GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada

+8
Riprock
PTFlea
mickbud
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sidstu
wprager
LeCaptain
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/15/12168316.html

'Has put himself into consideration' to make Team Canada, assistant Ruff says

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Best news I've heard all day!

Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fisher = Gold.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i like fisher--he is my type of player but you can't put him in front of richards and carter--thats crazy

fisher can play on my habs anytime but carter and richards---please

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fisher may not be a scoring machine but he brings so much more. Canad has enough scoring up front and Fisher is becoming an elite penalty killer.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:i like fisher--he is my type of player but you can't put him in front of richards and carter--thats crazy

fisher can play on my habs anytime but carter and richards---please

That's not what is being said here at all. What's being said is Carter and Richards both have been playing poorly and may have played poorly enough to allow Fisher a shot at a spot on the Olympic team roster.

Long term of course most people would take Richards or Carter on their NHL team over Fisher but for a 2 week Olympic tournament where Fisher has, to this point, out played those two, it's definitely feasible to see Fisher take one of those guys roster spots for the Olympics.

To think otherwise is crazy.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

Agreed. I was looking at the invitees at the C position and he can certainly bring more than a few of those guys. And like Sweaterman says: "He has played wing, let's not forget that!"

Good for him. Would be nice to have Senators representation on that team for sure.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i don't care if richards/carter are not playing that well right now--the whole team is not playing well--put them on a team with other superstars and these 2 guys will score goals at will

to think otherwise is crazy

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:Not surprising. I think he makes it considering Richards as almost played himself off the team and FOR SURE Carter has.

Agreed. I was looking at the invitees at the C position and he can certainly bring more than a few of those guys. And like Sweaterman says: "He has played wing, let's not forget that!"

Good for him. Would be nice to have Senators representation on that team for sure.

It would be quite impressive if he made the team as a Center but if he makes it as a Winger I sure won't be cryin' about it.

- Unknown Author

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

he is not playing on team canada--this is funny

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It would be quite impressive if he made the team as a Center but if he makes it as a Winger I sure won't be cryin' about it.

There's no breakdown of who's wing and who's Center that I could find. The wings may have a better opportunity for Mike. I just find Sweaterman's campaign to nominate Fisher for Team Canada amusing. He's like a little girl.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well there is a facebook group if you're interested in joining?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well there is a facebook group if you're interested in joining?
I loathe facebook. But thanks. Smile

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

sidstu wrote:i don't care if richards/carter are not playing that well right now--the whole team is not playing well--put them on a team with other superstars and these 2 guys will score goals at will

Steve Yzerman does...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum