GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3)

+6
shabbs
LeCaptain
dennycrane
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
Jordo
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

3 Games tonight, and I'm taking the wildcards in 2.

St. Louis vs. Pittsburgh

Im picking Pittsburgh, because they're at home and have been playing exceptional hockey. Not a knock on St. Louis, who have been exceeding expectations this season. But with both teams rested, I think the Pens will win this won on home ice.

Atlanta vs. Montreal

Atlanta is HOT. Montreal? Well, they're not. There's a lot of pressure for Montreal as a team to win this game and snap a 6 game losing streak. If that pressure isn't enough, they're playing in their own barn- which is great when you're winning, but god awful when you're losing. Halak gets the start tonight, whom in my opinion will be the gamebreaker. Atlanta's got a hot offense, but Halak has been known to steal the odd game. If I'm a betting man (which I am), I'm taking ATL's offense to overpower the smurfs and get by Halak.

Columbus vs. Calgary

This is going to be a fantastic hockey game. If there is a game to stay up for this week- this has to be it. While Calgary is probably the better team, but they've been struggling recently. They are coming off of a big win at home, but it's too bad that Columbus is their opponent. Columbus is so good it hurts this year. I think they'll fly into the Saddle and steal this one. Look for Mason to be lights out, and our old friend Vermette to have a few points.

2Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yeah, I'm betting on Atlanta taking this one too. Downward spiral in Montreal, yet again. Eesh!

3Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

St. Louis vs. Pittsburgh = Pens win
Atlanta vs. Montreal = Thrashers win, crushing the Smurf's little mushroom homes.
Columbus vs. Calgary = Blue Jackets win

4Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

St. Louis
Montreal
Calgary

5Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

St-Louis
Atlanta
Columbus

6Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pens
Thrashers
Flames

BOOK IT!!!!

7Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's booked. I'm not sure about Calgary, though.

8Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pittsburgh
Columbus
Montreal

9Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:Pens
Thrashers
Flames

BOOK IT!!!!
So close...

10Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:It's booked. I'm not sure about Calgary, though.

I was wrong about Calgary, although all I said was "I'm not sure". Not surprised the Habs pulled one out but, man, they came so close to stretching the streak to 6. Gomez gets the 1st star with no goals, no assists and one shot. Pavelec was the only player on the Thrashers who did well. That one goal they did score I still don't understand why Halak missed it. It was Armstrong and a sea of red. There was no pass, he had to be playing the shot and he missed it. Maybe he was screened but I don't think so. Anyhow, he stopped everything in the shootout.

11Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Halak saw that shot...

12Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:46 pm

BUF
MIN
NSH

for tonight

13Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nashville at Boston 7:00 PM | Gameday
Carolina at NY Islanders 7:00 PM | Gameday
Buffalo at Florida 7:30 PM | Gameday
Colorado at Minnesota 8:00 PM | Gameday
Vancouver at Chicago 8:30 PM | Gameday
Dallas at Anaheim 10:00 PM | Gameday

------------------------------------------------

Boston
Carolina
Florida
Colorado
Chicago
Anaheim

14Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's embarrassing to watch Florida fumble their way through a 5-1 deficit - in the first! But, like a train wreck, I can't look away. Pout

15Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Empty Re: Tonight's NHL preview (pick 3) Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Will the Isles get their first win tonight?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum