GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleury questions Substance Abuse program of NHL

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Theoren Fleury's autobiography wastes little time calling the NHL and NHLPA's substance abuse program into question.
In Playing with Fire, Fleury alleges he failed multiple drug tests in 2001 while starring with the New York Rangers, yet the league and program doctors allowed him to continue playing:
"I had thirteen dirty tests in a row, but I was leading the NHL in scoring. So what were they going to do? I was putting Gatorade in tests. And although he didn't know it, my baby Beaux was peeing for me too. The NHL doctors kept warning me, ‘Another dirty test and we're taking you out.' So what did I do? C'mon, I've never followed a rule in my life."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294790

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

There's probably a few players in the league right now saying, "Don't you ruin this for me you son of Wing Dang Doodle! Shut your pie hole!"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The NHL's response seems to suggest that he is "mis-remembering" how things happened back then.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Amnesia021 wrote:There's probably a few players in the league right now saying, "Don't you ruin this for me you son of Wing Dang Doodle! Shut your pie hole!"

that very well could be true, I figured the NHL was the sport that was free of the performance enhancers, but well, if Fleury was doing it, there were others I guarantee, and that means other than Berard, they already got him, but I believe it was an International drug test that nailed him, not NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum