GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010

+15
LeCaptain
PTFlea
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Ev
sens4win
TheAvatar
LethalLehner
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PKC
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Switzerland vs. Canada Feb. 18, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap212%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap253%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 9 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap212%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap26%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap217%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 22]

Im serious when I say this, I dont care if Canada wins or not. Im calling this from a completely unbias point of view, Canada doesnt care and doesnt have the pasion that the other nations do right now.

Canada thinks they should win, other teams know they need to work hard and to win.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Im serious when I say this, I dont care if Canada wins or not. Im calling this from a completely unbias point of view, Canada doesnt care and doesnt have the pasion that the other nations do right now.

Canada thinks they should win, other teams know they need to work hard and to win.

Are they in deep Dung, or can they pull this out in your opinion?

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Im serious when I say this, I dont care if Canada wins or not. Im calling this from a completely unbias point of view, Canada doesnt care and doesnt have the pasion that the other nations do right now.

Unbiased? You sound like you hate Team Canada with a passion.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Cant get the players to care more then the other team.

The saving grance here will be Crosby, plain and simple. Canada will go as he does.

Crosby, Nash, Getzlaf, Boyle, Weber, Pronger, Neidermayer (play better!). The core of the team are winners through and through, I'm positive they care a lot. They need to loosen up a bit and start allowing their talent to dictate. I think they can do it, but if they don't, go Sweden!! Ahhhhh!

What is the core of the Swedes? That's still the team to beat IMO and Russia, well they have more tallent then any team in the tournament.

Anyways, I think Pronger is an absolute idiot and will cost this team at some point in the tournament like he did in 2006.

SpezDispenser wrote:

Are they in deep Dung, or can they pull this out in your opinion?

For sure they can pull it out, but IMO, it will be because Crosby finds another level, nothing more, nothing less.

He's the guy that cares and you can tell. He absolutely cares more about the people around him and the country then himself. Guys like Pronger, Heatley, Thornton will be the downfall.

Canada can win gold and anyone who says otherwise is either stupid or trying to convience themselves of something that isnt true, but if they dont start to care and find the will to win and represent the country and not themselves, then they wont.

The question I would love to know the answer is, did they want to make this team to be looked at as they best of the best, or did they actually want to represent Canada. I bet you the real answers would be about 50/50.

stempniaksen wrote:
hemlock wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Big Ev wrote:This does not cost them whatsoever. If we won this game in regulation and then lost to the U.S., we would have lost the pool anyway. After the round robin, the points mean nothing and this game can be put into the past (even though most of you are overreacting, and we still got 2 points tonight).

+1

Best quote in this entire thread.

Some people seem to be forgetting that last time Canada won gold they faced adversity. If they don't respond well next game we might have something to worry about, but let's just assume they learned their lesson.

Why would we assume anything though?

I'm assuming we finish in the top 8 and make the quarters, is that so much of a stretch? Regardless of what happens against the 'mighty' USA, 5 points will be enough to advance.

Dismissing the U.S. already? Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 11 62136

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The bottom line is, any team can win if you have a hot goalie. Hiller was hot tonight and they competed, but in the end they could not win it all because of their lack of big game offensive players.

This shootout win will be like smelling salt for most of the team. They are now going to wake up and play with the heart and determination that defines Hockey Canada. Look at the New England Patriots when they went into the Superbowl with a 18-0 record. They lost. SO it doesn't matter if there are a few bumps in the road here and there, what matters is what will be around your neck at the end of the Games. Gold, Silver, Bronze, or simply a pass that says you were at the Games (or nothing at all, I don't know if they give you a pass on a lanyard, lol).

M_Christopher wrote:

Unbiased? You sound like you hate Team Canada with a passion.

Nope, Im calling it like I see it in my eyes. What is there to be excitted about or encouraged by? The Swiss could have and there could be an arguement made, should have, won that game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

For sure they can pull it out, but IMO, it will be because Crosby finds another level, nothing more, nothing less.

He's the guy that cares and you can tell. He absolutely cares more about the people around him and the country then himself. Guys like Pronger, Heatley, Thornton will be the downfall.

Canada can win gold and anyone who says otherwise is either stupid or trying to convience themselves of something that isnt true, but if they dont start to care and find the will to win and represent the country and not themselves, then they wont.

The question I would love to know the answer is, did they want to make this team to be looked at as they best of the best, or did they actually want to represent Canada. I bet you the real answers would be about 50/50.

Not sure Crosby can find another level as the 2nd line center and definitely the 2nd PP unit. Thornton, Marleau, Heatley have been line 1 for both - and while they've been good, they're not quite the bread and butter that Crosby is.

Big Ev wrote:The bottom line is, any team can win if you have a hot goalie. Hiller was hot tonight and they competed, but in the end they could not win it all because of their lack of big game offensive players.

This shootout win will be like smelling salt for most of the team. They are now going to wake up and play with the heart and determination that defines Hockey Canada. Look at the New England Patriots when they went into the Superbowl with a 18-0 record. They lost. SO it doesn't matter if there are a few bumps in the road here and there, what matters is what will be around your neck at the end of the Games. Gold, Silver, Bronze, or simply a pass that says you were at the Games (or nothing at all, I don't know if they give you a pass on a lanyard, lol).

Ill bring up 2006 again. They lost to The Swiss and nothing changed.

As for that 2nd bold, it defines a lot of other nations now too, Canada isnt special in that they care or want it more then everyone else, those days are long gone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still have full confidence in our players. The Swiss will have woken up a sleeping giant.

I agree with you on 1 part, N4L. Diddle Scott Neidermayer. Crosby is the leader of Team Canada and his play will carry the team to the end.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

Not sure Crosby can find another level as the 2nd line center and definitely the 2nd PP unit. Thornton, Marleau, Heatley have been line 1 for both - and while they've been good, they're not quite the bread and butter that Crosby is.

Yeah the lack of Crosby/Nash combo's playing time looked like an issue tonight. Those two were going hard every shift at the net. Nash almost killed Hiller infact.

I wouldn't mind seeing Morrow or Toews get a try-out on the Crosby/Nash line.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

That's on Babcock. Speaking of him, I thought he totally over coached that game. Let the friggin tallent take over and roll 4 lines. It's not like you have to shorten your bench vs The Swiss, every line is capable of being the best line on the ice. BIg mistake IMO.

Sometimes you gotta let the players, play.

Big Ev wrote:I still have full confidence in our players. The Swiss will have woken up a sleeping giant.

I agree with you on 1 part, N4L. Diddle Scott Neidermayer. Crosby is the leader of Team Canada and his play will carry the team to the end.

He SHOULD be the leader, but I question what he can do with Babcock and Hitchcock as coaches, Pronger being who he is, having an actual NHL line that is way too comfortable which all 3 have very little character.

Can Crosby over come his own team, personally, I dont think he can but he is the type of player that can shut everyone up and do what he wants.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:Yeah the lack of Crosby/Nash combo's playing time looked like an issue tonight. Those two were going hard every shift at the net. Nash almost killed Hiller infact.

If Iginla is hurt, it has be Toews or Perry on that wing. Get there, drive the net and let Crosby have the tiniest inch more to work with. But yes, why the hell can't we see 20 minutes + of Crosby and Nash, they're awesome to watch. Toews on there...well that's probably THE clutch line. Come on! Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:

Ill bring up 2006 again. They lost to The Swiss and nothing changed.

As for that 2nd bold, it defines a lot of other nations now too, Canada isnt special in that they care or want it more then everyone else, those days are long gone.

Big difference between tonight's game and 2006. We got shutout then, tonight we actually won the freakin' game. 2 points vs 0 points. A shutout loss to a mediocre team probably fully deflated their confidence. We won tonight so I don't think that will be an issue.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Yeah the lack of Crosby/Nash combo's playing time looked like an issue tonight. Those two were going hard every shift at the net. Nash almost killed Hiller infact.

If Iginla is hurt, it has be Toews or Perry on that wing. Get there, drive the net and let Crosby have the tiniest inch more to work with. But yes, why the hell can't we see 20 minutes + of Crosby and Nash, they're awesome to watch. Toews on there...well that's probably THE clutch line. Come on! Ahhhhh!

I agree 100%. Way too much Sharks for my liking.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

yeah that just screams clutch line, all 3 (Toews) are never resting, they always seem to being going 110%

Even if Iggy is okay, maybe try him on the line with the Duck boys, and roll Richards/Staal/Morrow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum