GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The 2010 Montagoose awards

+6
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
M_Christopher
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:The under 18 award The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 159628

The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

32The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:

The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

Should go to Neely. Without his courageous work this award wouldn't even exist.

33The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:

Awesome The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 226479

34The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:45 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tuk Tuk wrote:
Dash wrote:

Haha You can have the under-18, the Fluffer is mine The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 235689

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

35The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:
Dash wrote:

Haha You can have the under-18, the Fluffer is mine The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 235689

WHen you're 1/10 of the fluffmaster in posts count, you should not have hope The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 159628

36The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 555492 Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

37The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Dash wrote:My nominees for MVP goes to: Rooney (always has info on NHL cap and CBA), WPrager, and Shabbs (GDT)

M_Christopher and SpezDispenser also contribute quite a bit - Spez is always having to update the trades for the GMSHL, and Marc is running the sim and answers a million questions for me.

Fluffer: SpezDispenser Laughing3

N4L gets the "Sean Avery" award for the instigator/agitator role.

Top 3 posters (by post totals) are: 1. Spezdispenser, 2. Shabbs, 3. Wprager

Rookies: Hemlock, Tuk Tuk, Sens19, Devo, M_Christopher, DavetheRave, HockeyHero22000, caissie_1 (all joined after January 1, 2009)

I'm techinically not a rookie, since I had 2000+ posts on another account that I killed. However, I have next to no shame and I'll take the nomination anyway. The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 62136

38The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 555492 Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

39The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 555492 Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad

The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 555492

40The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:My nominees for MVP goes to: Rooney (always has info on NHL cap and CBA), WPrager, and Shabbs (GDT)

M_Christopher and SpezDispenser also contribute quite a bit - Spez is always having to update the trades for the GMSHL, and Marc is running the sim and answers a million questions for me.

Fluffer: SpezDispenser Laughing3

N4L gets the "Sean Avery" award for the instigator/agitator role.

Top 3 posters (by post totals) are: 1. Spezdispenser, 2. Shabbs, 3. Wprager

Rookies: Hemlock, Tuk Tuk, Sens19, Devo, M_Christopher, DavetheRave, HockeyHero22000, caissie_1 (all joined after January 1, 2009)

Nice to be mentioned. Smile

I need more hours in the day so I can spend more time with you guys. Hence why I'm posting at 2am... can't sleep!

41The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:25 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L for the Norris -- because, like the best defenders in the league, he patrols the threads/opinions, keeping everybody honest -- and as his 'opponents' we (can sometimes) hate him for doing it to us.

His spelling sucks, his grammar is non-existent, and his personality can be abrasive, but there is no better hockey mind on this site, period. I trust his analysis 100x more than anyone else here -- and I'm not one to throw praise around lightly, let alone give up my own voice and fall in line behind someone else.

At his best, N4L is/was the Pronger (circa 2006-08) of this site.

42The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 am

rooneypoo wrote:N4L for the Norris -- because, like the best defenders in the league, he patrols the threads/opinions, keeping everybody honest -- and as his 'opponents' we (can sometimes) hate him for doing it to us.

His spelling sucks, his grammar is non-existent, and his personality can be abrasive, but there is no better hockey mind on this site, period. I trust his analysis 100x more than anyone else here -- and I'm not one to throw praise around lightly, let alone give up my own voice and fall in line behind someone else.

I will certainly agree that he is incredibly insightful, and he's got a real knowledge of not only the game on the ice, but insight into locker room dynamics and whatnot. Now, I am not trying to take the shine off your gloss here doc, but let's call a spade a spade shall we?

This is the same guy who said that the San Jose Sharks wouldn't even be a playoff team this season after the Heatley trade went down. Point being, he isn't right 100% of the time. He's human like the rest of us. Oh and for the record, his insight into prospects doesn't even touch that of asq2's in my opinion.

Also, I'd say very few posters if any, need policing but if there is one that does, it's N4L. He's been known to step over the line on more then a few occasions (I'm not innocent here myself The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 270956 )

I am certainly not trying to take anything away from N4L, because I
recognize his contributions to the site, however I think his absense has
made your heart grow a little too fond. The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 62136

Anyhow, I did notice N4L posting in the Bruins GDT so I'll take the time to say welcome back. You've been missed (most of the time). The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 43150

43The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:44 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:N4L for the Norris -- because, like the best defenders in the league, he patrols the threads/opinions, keeping everybody honest -- and as his 'opponents' we (can sometimes) hate him for doing it to us.

I will certainly agree that he is incredibly insightful, and he's got a real knowledge of not only the game on the ice, but insight into locker room dynamics and whatnot. Now, I am not trying to take the shine off your gloss here doc, but let's call a spade a spade shall we?

This is the same guy who said that the San Jose Sharks wouldn't even be a playoff team this season after the Heatley trade went down. Point being, he isn't right 100% of the time. He's human like the rest of us. Oh and for the record, his insight into prospects doesn't even touch that of asq2's in my opinion.

Also, I'd say very few posters if any, need policing but if there is one that does, it's N4L. He's been known to step over the line on more then a few occasions (I'm not innocent here myself The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 270956 )

I am certainly not trying to take anything away from N4L, because I
recognize his contributions to the site, however I think his absense has
made your heart grow a little too fond.
The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 62136

Anyhow, I did notice N4L posting in the Bruins GDT so I'll take the time to say welcome back. You've been missed (most of the time). The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 43150

... or maybe it was reading through pages and pages of fluff that did it. Or pages of "Go Sens Go!" Or pages of "we should make the following (unrealistic, improbable, totally lopsided) trade:..." suggestions. Or pages of inane commentary by 1 or 2 posters I won't name.

Fact is, the conversation around here has been lacking its usual zest and insight for the last 2-3 months. Sorry.

44The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

- Unknown Author

45The 2010 Montagoose awards - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, Rooney, but I have to agree with Hemmy to a point. We missed the good parts of Neely, but when he's around (and healthy) there's more than equal parts of bad Neely. And as much as he knows his hockey, he is a terrible bandwagon jumper. The reason for that is that he comes out with these inane absolute statements (never won anything in his life, will never win anything with him in the lineup, etc.) Yes, much of it is related to Spezza (did Neely have a crush on Jennifer in highschool or something?) but there are other issues where he has flip-flopped his opinion. Yes, it's true, that he comes out and says things like "give him his dues" but the fact still remains that he initially comes out and says, categorically, unequivocally that this or that will never happen. He's been like that with Spezza, Shannon and a few others.

I missed the good Neely but not to the point of giving him the Norris.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum