GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions for a former NHL GM?

+5
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:41 am

Rookie
Rookie

Hey folks... I share a small morning coffee place with a former NHL GM (who shall remain nameless) downtown in Toronto, and we always shoot the Dung about hockey (and the Sens in particular... i usually see him about twice a week.

So I figured "why not share this with everyone else?"

Use this thread to leave questions you would like answered by said former GM, and I will ask him a few every time i see him.

~MFP3

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

2Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice. Hmmmm... what the heck do I want to ask?

What really went down with the Heatley debacle if he knows?

What are his thoughts on Karlsson, Weircioch and Cowen if any?

- Unknown Author

3Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:49 am

Rookie
Rookie

Duly noted - i can answer the second one for you without a problem, as I just finished talking with him about this last week.

A lot of people are talking about the defensive prospects in the Nashville and St. Louis systems, but Ottawa is often over looked because they don;t have the solid all around depth that many other teams do.

I've seen it said and I agree myself, that Wiercioch is the best OD in the system, and he agrees, especially considering Denver plays in one of the more defensively sound divisions.

Cowen if he can stay healthy will be a stud in the Phaneuf mold.

Karlsson will take a couple years until he gets used to the NA game - then look out. In five years it could be the best D-corps in the league.

4Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I want to know if Bettman wears a cape to the BOG meetings.

Questions for a former NHL GM? Sesame_street_count_dracula

Laughing3

5Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi-five on that find Shabbs
Questions for a former NHL GM? 952886

6Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Hey folks... I share a small morning coffee place with a former NHL GM (who shall remain nameless) downtown in Toronto, and we always shoot the Dung about hockey (and the Sens in particular... i usually see him about twice a week.

So I figured "why not share this with everyone else?"

Use this thread to leave questions you would like answered by said former GM, and I will ask him a few every time i see him.

~MFP3

Give Stellick our best.

7Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Rookie
Rookie

Not Stellick actually. Someone far more interesting (who is still sizably involved)

8Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Not Stellick actually. Someone far more interesting (who is still sizably involved)

The Confederation Baby, Cliff Fletcher>? Sweet!

Ask him what kind of guy Wilfrid Laurier was.

9Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Not Stellick actually. Someone far more interesting (who is still sizably involved)
The Silver Fox!

Ask him how Peddie's hand felt up his backside when he was controlling him during that oh-so famous presser...

Wink

10Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No point in guessing, cause right or wrong he's likely not going to confirm nor deny... but my guess would be JFJ, since I've seen him around the TO area (Vaughn Mills to be exact).

11Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:No point in guessing, cause right or wrong he's likely not going to confirm nor deny... but my guess would be JFJ, since I've seen him around the TO area (Vaughn Mills to be exact).
If it's JFJ... ask him what it feels like to look like Odo from DS9.

Questions for a former NHL GM? Odo

I imagine he gets that question all the time...

12Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:No point in guessing, cause right or wrong he's likely not going to confirm nor deny... but my guess would be JFJ, since I've seen him around the TO area (Vaughn Mills to be exact).

you are right in that I wouldn't tell, but frankly, I wouldn't ask JFJ anything hockey related.

@Dash - you in particular may have more appreciation for him than others...

13Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:I want to know if Bettman wears a cape to the BOG meetings.

Questions for a former NHL GM? Sesame_street_count_dracula

Laughing3

Questions for a former NHL GM? Countbettman

14Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Ah me guesses it is Doug MacLean...

15Questions for a former NHL GM? Empty Re: Questions for a former NHL GM? Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We've been discussing the Chicago situation to death here.

If you have a chance, would you ask him what HE would do if he was the GM of the Hawks? Which players he would trade, waive, etc?

That would be neat to see what an actual (former) GM would say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum