GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/15/12168316.html

'Has put himself into consideration' to make Team Canada, assistant Ruff says

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Best news I've heard all day!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Guest


Guest
Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Fisher = Gold.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

sidstu


Rookie
Rookie
i like fisher--he is my type of player but you can't put him in front of richards and carter--thats crazy

fisher can play on my habs anytime but carter and richards---please

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Fisher may not be a scoring machine but he brings so much more. Canad has enough scoring up front and Fisher is becoming an elite penalty killer.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
sidstu wrote:i like fisher--he is my type of player but you can't put him in front of richards and carter--thats crazy

fisher can play on my habs anytime but carter and richards---please

That's not what is being said here at all. What's being said is Carter and Richards both have been playing poorly and may have played poorly enough to allow Fisher a shot at a spot on the Olympic team roster.

Long term of course most people would take Richards or Carter on their NHL team over Fisher but for a 2 week Olympic tournament where Fisher has, to this point, out played those two, it's definitely feasible to see Fisher take one of those guys roster spots for the Olympics.

To think otherwise is crazy.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

Agreed. I was looking at the invitees at the C position and he can certainly bring more than a few of those guys. And like Sweaterman says: "He has played wing, let's not forget that!"

Good for him. Would be nice to have Senators representation on that team for sure.

sidstu


Rookie
Rookie
i don't care if richards/carter are not playing that well right now--the whole team is not playing well--put them on a team with other superstars and these 2 guys will score goals at will

to think otherwise is crazy

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

Agreed. I was looking at the invitees at the C position and he can certainly bring more than a few of those guys. And like Sweaterman says: "He has played wing, let's not forget that!"

Good for him. Would be nice to have Senators representation on that team for sure.

It would be quite impressive if he made the team as a Center but if he makes it as a Winger I sure won't be cryin' about it.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

sidstu


Rookie
Rookie
he is not playing on team canada--this is funny

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

Agreed. I was looking at the invitees at the C position and he can certainly bring more than a few of those guys. And like Sweaterman says: "He has played wing, let's not forget that!"

Good for him. Would be nice to have Senators representation on that team for sure.

It would be quite impressive if he made the team as a Center but if he makes it as a Winger I sure won't be cryin' about it.

There's no breakdown of who's wing and who's Center that I could find. The wings may have a better opportunity for Mike. I just find Sweaterman's campaign to nominate Fisher for Team Canada amusing. He's like a little girl.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Well there is a facebook group if you're interested in joining?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well there is a facebook group if you're interested in joining?
I loathe facebook. But thanks. Smile

mickbud


Prospect
Prospect
sidstu wrote:i don't care if richards/carter are not playing that well right now--the whole team is not playing well--put them on a team with other superstars and these 2 guys will score goals at will

to think otherwise is crazy

Steve Yzerman does...

to think otherwise is crazy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum