GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saturday's Roster

+3
PKC
wprager
rooneypoo
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Saturday's Roster Empty Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:41 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The Sun has learned our roster for tonight:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/09/20/6822021-sun.html

Surprisingly, it's most of our top players, with guest appearances from Elliot (3rd period), O'Brien, Hennessy, and Bois. Otherwise, it's all the regular roster players.

There are some interesting pairings on D, including Smith with Kuba, and Lee with Picard. I wonder how much we should read those combos... could Lee / Picard really be an option?

2Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The bigger question is, will it be on Rogers 22 or some outfit that actually has semi-decent equipment?

3Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:29 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The bigger question is, will it be on Rogers 22 or some outfit that actually has semi-decent equipment?

The Sun article I linked above reports that the game will be aired on Rogers 22. I have idea about the quality of the broadcast -- I'm not expecting it to be great.

4Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:52 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting to note, on nhl.com, they have the game listed on MSG and Sportsnet.

5Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First thing I did when I heard it was "on Rogers" was check S-Net HD. We get Sportsnet Connected at 7 followed by Toronto FC at 8. I wonder, if Redden *was* in the lineup, would they have changed their minds?

6Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:51 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Interesting to note, on nhl.com, they have the game listed on MSG and Sportsnet.

?

I'm looking at the nhl.com listings right now, and they only say MSG:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app

If you have Centre Ice and live outside of Ottawa, you should get access to the MSG channel at game time, as with all other locally-broadcast games. If you live in Ottawa, you'll probably have to watch it on Rogers 22.

I don't pretend to understand why this is the case, but it has something to do with regional rights of the broadcasters. If a game is broadcast on one channel, then your cable provider will block out any other broadcasts of the game. When I was with Bell, for instance, I occasionally had to watch Sens games -- usually ones where the Sens were playing in Boston -- in French because RDS was showing the game, even though there was a local Boston English broadcast. I'm sure Canada Content regulations play a factor in all this, too.

7Saturday's Roster Empty Spezza with a shortie? Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Has he scored a shortie since pee-wee? Has he even been on the ice in a PK situation since then?

8Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Has he scored a shortie since pee-wee? Has he even been on the ice in a PK situation since then?
HA HA! Good point. I guess he worked on his D-skills... Harts must be giving him a look. It was a beauty. Soft hands.

9Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:24 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Has he scored a shortie since pee-wee? Has he even been on the ice in a PK situation since then?
HA HA! Good point. I guess he worked on his D-skills... Harts must be giving him a look. It was a beauty. Soft hands.

Is anybody watching the game on Bell Expressvu?

10Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Is anybody watching the game on Bell Expressvu?
I don't know anyone that is.

http://www.team1200.com/

May have to listen to is from there...

11Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's the score boys?

12Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:What's the score boys?
3-1 Sens heading into the 3rd. Elliot will be in nets for the Sens.

EDIT: Do we need a Game Night forum?

13Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Need one? perhaps not... Would it be Awesome-Cool? YES!!!

Great suggestion Shabbs. I think we'll actually be creating a forum for every game being played once the reg season kicks off!
Smile

14Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:Need one? perhaps not... Would it be Awesome-Cool? YES!!!

Great suggestion Shabbs. I think we'll actually be creating a forum for every game being played once the reg season kicks off!
Smile
It would be nice to have one area to come to on game nights to discuss the action.

15Saturday's Roster Empty Re: Saturday's Roster Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree dude. And rest assured, we aim to deliver. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum