GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions for a former NHL GM?

+5
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:I want to know if Bettman wears a cape to the BOG meetings.

Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Sesame_street_count_dracula

Laughing3

Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Countbettman

17Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Ah me guesses it is Doug MacLean...

18Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We've been discussing the Chicago situation to death here.

If you have a chance, would you ask him what HE would do if he was the GM of the Hawks? Which players he would trade, waive, etc?

That would be neat to see what an actual (former) GM would say.

19Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:28 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Ah me guesses it is Doug MacLean...

First thing that came to my mind also...

Here's a question I'm interested in:

- Is it true that Bryan Murray is hard to deal with when it comes to trades?

THanx in advance Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 85287

20Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just ask Doug MacLean about attendance and you'll set him off... heh heh.

21Questions for a former NHL GM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've got one. Why didn't Burke go after Kessel via offer sheet. I believe they could have signed him (for 1 year, with a wink-wink promise of a nice extension) on a contract the Bruins could not match (without moving other impact players) and would have cost them less than two 1st picks. The Bruins clearly did not want to keep Kessel at all costs, otherwise they would have been more pro-active about resigning him.

Burke's stance on Penner was not against offer sheets (which are in the CBA, after all) but about salary escalation -- he thought Penner got more than he deserved. So I doubt that Burke had any personal issues with an offer sheet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum