GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza's brother and his roommate chase drunk driver

+2
beerandsens
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I have no doubt they will take a close look at how this all transpired. Did the dispatcher know they were running red lights and almost having head on collisions at 170km/h with other innocent by-standers?

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:I have no doubt they will take a close look at how this all transpired. Did the dispatcher know they were running red lights and almost having head on collisions at 170km/h with other innocent by-standers?

I would think he would, but then again it's not settled that they wont get charged for their antics so I agree there will probably more to this. But in the end they'll still come out as heros in the media and while I have nothing against their intentions to help the young lady, I'm sure there were better and safer ways to do so

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

shabbs wrote:I have no doubt they will take a close look at how this all transpired. Did the dispatcher know they were running red lights and almost having head on collisions at 170km/h with other innocent by-standers?

The picture of their faces from the front page is burned into my memory Spezza's brother and his roommate chase drunk driver - Page 2 812636 They looked so proud of themselves Spezza's brother and his roommate chase drunk driver - Page 2 969225

Sens19 wrote:

I would think he would, but then again it's not settled that they wont get charged for their antics so I agree there will probably more to this. But in the end they'll still come out as heros in the media and while I have nothing against their intentions to help the young lady, I'm sure there were better and safer ways to do so

She Diddling knew the guy! Take her home or to someone she loves and/or trusts deeply and give her your best wishes. If she knew the damn guy, THEY WOULD CATCH HIM. I hope J.Spez beat the Dung out of his brother for embarassing him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens19 wrote:

Just imagine if they had mowed down someone who was crossing the street and killed them. Horrendous. When she was in their car, she was out of harms way and in no direct danger. She knew the guy, they had the plate and description of the vehicle... hand that over to the police and let them do their job.

Sure, it all ended ok, but it could have ended extremely badly too.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

CCgotITcovered wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

She Diddling knew the guy! Take her home or to someone she loves and/or trusts deeply and give her your best wishes. If she knew the damn guy, THEY WOULD CATCH HIM. I hope J.Spez beat the Dung out of his brother for embarassing him.

That's what I meant by safer, call the cops and tell them the guy's address, license plate and phone number since the woman obviously knew the info. And I highly doubt Jason will beat his bro up but it would be nice of him to toughen those soft knuckles of his

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow that is pretty intense, but man, leave the high speed driving to the cops, that is what they do, and besides, what took the cops so long to get involved in this chase? It sounds like they were telling the dispatcher every red light they were going through, and those calls should be recorded, so if they do get charged, I would be fighting it big time, again, where were the police for those 10 to 15 minutes?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll be very surprised is the drivers get charged with anything... they've been painted as heroes and there would be a huge backlash. The dispatcher's responses/conduct as well as the police's response time should be looked into very closely. This should not have been allowed to go on for so long.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Police Chief is asking for an internal investigation...

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2009/09/21/11021256.html

He indicates the pursuit should not have been allowed to happen.

shabbs wrote:Police Chief is asking for an internal investigation...

Obviously...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:Police Chief is asking for an internal investigation...

Obviously...
Clearly.

I heard M.Spez's buddy's lawyer on 580 this morning. He cleared up a couple misconceptions and completely changed my view on it. He said that the girl was in hysterics, that she actually only knew the accused's first name, and that the accused was driving someone else's car. Apparently M.Spez's buddy is a trained driver, as well. He also said that the accused told the girl that he was going to chop her up and throw her pieces into a cornfield.

When you consider the psychological effects on the girl of this guy getting away, its actually pretty admirable. I still think its stupid to endanger civilians with a high speed chase, but I'm not looking at them the same way I was before.

CCgotITcovered wrote:I heard M.Spez's buddy's lawyer on 580 this morning. He cleared up a couple misconceptions and completely changed my view on it. He said that the girl was in hysterics, that she actually only knew the accused's first name, and that the accused was driving someone else's car. Apparently M.Spez's buddy is a trained driver, as well. He also said that the accused told the girl that he was going to chop her up and throw her pieces into a cornfield.

When you consider the psychological effects on the girl of this guy getting away, its actually pretty admirable. I still think its stupid to endanger civilians with a high speed chase, but I'm not looking at them the same way I was before.

Well, I think he should give Superman his cape back.

still...they did a good thing for this woman and got a potential psycho off the streets.

CCgotITcovered wrote:still...they did a good thing for this woman and got a potential psycho off the streets.

Dealing with the chick is cool, I get that. I dont see how throwing her in the car with them, going speeds of 170kn an hour is really a smart thing to do.

Common sense wasnt their main concern to say the least. At least he didnt try and take her home I guess.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:still...they did a good thing for this woman and got a potential psycho off the streets.

Dealing with the chick is cool, I get that. I dont see how throwing her in the car with them, going speeds of 170kn an hour is really a smart thing to do.

Common sense wasnt their main concern to say the least. At least he didnt try and take her home I guess.

It's true that common sense wasn't their main concern but I certainly don't think fame seeking was either. They just reacted on the spot without thinking much. Like I said before, stupid (really stupid) but with good intentions

Yeah I thought playing hero was important, but getting a more complete picture helps me see it from their perspective.

At least they helped get the guy---even if they did it in a stupid way.

Sens19 wrote:
N4L wrote:

It's true that common sense wasn't their main concern but I certainly don't think fame seeking was either. They just reacted on the spot without thinking much. Like I said before, stupid (really stupid) but with good intentions

Didnt Spezza say he tried to punch through the window or something? I mean, I dont know why that would even be mentioned?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum