GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fisher's surgery on knee successful

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fisher's surgery on knee successful Empty Fisher's surgery on knee successful Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On the Team 1200 just now I caught York talking to Fisher. Fisher was saying that the surgery on his knee was very invasive and took a lot longer than he thought to be fully healed...

But that's apparently the good news - it's 100% fully healed. Enough for Fisher to get back out there and get into a charity tourney with Chris Neil.

He's been working out like a demon and is in top physical form (this one took some prodding by York).

Said he's way happier to be playing with Ruutu than against him. :D

That's all I caught, but the knee surgery thing was the most important for me.

2Fisher's surgery on knee successful Empty Re: Fisher's surgery on knee successful Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Maybe the only reason to be happy that we had so much off time this spring/summer with the early playoff exit.

3Fisher's surgery on knee successful Empty Re: Fisher's surgery on knee successful Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:Maybe the only reason to be happy that we had so much off time this spring/summer with the early playoff exit.

I agree...this time. Smile

What about his sports hernia? I thought he had issues with that too. I hope he's coming in 100% like he claims. He can be an amazing force when healthy.

4Fisher's surgery on knee successful Empty Re: Fisher's surgery on knee successful Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:56 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

I caught the same interview as well. There weren't too many hockey related questions except his health and knee. He talked about his hockey camp earlier this summer. He managed to raise a lot of money for Roger's house so that's great news. Him and Neil are playing street hockey with some 100 kids this weekend for chairity. Yorky also made a funny comment about how Chris Neil never goes easy on little kids at these kind of events and at hockey camps.

5Fisher's surgery on knee successful Empty Re: Fisher's surgery on knee successful Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This worries me a little. I really hope his knee is good to go otherwise he could have another below average season.

- Unknown Author

6Fisher's surgery on knee successful Empty Re: Fisher's surgery on knee successful Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:57 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
beerandsens wrote:Maybe the only reason to be happy that we had so much off time this spring/summer with the early playoff exit.

I agree...this time. Smile

What about his sports hernia? I thought he had issues with that too. I hope he's coming in 100% like he claims. He can be an amazing force when healthy.

Oh yeah! I want to see Fisher coming out strong and PISSED OFF!! LOL

But seriously, I'd be surprised if he won't line up Mark Bell, for instance...

As long as his knee holds up and that sports hernia is a thing of the past, I for one am SUPER excited to see him suit up and hit the ice!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum