GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another incident raises questions about KHL medical protocols

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/28023-Another-serious-injury-raises-more-questions-about-medical-protocol-in-Kontinental-League.html

Paul Kariya's younger brother, Martin, was hit from behind and knocked unconscious. While the teams' medical personnel were on the ice in seconds, the ambulance drivers were enjoying the game and had to be paged over the PA. They weren't exactly johhny-on-the-spot. Oh, and they did not have a spinal board -- Kariya was carted off in what amounted to a hammock with straps.

Another incident raises questions about KHL medical protocols Ebe7_11

Spartak coach Milosh Rziga was quoted as saying. “Both our doctors and
their doctors were on the ice as well as emergency medical personnel
who weren’t summoned at first. What, are they supposed to jump across
the boards?
They could only get on the ice where the Zamboni comes on.
I think that in this situation, everything was fine.”

Umm, not, the ambulance should, if possible, be parked right next to the Zamboni or right outside the arena, next to the closest exist accessible from ice-level, and the drivers should be at the ambulance or at ice level, near that exit. They should not be sitting in the stands.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In the Cherepanov incident the ambulance drivers left the game a little early and had to be called back. Maybe giving them tickets/seats was to entice them to stay until the end?

Another incident raises questions about KHL medical protocols 812636

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum