GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen"

+6
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
wprager
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Poor Fisher. With his religous background he'll be devistated, if they get married, when they eventually divorce, as most hollywood marriages end up.

I wonder if Fisher doesn't tie the knot with her for that very reason?

I don't think he would risk being happy for the rest of his life for fear of divorcing. That's not the way to think of it when you think of getting married.

I have confidence that these two would be great together for many many years. They have a lot in common and enough different tastes to keep it interesting. And they're both hot too, which helps. (I don't know if that's relevant, but it's true)

I agree with you but, marrying into Hollywood is marrying into a high risk group for divorce. Even the ones that last more than 10 years still find a way to screw it up.

You'd have to think it's in the back of his mind. Kinda like this is a nice ride but there's no real future in it kinda thoughts? Who knows? Maybe it started that way and is starting to change now?

Maybe. I think it's different though with Hockey Players going out with Hollywood stars. It's a different set of circumstances, IMO. Hockey players can't go out to clubs all the time like hollywood stars can. Carrie isn't a Hollywood star necessarily, she isn't in movies meeting hot actors all the time, she's mostly touring, and when she's not touring she's here to spend time with Mike. Same goes for him. And the fact that they are both devout Christians is serious and I don't see them as the type to go out clubbing without their significant other, or even at all. I think they're good.

Hollywood stars that film a movie every 3 months is a very different story though, they meet so many different stars and there are very intimate moments between them. The only time Carrie would get intimate with another man that isn't Mike would be for a video.

The fact that they are devout Christians means nothing when talking about divorce. Several Christians groups have a higher divorce rate than athiests, and other religious denominations. Evangelical Christians are least likely to divorce though of all, based on faith.

The Barna Research Group has done extensive research into this breaking it down by age, location etc etc.

Point is, a Christian marriage is no more or less stable than marriages in other faith/non-faith groups.

Statistics like that can be quite misleading. And statements like "a Christian marriage is no more or less stable than marriages in other faith/non-faith groups" is quite presumptuous.

How many people when asked if they are religious will say "I'm Catholic" simply because of their background or just by default yet are not really religious?

Determining whether or not someone is a devout Christian is virtually impossible no matter how well you know them and how often the attend church or talk about their faith etc. For example, this girl being asked a question about moving in together before marriage, she makes no mention of her faith as the reason for not wanting to. I would be very surprised if Fisher didn't clearly state his beliefs in that regard if faced with the same question. Now, does that mean she isn't a Christian? No idea.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Going under the assumption that they are both in fact devout Christians just means that they are more likely to take divorce harder but, that is just my opinion and not based on any hard evidence.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Going under the assumption that they are both in fact devout Christians just means that they are more likely to take divorce harder but, that is just my opinion and not based on any hard evidence.

Well, this is a discussion that could go on for weeks. In theory, you're right but technically, a Christian (use of the word devout being unnecessary) the question of divorce never comes into the picture.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't believe I've actually posted as much as I have in a thread about Carrie Underwood being on Ellen.

Sad days for Clutchie. Facepalm

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I can't believe I've actually posted as much as I have in a thread about Carrie Underwood being on Ellen.

Sad days for Clutchie. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 489887

You're almost as bad as The Man of the Fecal. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 235689 Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 805406

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I can't believe I've actually posted as much as I have in a thread about Carrie Underwood being on Ellen.

Sad days for Clutchie. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 489887

You're almost as bad as The Man of the Fecal. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 235689 Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 805406

Well that's it then. This is my last post in here....

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or maybe this one?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Or maybe this one?

lol

I said "maybe" and "almost". That's pretty close to "probably" and "not". Post away! Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 235689 Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 805406

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Carrie can get under my wood anytime.

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Carrie can get under my wood anytime.

Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 Icon_wink

Heyoooooo!

Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 Ed_mcm10

Wink

you like the Donkey-play, do you shabbs? Thats kinda freakay Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 484884

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gohan wrote:

Wink

you like the Donkey-play, do you shabbs? Thats kinda freakay Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 484884
HA HA!

Giddy up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wink

You want to knight her with your weiner, do you? Very Diddled up Dung. Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

You want to knight her with your weiner, do you? Very Diddled up Dung. Ahhhhh!
You guys must all be prudes in the bedroom.

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 Icon_wink

You want to knight her with your weiner, do you? Very Diddled up Dung. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 805406

Not any worse than what Mike is probably doing. Like screaming passages of scripture in the throes of weiner pleasure. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 235689 Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 805406 Sick.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's a good Christian boy though. No sex before marriage. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:He's a good Christian boy though. No sex before marriage. Carrie Underwood about Mike Fisher on "Ellen" - Page 3 159628

He just clears his conscience by calling Carrie a Jezebel after he's done with her.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This thread is going downhill fast...

Excellent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum