GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada

+8
Riprock
PTFlea
mickbud
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sidstu
wprager
LeCaptain
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

SeawaySensFan wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Richards is twice the player fisher is in every facet of the game. Leadership, PK, PP, don't get me wrong, fisher is good at all those, but Richards is great. Grit, the list goes on and on. I know Carter won't make the team, but I also know Fisher won't either.

Does Richards play wing? That's the key here.
Come on Seaway, I know you can't be serious. Richards or Fisher? I will risk any money you want on that little question.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:spezdispenser--what about lecavilier--just curious

I don't think he's gonna make it to be honest. He's been a lot better, but how many centers can this team have? If he makes it, he's on line 3 and everyone will have to hope he's fully healed and prepped for the Olympics. I CERTAINLY wouldn't put him on a line 4 though. I'd put Fisher above him for that.

Taxi squad sounds about right - unless people watching TB games can vouch that he's back to 100%.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i cannot support putting fisher ahead of lecavilier unless there is an injury--no way--i think that's crazy but that's only my opinion

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

cloverleaf wrote:-9 reputation means you speak without blinders on and upset the clique I think.

Nop, it means:

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 613QVDE8SSL._SL500_AA280_

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

sidstu wrote:i cannot support putting fisher ahead of lecavilier unless there is an injury--no way--i think that's crazy but that's only my opinion

Again...it's not because Fisher is a better skill player...it's because he's a role player that can play on the fourth line...Lecavalier is of no use to team Canada on the fourth line

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cloverleaf wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Richards is twice the player fisher is in every facet of the game. Leadership, PK, PP, don't get me wrong, fisher is good at all those, but Richards is great. Grit, the list goes on and on. I know Carter won't make the team, but I also know Fisher won't either.

Does Richards play wing? That's the key here.
Come on Seaway, I know you can't be serious. Richards or Fisher? I will risk any money you want on that little question.

Seriously, it depends on the makeup of the team. I would make 3 lines of scoring stars and only leave one line of more grinding, physical players. Hockey Canada seems to love the "hard hat and lunchpail" formula, though. I'm thinking Fisher makes it. Do I agree? Depends at who's expense he gets on the team.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

marakh--your comment reflects you age so don't waste my time

sidstu wrote:i don't care if richards/carter are not playing that well right now--the whole team is not playing well--put them on a team with other superstars and these 2 guys will score goals at will

to think otherwise is crazy

I won't rep you for this (mainly because of the last line) but I agree to some extent: Those two may not merit being on that team based on their play, but put them with a lineup of superstars and they would surely make their presence known. Richards hasn't been that bad this year, anyways...he brings so much to the table.

Carter is done, though. Not making it unless there's a reash of injuries and he steps up huge in the next 2 months.

sidstu wrote:marakh--your comment reflects you age so don't waste my time

.......annnnnnnnnnd another negative rep point. Well done sid.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:-9 reputation means you speak without blinders on and upset the clique I think.

Nop, it means:

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 613QVDE8SSL._SL500_AA280_

Who wins a three-legged race? The Olsen Twins or the Edison Twins?

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 Cast

Thats just stusid (see what I did there Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 649241 )

Try not overstating the facts...how about that?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The kind of team I want looks like this:

Iginla - Crosby - Nash
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley
Doan - Getzlaf - St-Louis (underrated)
Fisher - Toews - Richards
Smyth

Weber - Niedermayer
Jbo - Keith
Boyle - Doughty
Jovanovski

Brodeur
Fleury
Luongo

Nevermind wings and centers, as long as the center can win key face-offs. Half of the forwards' can PK effectively as well, and all the defensemen are reliable defensively (Green could kill the team against the russians)

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If I waste your time don't answer^^.

The clique speaks with respect and receives it, likewise... try taking those blinders off, you arrog Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 904271 nvm Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 822944

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That was a joke btw, I just like putting pics here and there Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 Icon_wink
No intent to offend there.

sidstu wrote:it means if you say things that don't support ottawa players you get a low ranking

where i come from thats called pretty boy thinking--if you don't play right you can't play with us--what a joke

You and this random "pretty boy" talk Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 270956 you must be one ugly mofo Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 62136

It's funny that you talk about not supporting ottawa players because many of the members here (myself included) are some of the most critical people you can find when it comes to our own players...

Follow this guys lead:
Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 693150-colonmustard_large

marakh wrote:The kind of team I want looks like this:

Iginla - Crosby - Nash
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley
Doan - Getzlaf - St-Louis (underrated)
Fisher - Toews - Richards
Smyth

Weber - Niedermayer
Jbo - Keith
Boyle - Doughty
Jovanovski

Brodeur
Fleury
Luongo

Nevermind wings and centers, as long as the center can win key face-offs. Half of the forwards' can PK effectively as well, and all the defensemen are reliable defensively (Green could kill the team against the russians)

SO underrated! He'll be there, probably right in that position.

Toews at 4th line center, huh? No Morrow? Richards on the wing? Interesting...Isn't Smyth out until the end of January?

Defense looks right, but no Phillips anywhere in site??? Blasphemy!! Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 3 159628

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

TO come back on topic, I think it comes back to what the Flyers do in the next few weeks. Pronger and Carter have probably played their way off the team. Richards is still a captain that scores shorthanded goals. Jordan Staal is another option as well. What is Brendan MOrrow up to these days? Haven't seen the Stars play once this year...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum