GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report

+2
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:If Daly is coming out publicly and confirming the 'possibility' exists, it means the league has made a decision it will go ahead if the conditions are met.

Or the NHL is just jerking Canadian NHL fans around, as usual.

With the Canadian dollar stronger against the USD, and a stronger percentage of NHL revenue coming from Canadian markets, it means that the chances of franchises being relocated to Canada are greater.

Business is business.

Unless it gets personal.

Exactly.
Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 270956

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:Same old fluff from the NHL... I'll believe it when I see it.

As opposed to ShabbFluff, of course.
Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 Icon_wink
Indeed. That's some high quality fluff...

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

So, who gets moved to Toronto/GTA first?

The Coyotes or the Panthers?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:So, who gets moved to Toronto/GTA first?

The Coyotes or the Panthers?
Do you think a new team in the GTA will be via a move?

Nope.

It will be a new team.

BOOK IT!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Toros are back!

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 2008_110

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:The Toros are back!

It was only a matter of time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any chance Winnipeg can inherit the Cowboys name and logo?

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 Calgar10

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:The Toros are back!

It was only a matter of time.

A proud tradition revived...the excitement is building! The Tribute Nights are already being planned to honor Toros stars as the team prepares to begin a new era...

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 2008_111

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

All three of Wiinipeg, S. Ontario/GTA and Quebec City could support NHL teams (again), but relocating would be tricky with balancing of divisions/conferences.

Of the current teams, which are most likely to be considered for relocation? Phoenix? Florida? Atlanta?

I suppose you could add 4 more teams, 2 to each conference, as there are a lot of players currently not playing in the NHL that could easily find new homes in the NHL (Jagr, Zherdev, Radulov,+ the countless other players worldwide).

I think the best and most viable solution is to relocate the dying franchises, cause I'm sure the owners are tired of paying to keep these teams afloat.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:All three of Wiinipeg, S. Ontario/GTA and Quebec City could support NHL teams (again), but relocating would be tricky with balancing of divisions/conferences.

Of the current teams, which are most likely to be considered for relocation? Phoenix? Florida? Atlanta?

I suppose you could add 4 more teams, 2 to each conference, as there are a lot of players currently not playing in the NHL that could easily find new homes in the NHL (Jagr, Zherdev, Radulov,+ the countless other players worldwide).

I think the best and most viable solution is to relocate the dying franchises, cause I'm sure the owners are tired of paying to keep these teams afloat.

The new arena in Quebec is planned for 2011 or 2012...and there is probably an available facility in the GTA already (the ACC also being a definite possibility).

Based on the current business situation with that franchise, the Panthers are the most likely to be moved, and the GTA could be the destination.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
The new arena in Quebec is planned for 2011 or 2012...and there is probably an available facility in the GTA already (the ACC also being a definite possibility).

Based on the current business situation with that franchise, the Panthers are the most likely to be moved, and the GTA could be the destination.

Do you mean to imply that you could see both the leaves and the new team playing their home games at the ACC?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
Dash wrote:All three of Wiinipeg, S. Ontario/GTA and Quebec City could support NHL teams (again), but relocating would be tricky with balancing of divisions/conferences.

Unless the only all-cash bid comes from a certain bald billionaire.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote: The new arena in Quebec is planned for 2011 or 2012...and there is probably an available facility in the GTA already (the ACC also being a definite possibility).

Unless the only all-cash bid comes from a certain bald billionaire.

@SSF> yeah, but that would be getting personal.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any chance Winnipeg can inherit the Cowboys name and logo?

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 Calgar10

I like your thinking.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Do you mean to imply that you could see both the leaves and the new team playing their home games at the ACC?
I'm sure MLSE would prefer that.

Think of the increase in revenues for them by filling that place twice as much?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Just think of the beer sales alone.

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Just think of the beer sales alone.

Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474 Another NHL team in Southern Ontario? The NHL says 'yes': report - Page 2 284474
Those two teams, alone, could support the NHL.

Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum