GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DONE: Vermette signs 5 years, 3.75 per year deal with Columbus

+9
wprager
spader
mattshock
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Sp00nz
jamvan
SensFan71
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Makes the Fisher signing look genius

I wouldn't go that far personally.

should have added the sarcastic emocon.

ask and SpezzD will deliver, I guarantee DONE: Vermette signs 5 years, 3.75 per year deal with Columbus - Page 4 668437

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Oh yeah, but I think he's quite capable of living up to a contract that size.

Maybe? Hard to say. His top point total here was 53, can he exceed that? We'll see.

He never had a full season at centre here either. That's the big difference for me. He's more comfortable as a centreman. I don't think 60 is out of the question for sure.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I certainly wish him the best.

Here's another query - will Vermette get the same opportunity with Brassard coming back?

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:How is Vermette better then Fisher? For basically the same production and less of a role, Fisher does a lot more and is a much dangerous player on the ice.

Not a player fears playing agaisnt Vermette, Fisher on the other hand is a force.

Fisher doesnt even make 500K more than Vermette now, I'll take Fisher every day of the week/month/year.

Vermette is a better 2nd line center than Fisher. In fact, being top-six in the league in faceoffs he could play a top line center role on many teams (including, it sounds like, Columbus). And if he regularly laid out people like ht did to Pronger, then you could start saying he's a better player.

There is a chance in hell I would ever take Vermette over Fisher. Especially for the difference in salary being less than 500K. No shot. Call him a 2nd line center, 3rd line center, back up goaltender, it's not even a question to me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, I'd take Fisher 10 out of 10 times - and I like Vermette. There's only so many players you can have like that before you start getting pushed around. Fisher's the guy who pushes back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:How is Vermette better then Fisher? For basically the same production and less of a role, Fisher does a lot more and is a much dangerous player on the ice.

Not a player fears playing agaisnt Vermette, Fisher on the other hand is a force.

Fisher doesnt even make 500K more than Vermette now, I'll take Fisher every day of the week/month/year.

Vermette is a better 2nd line center than Fisher. In fact, being top-six in the league in faceoffs he could play a top line center role on many teams (including, it sounds like, Columbus). And if he regularly laid out people like ht did to Pronger, then you could start saying he's a better player.

There is a chance in hell I would ever take Vermette over Fisher. Especially for the difference in salary being less than 500K. No shot. Call him a 2nd line center, 3rd line center, back up goaltender, it's not even a question to me.

I wasn't arguing against your position. Vermette is better at face offs, you can't argue with that. Fisher's game is nearly perfect for a winger. I still would not take Vermette over Fisher, unless he started hitting like he did against Pronger, with regularity.

That;s fair, I was just making my point pretty clear in my view with Fisher vs Vermette.

I look at Vermette more in Kelly's class then Fisher's. That's just me though.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Fisher > Vermette

No question.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Good deal. A little less than Michalek's.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Good deal. A little less than Michalek's.

Vermette? He's a little less of a player too. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Vermette? He's a little less of a player too. DONE: Vermette signs 5 years, 3.75 per year deal with Columbus - Page 4 50327

And older.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Vermette? He's a little less of a player too. DONE: Vermette signs 5 years, 3.75 per year deal with Columbus - Page 4 50327

And older.

So...are you saying that it was a good deal for Columbus? I'm lost. confused

I think it's a slight overpayment, but Vermette went in there and clicked almost instantly. They've been looking for a guy like him for awhile, so I don't think they mind to overpay a little (I would like to have seen $15 million over 5 years like I said.)

If he can generate 60 points, plus be a top faceoff for them, all while working the PK, I don't think it's money unwisely spent. I don't think with what Vermette brings they could justify paying him less than Freddy Modin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

14% less. Not exactly "a little".

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

And older.

So...are you saying that it was a good deal for Columbus? I'm lost. DONE: Vermette signs 5 years, 3.75 per year deal with Columbus - Page 4 Confused

Yes. For the reason that Prags pointed out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum