GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded

+14
SensFan71
Vandelay
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PKC
PTFlea
Sens19
asq2
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

I get that Fowler is a top-5, likely top-3 pick, but is he really in the game for that 1st overall spot?

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:I get that Fowler is a top-5, likely top-3 pick, but is he really in the game for that 1st overall spot?

He's got the potential, but I don't think he's as much of a competitor to Hall as Hedman was to Tavares. I don't think you'll see very many mocks right now that don't have Fowler at #2.

Kabanov is the most talented, explosive player in the draft. If he were Canadian, he'd probably be the first over-all pick.

Of course, Hall also benefits immensely from having a playoff MVP and Memorial Cup to his name.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

And probably a WJC Gold soon.

asq2 wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:I get that Fowler is a top-5, likely top-3 pick, but is he really in the game for that 1st overall spot?

He's got the potential, but I don't think he's as much of a competitor to Hall as Hedman was to Tavares. I don't think you'll see very many mocks right now that don't have Fowler at #2.

Kabanov is the most talented, explosive player in the draft. If he were Canadian, he'd probably be the first over-all pick.

Of course, Hall also benefits immensely from having a playoff MVP and Memorial Cup to his name.

That says it all right there. Too bad for him that GM's are nervous about Russian prospects.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think there's any risks at all with Russian goign in the top 3.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Little correction here:
As per Karl Cowensson on HF:

The actual quote is that he and the organization talked and that he
will probably be traded. Doesn't sound like he demanded a trade but the
fact is he doesn't fit into our plans so why not package him and send
him off.

Well, that certainly makes a big difference.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=10668

Zubov
didn't take kindly to being sent down to the B-Sens. The team's points
leader from last year made it clear that he wants to be traded.

Ilya Zubov "I'm not very happy about it, it's not what I want. Both me
and the Ottawa team [talked] and I might get traded soon."

Ok this is really confusing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I feel badly for him, he's down on the call-up list behind Regin (theoretically), Z.Smith and possibly Bass depending on the injury to the roster player. It will be hard for him to crack our lineup, but then again, hard work and persistence is something he's shown the last 2 years. It would be nice if he wanted to stay in the organization and we at least accommodated that.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

ah send him to phoenix for staal and a pick....staal is a few years away so this would help bring the contract numbers down.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=10668

Zubov
didn't take kindly to being sent down to the B-Sens. The team's points
leader from last year made it clear that he wants to be traded.

Ilya Zubov "I'm not very happy about it, it's not what I want. Both me
and the Ottawa team [talked] and I might get traded soon."

Ok this is really confusing

sound very similar to nikulin said before he was moved.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

What a fall for this guy (Zubov). This time last year, he was on the bubble and pretty much considered one of our best, near NHL-ready prospects. I'm too lazy to look this up, but I remember just about everyone of this board echoing sentiments along those lines one short year ago.

I wonder what happened here. Was it a rapid drop off? A sense of entitlement / work ethic issues? A general improvement across the board in terms of our prospects, in terms of skill development and new blood injection, leaving him behind?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll admit that I jumped on the bandwagon but I think that was because there really was nothing else to get excited about in terms of players that could potentially crack the lineup last year.

I hope Zubov has some success with another organisation though because he gave up a couple years of KHL salary to stay in Bingo, keep his mouth shut, and ride the buses.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't think the yotes want to part with stall... everything abou this guy is in his name. on day... just like his brothers. we'll see. with his size, he's like the runt of the stall litter.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:He has his chance last season, and in camp, to make the team make room for him. He didn't. Goodbye.

Phoenix seems to want our disgruntled Russians, so let's package him, Lee and whoever else it takes to land Michalek. ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 3 301182

If only.....

Um, he never really had a chance with the likes of Kelly, Neil, Donovan, etc. pencilled in year after year. Add Choochoo to that already overwhelming list of underwhelming wingers.

He has every reason to be disgruntled even though he apparently isn't.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Well, Zubov has just not materialized. I can see Russia in his future. He worked hard, so I can't say anything more than he's a good kid but just doesn't have it for the NHL.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would like to see him stick around for another year. Coming over from Russia, developing to the NA game can take a while. I guess I just hate the potential of another Demitra type give away...then he goes somewhere else and gets his game together.

Unless another team comes asking for him, I don't see the point in trading him now (unless he really did ask for a trade) after all the time he and the organization have put in.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see him sticking around. He can make a tonne of money in the KHL and he's already been here a while and he's dropped down the depth chart to the point where, unless he's traded, he really doesn't have a shot in the NHL anymore.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum