GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010

+20
Hobiesens
Jordo
PKC
garblar
Hayden
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SDH89
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
PTFlea
wprager
caissie_1
LeCaptain
dennycrane
asq2
rooneypoo
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 29]

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Really at 1 on a Monday... That's weird...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

caissie_1 wrote:Really at 1 on a Monday... That's weird...
US Holiday. MLK.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kuba will be a game-time decision tomorrow:

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/7872637196

Spezza skated with the team today for the first time since the injury.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
US Holiday. MLK.

Ahhhhh!!!! Make's sense to me now...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston presser from today:

http://bit.ly/8kgtjH

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Spezza skated with the team... How far is he from returning? 1-2 weeks or more?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shabbs, how long have you had Michalek missing "Saturday's game vs the Panthers"? I changed it for the Habs GDT but you must have copy/pasted from last week's GDT again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Shabbs, how long have you had Michalek missing "Saturday's game vs the Panthers"? I changed it for the Habs GDT but you must have copy/pasted from last week's GDT again.
Yeah, copy/paste error. Fixed now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gohan wrote:why is this on at 1? Is it a holiday state-side?

Martin Luther King day.

Facepalm

The things I'll do to up my post count.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
US Holiday. MLK.

Harvey MLK?

Really, I'm just pathetic. :oops:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Kuba will be a game-time decision tomorrow:

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/7872637196

Spezza skated with the team today for the first time since the injury.

Spezza close to comeback
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/01/17/12502611.html

It's short, so I'll post the entire article; it also briefly mentions Michalek:

BOSTON - Senators centre Jason Spezza took a big step along the road to his recovery from an injury Sunday.

Now it’s just a matter of seeing how his knee reacts to it.

Spezza, who has missed the last 17 games with torn ligaments, had an on-ice workout with assistant coaches Brad Lauer and Greg Carvel at Boston University. It went so well that he stayed on the ice and practiced with the team.

“Really good, a good positive day,” Spezza said afterwards. “I skated pretty hard before, and felt like I wanted to get on with the guys, just to feel where the timing was. It’s an encouraging day.”

Spezza, who was supposed to be out until February, would not speculate on a return date. But barring any setbacks, it’s sure to be before the end of the month.

Also making progress from injury is LW Milan Michalek (concussion), who coach Cory Clouston said was “close” to returning. D Filip Kuba (hand) practiced yesterday and could play Monday in Boston.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Word is that Michalek has been on the bike and is looking good.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If J Spez just rides the flow of Clouston's system, like he did at the beginning of the year, we are good for 5th/6th. IF not, we are going to battle for 8th until the last day.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...that would be such good news. Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I know they always say how when a player is concussed he can't even ride a stationary bike to stay in shape. But Michalek riding a bike is still not an indication of his imminent return.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I know they always say how when a player is concussed he can't even ride a stationary bike to stay in shape. But Michalek riding a bike is still not an indication of his imminent return.
No one said imminent... but he's on the right track and it's a good sign he's on the bike.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:I know they always say how when a player is concussed he can't even ride a stationary bike to stay in shape. But Michalek riding a bike is still not an indication of his imminent return.
No one said imminent... but he's on the right track and it's a good sign he's on the bike.

On track for what? Originally Clouston said he'd miss both of the weekend games (last weekend) and since then I'd heard nothing else.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My guess is he got his bell rung pretty solidly. So, it's recovery from a serious concussion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum