GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DONE: Vermette signs 5 years, 3.75 per year deal with Columbus

+9
wprager
spader
mattshock
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Sp00nz
jamvan
SensFan71
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/09/vermette_signs_for_5_yeafrs.shtml

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

good for both Vermy and the Jackets if they get this done, will never say anything bad about Antoine, he deserves the best in Columbus.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He truly does deserve this opportunity. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him whatsoever now that he's gone.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Yep good for him. Vermette was and always will be a class act.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Great for both sides if true. Vermette is going to be a huge part to an up and coming Jacket's club. Hopefully he can cement himself as a second liner there.

Sp00nz wrote:Great for both sides if true. Vermette is going to be a huge part to an up and coming Jacket's club. Hopefully he can cement himself as a second liner there.

I think a 2nd line centre spot is right where he will (and should) end up with the Jackets. Brassard should break out large this year (He was leading the team and all rookies in scoring when injured last season). Vermette gives them a quality guy and a very capable 2nd line pivot.

I'm glad things have worked out for Tony V.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

he is a pretty solid player and usually40+ points a year plus the pk skills i expect between 3-3,5M a year

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:he is a pretty solid player and usually40+ points a year plus the pk skills i expect between 3-3,5M a year

I think that's fair. $15 for 5 years....come on Howson!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i cannot see him getting more than 3.5 he shouldnt but sometimes players get a lot more than we expect

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

50 poitns, PK, PP, I would give multi year 3/ 3.5 to a guy like that any day. 13 points in 17 games with Columbus, something like that also in the Clouston era.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Great deal for both sides.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I think he'll flourish this season with CBJ. He was starting to show up more after the trade. One of those guys that needed a change of scenery I guess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TSN's ranking of the top 250 are up and they are projecting Vermette to get 17 goals and 39 points. What??! 13 points in 17 games extrapolates to 63 points. That 39 total does not make sense. Plus I still think there is a legitimate chance that he gets top-line minutes if Brassard has any set back (sophomore slump, anyone? ailing shoulder, perhaps?)

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:TSN's ranking of the top 250 are up and they are projecting Vermette to get 17 goals and 39 points. What??! 13 points in 17 games extrapolates to 63 points. That 39 total does not make sense. Plus I still think there is a legitimate chance that he gets top-line minutes if Brassard has any set back (sophomore slump, anyone? ailing shoulder, perhaps?)

An important thing to note as well is that when Brassard was lighting it up last year, he was not playing alongside Rick Nash, he was actually on the 2nd line. Interesting to see what Hitchc'ck decides to do with his lines.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:TSN's ranking of the top 250 are up and they are projecting Vermette to get 17 goals and 39 points. What??! 13 points in 17 games extrapolates to 63 points. That 39 total does not make sense. Plus I still think there is a legitimate chance that he gets top-line minutes if Brassard has any set back (sophomore slump, anyone? ailing shoulder, perhaps?)

An important thing to note as well is that when Brassard was lighting it up last year, he was not playing alongside Rick Nash, he was actually on the 2nd line. Interesting to see what Hitchc'ck decides to do with his lines.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. CBS Sports has Brassard #2 on their depth chart, with Vermette at the top. I just don't understand how he could be projected to miss 40.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum