GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded

+14
SensFan71
Vandelay
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PKC
PTFlea
Sens19
asq2
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Well, Zubov has just not materialized. I can see Russia in his future. He worked hard, so I can't say anything more than he's a good kid but just doesn't have it for the NHL.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

I would like to see him stick around for another year. Coming over from Russia, developing to the NA game can take a while. I guess I just hate the potential of another Demitra type give away...then he goes somewhere else and gets his game together.

Unless another team comes asking for him, I don't see the point in trading him now (unless he really did ask for a trade) after all the time he and the organization have put in.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see him sticking around. He can make a tonne of money in the KHL and he's already been here a while and he's dropped down the depth chart to the point where, unless he's traded, he really doesn't have a shot in the NHL anymore.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:What a fall for this guy (Zubov). This time last year, he was on the bubble and pretty much considered one of our best, near NHL-ready prospects. I'm too lazy to look this up, but I remember just about everyone of this board echoing sentiments along those lines one short year ago.

I wonder what happened here. Was it a rapid drop off? A sense of entitlement / work ethic issues? A general improvement across the board in terms of our prospects, in terms of skill development and new blood injection, leaving him behind?

That's the one.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:What a fall for this guy (Zubov). This time last year, he was on the bubble and pretty much considered one of our best, near NHL-ready prospects. I'm too lazy to look this up, but I remember just about everyone of this board echoing sentiments along those lines one short year ago.

I wonder what happened here. Was it a rapid drop off? A sense of entitlement / work ethic issues? A general improvement across the board in terms of our prospects, in terms of skill development and new blood injection, leaving him behind?

That's the one.

So I guess it has nothing to do with re-signing bottom-6 forwards to multi-million dollar deals? OK then. ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 4 668437

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
So I guess it has nothing to do with re-signing bottom-6 forwards to multi-million dollar deals? OK then. ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 4 668437

That too yeah, but the emergence of Peter Regin, Z.Smith and to a much lesser degree Cody Bass puts him low of the totem poll. Silfverberg, Petersson...there are more guys coming through the pipeline. His chances are not good.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That too yeah, but the emergence of Peter Regin, Z.Smith and to a much lesser degree Cody Bass puts him low of the totem poll. Silfverberg, Petersson...there are more guys coming through the pipeline. His chances are not good.

He's still ahead of Bass and Smith or should be. The fact that he's Russian makes it easier to paint him as a malcontent who can't cut it. The fact is, on September 30, 2009, Zubov is a better player than Chris Kelly and Choochoo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
He's still ahead of Bass and Smith or should be. The fact that he's Russian makes it easier to paint him as a malcontent who can't cut it. The fact is, on September 30, 2009, Zubov is a better player than Chris Kelly and Choochoo.

He's ahead of Bass - but it would depend on the injury. They won't call him up if Neil gets hurt for example, but perhaps if one of our top 6, or top 9 get hurt. I don't think he's ahead of Z.Smith personally. Smith is a nice power forward who still needs some seasoning, but has the potential to be very good. 50 points as a rookie in Bingo last year including 24 goals. What was he, 4 points away from overtaking Zubov for the lead in scoring?

As far as saying Zubov is a better player than Kelly and Cheechoo...I can only imagine that you're saying that because you're pissed at Kelly's contract and disappointed in Cheechoo thus far. I would say give Cheechoo a chance and I certainly would suggest that he's a better player than Zubov probably could ever hope to be.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:As far as saying Zubov is a better player than Kelly and Cheechoo...I can only imagine that you're saying that because you're pissed at Kelly's contract and disappointed in Cheechoo thus far.

In order for me to be pissed at Kelly's contract and disappointed in Cheechoo they would have to be playing at a pretty low level which would only confirm that Zubov is potentially better than they are. And an awful lot cheaper.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
In order for me to be pissed at Kelly's contract and disappointed in Cheechoo they would have to be playing at a pretty low level which would only confirm that Zubov is potentially better than they are. And an awful lot cheaper.

It's rare that I would defend Kelly, but he's a good NHL player. He can defend, play PK, center a 3rd (or 4th line) and is apparently a leader. Ilya Zubov has some raw talent, he can score and play top line in Bingo, but hit the old brick wall in the second half of the year down there. Does that mean he should be in the NHL? No to me, to me that means he needs to excel this year and not hit that brick wall. If he can do that, he'll get some NHL action next year I would presume. If he sulks and sucks, then he's done. If he asks for a trade and gets it, then it's out of our hands.

Vandelay wrote:I would like to see him stick around for another year. Coming over from Russia, developing to the NA game can take a while. I guess I just hate the potential of another Demitra type give away...then he goes somewhere else and gets his game together.

Unless another team comes asking for him, I don't see the point in trading him now (unless he really did ask for a trade) after all the time he and the organization have put in.

Say what you want about Demitra's skill or offensive output, but the guy is not a winner. In this organization, we only want winners and people who will pay the price for the team. Somehow, Zubov never struck me as one of those players.

Good luck to him, wherever he goes.

I can defently say I was not one of those people. Never liked the guy and apparently neither do The Sens.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I see this guy unable to make the team the last few camps he has been to, what has it been, at least 3 I believe, and he still hasn't even been close to making the team, at least Zack Smith comes down to the wire, being the last cut made or the last round of cuts. Zubov is up there with O'Brien in terms of getting cut in the first 3 sets.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.senschirp.ca/2009/10/zubov-expects-to-be-released.html

The Ottawa Senators have been trying to find a team to take a chance on Ilya Zubov but have yet to find any takers.

Now the word out of Binghamton according to Michael Sharp is that Zubov expects the Senators will release him in the very near future so that he can pursue playing options in the KHL.

Surprised ? ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 4 455378

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I was hoping we'd get something for him

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The little blurb in the Sun a week ago that quoted Murray as saying Zubov was 15% body fat and that nobody could play NHL hockey in the shape he's in and that he was very disappointed in his summer training. Well that was pretty telling. It was a matter of time.

He pretty much stopped being a prospect for me when I heard that. It's not like he was the next Ovechkin anyway - and now he's fat and lazy? Pass.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We have a scale that measures body fat. I know it's not accurate and all, but I still hate it. That lying thingamajig!

Anyhow, the body fat % should be closer to 10% than 15%, for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like he's expecting the Sens to release him soon...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/10/07/zubov-expects-senators-to-release-him-soon.aspx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum