GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009-2010 GMH NHL awards

+3
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

12009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I remember we did this last year, where we voted on who we thought was the NHL's Calder, Vezina, Norris, Jack Adam's and Hart nominee's based on their performance. We are past the half-way mark of the season, nearing the Olympic break, so let's hear your nominees thus far.

Choose 1-3 players for each category. At some point, we can gather up the top voted players and put them in a poll, where we will vote for a winner.

Calder (Rookie)

Vezina (Goalie)

Norris (Defenceman)

Jack Adam's (coach)

Hart (MVP)

Masterton (perseverance/overcoming injury)

22009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Awesome! I love these things. I'll have to wait until I get to work, but I'm doing this for sure! Ahhhhh!

32009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Calder (Rookie)
Tyler Myers - logging a tonne of minutes in Buffalo, in every aspect, 22 assists for 29 points
Matt Duchene - leading in rookie scoring (points), playing the PP and PK.
John Tavares - leading all rookies so far in goals.

Vezina (Goalie)
Ryan Miller - 27 wins, 2.06 GAA, .934 SV%, 5 SO... on Buffalo... c'mon
Martin Brodeur - 31 wins, 2.17 GAA, .922 SV%, 7 SO... 'nuff said
Craig anderson - playing very well for a Cinderella team, leading Colorado near the top of their division, in his first full season as a #1 guy.

Norris (Defenceman)
Duncan Keith - a scoring machine, named to Team Canada, does it all
Drew Doughty - very poised for a 19-20 year old, logging plenty of minutes in LA in all aspects of the game.

Jack Adam's (coach)
Cory Clouston
Joe Sacco

Hart (MVP)
Daniel Alfredsson - what can I say, he is definitely missed when he is out of the line-up, and he comes back and scores a natural hattrick.
Henrik Sedin
Martin Brodeur

Daniel Alfredsson - someone here mentioned him, so I will as well - he has overcome many injuries, and has done so well ahead of schedule. He has super-healing powers.

Last edited by Dash on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

42009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Calder (Rookie)
I gotta go with JVR - He's got 4 less points than Duchene but he's done it in fewer games and with a Plus 6 vs. a minus 7 for Matt who's on a better team right now.

Vezina (Goalie)
Craig Anderson - Without him the Avs would be struggling.

Norris (Defenceman)
I gotta go with Duncan Keith. Slight edge to Green of Offense but I think Keith is better in his own end.

Jack Adam's (coach)
Joe Sako (sp) He's worked miracles with the young kids in Colorado

Hart (MVP)
Craig Anderson again - Like I said the Avs are nowhere without this guy.

[/quote] Alfredsson - He's out 3 weeks for an injury that should have kept him out as much as 6 weeks!!! Then comes back with 4 goals in 2 games? Hands down Alfie here.

- Unknown Author

52009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Calder (Rookie)
- Tyler Myers. No competition.

Vezina (Goalie)
- Craig Anderson / Ryan Miller

Norris (Defenceman)
- Duncan Keith. No competition also. Doughty maybe, but Keith logs more minutes and has more points.

Jack Adam's (coach)
- Cory CLouston / Joe Sacco / Lindy Ruff

Hart (MVP)
- Alfredsson / Henrik Sedin / Craig Anderson

- Alfredsson. Not a lot of competition either.

Last edited by marakh on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

62009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Three choices for Calder are:

1. Tyler Myers - runaway winner as far as I'm concerned
2. John Tavares - has been fantastic in Long Island this year playing with pretty much no talent
3. Jonas Gustavsson - the big Swede has been pretty good this year on one of the worst Leaf teams in history

Vezina

1. Ryan Miller - the race is tightening up, but Miller has been the front runner since the first day of the season
2. Evgeni Nabokov - has been lights out this year and a star-studded San Jose team
3. Martin Brodeur - is still tearing up the NHL between the pipes. Is leading the league in wins and shutouts on a team that many predicted would fall from the top

Norris

1. Duncan Keith - having a monster year. Is leading the best defense in the NHL and is right at the top of the defensemen scoring race. As of today, the race is his to lose
2. Mike Green - 50 points in 49 games is ridiculous for a defenseman these days. With his improved defensive awareness, is going to make this year's Norris trophy debate the closest one ever
3. Dan Boyle - rounds out the changing of the guard of the perennial Norris candidates. With Lidstrom, Chara, Niedermayer and Gonchar having subpar seasons this year and Boyle's Sharks tops in the NHL, it's hard to overlook the Ottawa-area native for this year's debate

Jack Adams'

1. Joe Sacco (COL) - has brought the Mile High team back to the top of the standings where they sat during the early 2000s. To say that the Avalanche are the biggest surprise this year is an understatement considering how many believed this team would finish dead last in the NHL
2. Jacques Lemaire (NJD) - does anything even need to be said? They are the best defensive team in hockey and own the second best road record in the league.
3. Todd McLellan (SJS) - they are the best team in hockey right now, hands down. Could easily see his team reach the 120 point mark this year, the first since the 2005-06 Detroit Red Wings.

Hart

1. Ryan Miller - without this guy in nets, who knows where the Buffalo Sabres would be. Could be the most legendary season a Buffalo goaltender has had since the Dominator in the back-to-back MVP seasons of 97 and 98
2. Alex Ovechkin - has an obscene 70 points in 43 games this year. He is the Washington Capitals. Is at the top of the league in nearly every offensive statistical category this year
3. Martin Brodeur - gets automatic inclusion because without him, the New Jersey Devils are most likely a lottery team. Plain and simple

Masterson

No idea. Teams usually nominate one player per club, so will be interesting to see who the NHL teams select for consideration.

72009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Calder (Rookie)
Matt Duchene (COL)
Tyler Myers (BUF)
John Tavares (NYI)

My pick would be Tyler Myers.

Vezina (Goalie)
Craig Anderson (COL)
Ryan Miller (BUF)
Martin Brodeur (NJ)

All great candidates, it's very difficult to pick a clear winner here. Probably Brodeur though, if not simply based on some of the records he's broken this year.

Norris (Defenceman)
Duncan Keith (CHI)
Mike Green (WAS)
Drew Doughty (LAK)

IMO Duncan Keith deserves it this year

Jack Adam's (coach)
Cory Clouston (OTT)
Dave Tippett (PHX)
Scott Gordon (NYI)

I think Clouston definitely deserves a sniff. This is the type of award that you need to analyze at the end of the year IMO. I look at teams that have been most improved over the year. Honorable mention to Pete DeBoer in FLA and potentially Peter Laviolette if he turns the Flyers around.

Hart (MVP)
Alex Ovechkin (WAS)
Ryan Miller (BUF)
Joe Thornton (SJ)

Hard to say here. Probably OV or Miller though.

Patrice Bergeron (BOS)

82009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

OUps, I forgot Ryan Miller.

92009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:OUps, I forgot Ryan Miller.

I can't stay quiet any longer. That is a hideous picture of Alfie. Can you find a better one? Seriously he looks terrible there.

- Unknown Author

102009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Calder (Rookie)
Tyler Myers
Matt Duchene
John Tavares

Vezina (Goalie)
Craig Anderson
Ryan Miller
Martin Brodeur

Norris (Defenceman)
Duncan Keith
Mike Green
Drew Doughty

Jack Adam's (coach)
Cory Clouston
Joe Sacco
Dave Tippett
Scott Gordon
(yikes, this is a hard one)

Hart (MVP)
Ryan Miller
Craig Anderson
Patrick Marleau

Matt Carkner
Patrice Bergeron
Tim Connelly

112009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nice picks Spez. Bergeron is a good choice for Masterton, same with Connelly. Marleau for Hart is also a good choice, considering the year he is having, and he was stripped of the C.

122009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Nice picks Spez. Bergeron is a good choice for Masterton, same with Connelly. Marleau for Hart is also a good choice, considering the year he is having, and he was stripped of the C.

Yeah, I think that's an awesome story. The guy gets stripped of his C, doesn't say a word, goes out and scores 35 goals by the 50 game mark (to outscore linemate Dany Heatley and the entire rest of the league). I've always really like Marleau and I think he'll win this award if he continues on even a close pace for the rest of the year.

Then it'll be down to Miller or Anderson to battle it out for the Vezina.

132009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I can't stay quiet any longer. That is a hideous picture of Alfie. Can you find a better one? Seriously he looks terrible there.

Alife looks awful, and Karlsson looks like a he has trisomy. That's the beauty of it 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards 270956

142009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Alife looks awful, and Karlsson looks like a he has trisomy. That's the beauty of it 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards 270956

I still say I don't like it. Razz

- Unknown Author

152009-2010 GMH NHL awards Empty Re: 2009-2010 GMH NHL awards Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

2009-2010 GMH NHL awards 821277

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum