GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ovechkin knee-on-knee hit and Ballard's stick swinging on Vokoun

+8
SensGirl11
Sens19
asq2
Hoags
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens19 wrote:When will we know if OV is suspended/badly injured??
Caps don't play until Thursday so sometime before then... I'd suspect late tomorrow.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll probably be listed as day to day until they can't hide it anymore, assuming he's badly hurt of course.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The Name Dropper claims that Florida might go as far as trading Ballard after that incident.

Here! I want Ballard here! Ovechkin knee-on-knee hit and Ballard's stick swinging on Vokoun - Page 2 805406

Would they seriously trade him because of that? That would be ridiculously stupid, IMO. It sucks, he didn't mean to do it, it was done, move on.

Now as far as what Ovie did, that was just plain old dirty. His suspension should start as soon as he's healthy to play, not before that.

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The Name Dropper claims that Florida might go as far as trading Ballard after that incident.

Here! I want Ballard here! Ovechkin knee-on-knee hit and Ballard's stick swinging on Vokoun - Page 2 805406

Psychologically, what do you think would happen to the guy if he were traded because of this?

Not much, it was a mistake and this, IMO, will probably help him become a better player by lerning the ability of controlling your emotions. It's not like he hit someone in the face with his stick or cut someone with their skate.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just got a text from TSN...

Ovechkin suspended 2 games for his knee-on-knee hit.

Wow. They did it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

GOOD! It's about freaking time he pays for doing something so stupid.

They need to make an example of him for sure.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Do you know if he's good to play? I'm thinking more and more that he faked his injury.

I guess we'll find out soon...

Almost 250 000 in salary lost there, haha, that's a lot of cash!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Just got a text from TSN...

Wow. They did it.

Facepalm Should have been 5. Even my cat was meowing 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow. They did it.

Thing is, he probably would have missed 2 games (if not more) being injured. They should have waited to see if he played the next two games before making their decision.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Doesn't matter, as long as he gets the message.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Wow. They did it.

Thing is, he probably would have missed 2 games (if not more) being injured. They should have waited to see if he played the next two games before making their decision.
They usually have to issue a decision before the next game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Could have been an even stronger message.

Ovechkin is my favorite player in the league, but he's been running around a lot. He seems to not have learned anything from taking out Gonchar (should have been suspended then, IMO).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think if you give him 5 games the downgrade on the physical play would be too much

That was an atrosity. 5 games should have been the minimum...w/e, that rep is going to bite him big time. Take 5 years off his career if he keeps doing Dung like that...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is it two games effective now, or when he is cleared to play?

Ovechkin knee-on-knee hit and Ballard's stick swinging on Vokoun - Page 2 270956 yeah could you imagine if they suspend him for games he can't even play in? They might...he just forks over the dough...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If he doesn't end his own career, someone will do it for him if he keeps up this play. What would people be talking about more - the guy that ended the career of Ovechkin, or the guy whose career was ended by Ovechkin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum