Murray said talks with Volchie aren't going anywhere and he's not liking what he's hearing from his agent.

This really really really really really really really sucks!! Dammit!

Oh well, what can you do eh? I love A-Train, always will. But if he's looking for 4.5 we can't do it. I'm assuming he's trying rto get as much as he can since he's probably only going to be playing for another 3 years max. His body won't be strong for too much longer with the way he gets abused. Well, Murray, time to get something done with another kick-Donkey shut down d-man.

I'll miss you more than you can know Volchenkov. Crying

251TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:20 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

N4L wrote:Just deal him, he isnt as great as he think's he is or a lot of other people. If A Train gets dealt it just means that there is a position open beside Phillips where a guy can look better then he actually is.

Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Not even close.

252TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
Devo wrote:Seconds ago on the radio Murray said talks with Volchie aren't going anywhere and he's not liking what he's hearing from his agent.

This really really really really really really really sucks!! Dammit!

Oh well, what can you do eh? I love A-Train, always will. But if he's looking for 4.5 we can't do it. I'm assuming he's trying rto get as much as he can since he's probably only going to be playing for another 3 years max. His body won't be strong for too much longer with the way he gets abused. Well, Murray, time to get something done with another kick-Donkey shut down d-man.

I'll miss you more than you can know Volchenkov. Crying

We don't know what the number is. For all we know, Murray's being a cheap bastard about things too.

253TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Oh man, Volchenkov to Chicago for Sharp would make me so happy.

254TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If this happens it's likely the Kelly trade happens first. I personally wouldn't mind Lee/Volch for Sharp, and Campoli/Foligno for Robidas/Woywitka.

Michalek-Spezza-Sharp
Cullen-Fisher-Alfie
Shannon-Regin-Kovalev
Ruuttu-Winchester-Neil

Philips-Robidas
Kuba-Karlsson
Carkner-Woywitka

Wouldn't be shocked to see Leclaire go either...

Leclaire to Phila for Carle/Powe

255TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312017

Blues send Danny Richmond and Hannu Toivonen to the Hawks for Joe Fallon.

256TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312017

Blues send Danny Richmond and Hannu Toivonen to the Hawks for Joe Fallon.

HOLY Dung !!! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 235689 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 805406

257TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Trade him and make a move for Hamhuis or Seidenberg or even better Robidas.

258TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 17 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:24 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
N4L wrote:Just deal him, he isnt as great as he think's he is or a lot of other people. If A Train gets dealt it just means that there is a position open beside Phillips where a guy can look better then he actually is.

Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Not even close.

That's the type of position where Lee could succeed, not right now obviously, but a RH shot with size, good skating ability, good first pass. The guy isnt going to be an offensive threat, he will be a shut down guy at some point, could be beside Phillips if A Train is bounced out of Ottawa.

Im not a Lee fan but I think you try that and see what he is willing to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum