GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The 2010 Montagoose awards

+6
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
M_Christopher
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I know we are a little late, but I got to thinking we should hold an annual GMHockey Montagoose Awards, or the "Montie's" if you wish, where we recognize our users for their contributions over the year.

We could have a Fluffer award to the person who inflated their post totals with "fluff". The Goosling award for the best member who joined within the year. We could recognize the MVP of the boards for the user who best represent the site in terms of helpfulness and quality posts; the person who was the target of the most flame, etc. We could take into consideration Reputation for many of the award as well (most +, and most -).

Yay or nay?

2The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Clearly Burrows is the fluffer of the year

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

3The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lots of options there. We should try to narrow this thing down.

I say MVP goes to the most helpful and useful poster:

Nominations for me are: shabbs and wprager

- Unknown Author

4The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I nominate the Fluffmaster Shabbinator for all those GDTs, as well as M_Christopher for the sim.

5The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:08 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Oh wow I didn't read what the award was ahahahha, i though it was a NHL based thing The 2010 Montagoose awards 62136

6The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

True enough there. I add M_Christopher as a third nominee.

- Unknown Author

7The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

My nominees for MVP goes to: Rooney (always has info on NHL cap and CBA), WPrager, and Shabbs (GDT)

M_Christopher and SpezDispenser also contribute quite a bit - Spez is always having to update the trades for the GMSHL, and Marc is running the sim and answers a million questions for me.

Fluffer: SpezDispenser Laughing3

N4L gets the "Sean Avery" award for the instigator/agitator role.

Top 3 posters (by post totals) are: 1. Spezdispenser, 2. Shabbs, 3. Wprager

Rookies: Hemlock, Tuk Tuk, Sens19, Devo, M_Christopher, DavetheRave, HockeyHero22000, caissie_1 (all joined after January 1, 2009)

8The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Fluffer: SpezDispenser Laughing3

The 2010 Montagoose awards 805406

9The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OK then I put M_Christopher as Montagosling nominee along with Devo.

- Unknown Author

10The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally like prager and shabbs as MVP nominees because they seem to be able to provide valuable info without rubbing people the wrong way.

- Unknown Author

11The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Not sure all the awards but here's my picks:

MVP: WPrager, the gameday's are always awesome.

Fluffer: Because I can't vote for myself, I think Spezd because of the pure number of trades in the Sim league

No question Neely (if he is still lurking) should get the "Sean Avery" award.

We need a list of potential awards The 2010 Montagoose awards 270956

12The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's my list of award names for your consideration:

MVP

Montagosling (Joined since Jan 09)

The Sean Avery

- Unknown Author

13The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

No way Hemlock is a rooky, he's quite the fluffer considering it's his 2nd account The 2010 Montagoose awards 270956

14The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

We can settle on GMH related names for the awards later, but in the meantime we can consider:

- Fluffer (post totals)
- MVP (most helpful/contributing member)
- "Sean Avery" (the instigator/agitator)
- The Defender/Enforcer (the guy that will stick up for the little guy, perhaps for a MOD?)
- The Goalie (the guy that takes all the attack and still brings it everyday).
- The Coach (the guy that brings everyone together)
- The GM (the guy who knows all the business stuff)
- The Captain (the heart and soul)
- The Veteran (the guy that has been here since the beginning and is still ticking)

15The 2010 Montagoose awards Empty Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My heart and soul votes gotta go to my partners in crime - Cronie and SpezD. I know that seems corny but there it is.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum