GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Line Up

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sens Line Up Empty Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:09 am

There has been a lot of talk about the Sens line up on Hockeybooze. I'm liking the thought of Ruuto, Spezza and Heatley.

Any Thoughts?

2Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Monkhouse wrote:There has been a lot of talk about the Sens line up on Hockeybooze. I'm liking the thought of Ruuto, Spezza and Heatley.

Any Thoughts?

Here's a list of players, in order, who I think will get a shot at wing with Heatley and Spezza before Ruutu does:

1st tier (i.e., what management is hoping will work): Winchester, Foligno, Vermette
2nd tier (i.e., what management will do if the above doesn't work): Alfie, Fisher, Neil, Kelly, McAmmond

So, that leaves Ruutu, Bass, Donovan, and Schubert. I think Ruutu has about as much chance as any of these guys. That is, little to none.

I like what he brings to the table, but Ruutu is and has never been a top 6 guy. That spot will go to someone with more potential and better hands, and it looks like Winchester may be first in line.

3Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Monkhouse wrote:There has been a lot of talk about the Sens line up on Hockeybooze. I'm liking the thought of Ruuto, Spezza and Heatley.

Any Thoughts?

that's a big no!

they need someone that can score and carry the puck. I think Ruutu's going to be great for us, but not with those 2.

Ideally Winchester works with them. Assuming he does....

Winchester - Spezza - Heatley
Alfie - Vermette - Fisher
Donovan - Kelly - Foligno
Ruutu - Bass - Neil

spare parts for the press box: McAmmond, Isbister

AS much as Zubov, Regin, O'Brien, Elliott etc are all very promising and WILL play in the NHL, I would rather see them turn Bingo into a winner this year.

We've seen how AHL playoff success, or at least experience, has helped teams (Buf, MTL)grow together so that by the time they're called up, they've got established chemistry.

we've done so many Sens lineups how about this for Bingo?

Shannon - Zubov - Hennessy
A. Luttinen - O'Brien - Bois
Daugavins - Nikulin- Z. Smith
Weller - Regin - Mckenzie

M. Karlsson - B. Bell
D. Smith - T. Kudelka
M.Carkner - G. Waugh

Elliot, Glass

looks good to me!

4Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 am

Personally I like the Idea of Kelly playing with Spezza and Heatley. He played with Alfie and Heatley before when Spezza was hurt and fit in beautifully. THis gives them a defensive responsiblity on the line along with a 2nd face off presence for late in the game.

My lines would be

Heater Spezza Kelly
Vermette Fisher Alfie
Foligno McAmmond Neil
Ruutu Bass Donovan

Just about every line has 2 centres (great for face off worries) and that 4th line whom I would expect to play 8-12 minutes a game would only be required to make the oposing 1st or 2nd set of D hurt the entire time they were on the ice. Dump it in, see how hard you can hit them. Curl get the puck...do it all over again.

5Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:33 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love that 4th line!
And personally, I think Hartsburg will be instructing his 4th line to do EXACTLY as you suggested.

My god, I'm starving for these guys to hit the ice!! C'mon ALREADY!!!

6Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Ruutu is going to be great for us but if he is on any line with a number smaller than 3, we are not going to be successful. We need to use him for what he brings to the table, sandpaper, more like sand in you bathing suit. Trying him on the top line would just cause unnecessary turmoil IMO.

7Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:12 pm

BigRig77 wrote:we've done so many Sens lineups how about this for Bingo?

Shannon - Zubov - Hennessy
A. Luttinen - O'Brien - Bois
Daugavins - Nikulin- Z. Smith
Weller - Regin - Mckenzie

M. Karlsson - B. Bell
D. Smith - T. Kudelka
M.Carkner - G. Waugh

Elliot, Glass

looks good to me!
I agree - I've done far too many O.Sens lineups in the past couple weeks (And its really encouraging that I like the way so many different lineups look) so lets talk about the baby Sens.

I would have to say that O'Brien would be nice in that 2nd line spot, but he will be in Seattle this year, so we'll need a fill-in. I think that fill-in wil be your shocking omission: Mr. Binghamton - Denis Hamel

Hamel - Zubov - Shannon
Isbister - Nikulin - Hennessy
Bois - Regin (who will be top-6 by seasons end) - Z.Smith
Weller - McKenzie - Luttinen

Carkner - Bell
Karlsson - Kudelka
Waugh - Smith

Elliot
(there is no Glass, its just Elliot Razz )

8Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:15 pm

cash wrote: I agree - I've done far too many O.Sens lineups in the past couple weeks (And its really encouraging that I like the way so many different lineups look) so lets talk about the baby Sens.

I would have to say that O'Brien would be nice in that 2nd line spot, but he will be in Seattle this year, so we'll need a fill-in. I think that fill-in wil be your shocking omission: Mr. Binghamton - Denis Hamel

Hamel - Zubov - Shannon

Carkner - Bell
Karlsson - Kudelka
Waugh - Smith

Elliot

Has anyone else read Nikulin's blog lately. His entry on the 12th of september has it sounding like he was upset they put him in the prospects game. He doesn't feel that he should be a prospect and he should be on the Senators. Blinders maybe, but I didn't hear his name during the tournament so he'll be in Bingo, unless he throws a fit like I think he's going to.

9Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:15 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Has anyone else read Nikulin's blog lately. His entry on the 12th of september has it sounding like he was upset they put him in the prospects game. He doesn't feel that he should be a prospect and he should be on the Senators. Blinders maybe, but I didn't hear his name during the tournament so he'll be in Bingo, unless he throws a fit like I think he's going to.

I saw that too and I would be very surprised if he was still with the organization going into december. He had a great attitude last year but I think he's got an over-inflated self-image. I guess time will tell.

10Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

I saw that too and I would be very surprised if he was still with the organization going into december. He had a great attitude last year but I think he's got an over-inflated self-image. I guess time will tell.
Well then there's this:
Alexander Nikulin (through translator Kaspars Daugavins): ""He's thinking about the first thing right now ... make Ottawa," said Daugavins, translating for Nikulin. "He's thinking about making Ottawa. His point is to stay here and work hard, because he thinks he ... learned North American hockey. But if something happens and they send him down, he will be going there and (working hard). And he will work on his bad things, like whatever they will say, to get here.""

11Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:30 pm

I saw that too ^ and I don't believe it for one second.
I agree with DW - he'll cause a fuss and make us trade him.

12Sens Line Up Empty Re: Sens Line Up Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:15 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Dawg's Wife wrote:
cash wrote: I agree - I've done far too many O.Sens lineups in the past couple weeks (And its really encouraging that I like the way so many different lineups look) so lets talk about the baby Sens.

Hamel - Zubov - Shannon

Carkner - Bell
Karlsson - Kudelka
Waugh - Smith

Elliot

I can't believe I missed Hamel! but I guess since he's as much of a perminant fixture as the peacetower....I will forgive myself ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum