GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR MILL: Seriously...it won't be long before Kessel has a new home

+8
asq2
Hayden
davetherave
LeCaptain
Sens19
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:Literally, The Leafs could finish dead last this season... Boston wins the cup and gets the 1st and 30th pick, haha, sure, why not?

I doubt it. They've got good goaltending and defence (except Exelby, I still think he sucks) and their forwards are average - the forward equivalent to our defence IMO.

They won't make the playoffs, but they'll be around 12th in the conference IMO, not last. Especially with Kessel.

They have Hanson playing in the top 9... Condra was easily the best player at ND and wont even get a sniff in Ottawa.

Jason Blake is their best forward, that's scary. Their goaltending is decent, nothing to write home about. They basically had a parade for signing a backup goaltender and frankly, I still think their defense sucks. Komiserek is a joke, Markov made him a millionaire, I said way back that if Montreal pays that guy over 3 mil they are nuts, well, Burke like's his mindless goofs. Beauchimen is a total unknown, how will he be without 2 of the best 5 D men in the game holding his hand. Van Ryn is decent, Kaberle will be rendered useless having absolutly no one to move the puck to.

If The Leafs finish anywhere but the bottom of the NE this year, I'll be shocked. I really think they finish in the basement of the conferance.

Now, Nashville making that move is a great idea IMO. There is a team that could use a Kessel. Those picks are a little less meaningful to the Preds then The Leafs because of the prospect depth.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Now, Nashville making that move is a great idea IMO. There is a team that could use a Kessel. Those picks are a little less meaningful to the Preds then The Leafs because of the prospect depth.

@N4L> this chatter about Burke doesn't seem solid...so far.

Nashville makes more sense, especially as Chiarelli can't want to have Kessel going to an Eastern team.

Doesnt matter where he goes if The Leafs offered that honestly. Kessel wont be lighting up Boston anytime soon. Absolutly make that deal if you are Boston.

There might be a bit of insentive moving Kessel West, but not that much.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Doesnt matter where he goes if The Leafs offered that honestly. Kessel wont be lighting up Boston anytime soon. Absolutly make that deal if you are Boston.

There might be a bit of insentive moving Kessel West, but not that much.

@N4L> well, we don't even know at this point if Burke has made any kind of offer...and there is ZERO about this in the Boston press.

Fair enough, but Boston having the problems they are having with Kessel, if that were the offer, I would back his bags myself. Unless there is a bidding war going on of course.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Anyway, this chatter about Kessel moving is just chatter at this point.

From NESN, the Bruins' official broadcasters and their website today:

“Phil’s a terrific young player, but I’m responsible to our team," the GM (Peter Chiarelli) said in a recent news conference. "I’ve said publicly and I’ll say it again: I want Phil to be on our team. I’ll do everything I can do to put him on our team -- within reason and within the balance that I’m talking about. If it means moving players, I’ll do it; if it means matching offer sheets, I’ll do it.”

http://www.nesn.com/2009/09/should-phil-flee-bruins-kesselless-offense-can-still-thrive.html

Fair enough, but I dont even think Toronto should be giving up ONE 1st round pick and you have to think that was the minimum that was offered.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Fair enough, but I dont even think Toronto should be giving up ONE 1st round pick and you have to think that was the minimum that was offered.

So far, a lot of noise but nothing substantial to the rumour.

From the Boston Globe:

At least three clubs - the Maple Leafs, Rangers, and Predators - have contacted Chiarelli in hopes of making a deal for Kessel.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2009/09/11/kessel_through_talking/

This could all be cooked up by Kessel's agent to try and pressure Chiarelli and the Bruins.

We've seen that kind of thing before.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Using the media to further one's agenda. who'd a thunk it RUMOUR MILL: Seriously...it won't be long before Kessel has a new home - Page 3 Icon_smile

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Rangers? Does Sather seriously have a stipulation in his contract that he must add one big contract per month?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:The Rangers? Does Sather seriously have a stipulation in his contract that he must add one big contract per month?

For once that might actually be too bad an idea. The Rangers are so bereft of talent up front...it's such a waste of Lundqvist's talent.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:The Rangers? Does Sather seriously have a stipulation in his contract that he must add one big contract per month?

For once that might actually be too bad an idea. The Rangers are so bereft of talent up front...it's such a waste of Lundqvist's talent.

@Spez> You are correct. Sather has the cap room and the need. Kessel would make sense for the Rangers.

ASQ is just engaging in the usual "kick in the Slats" RUMOUR MILL: Seriously...it won't be long before Kessel has a new home - Page 3 78253

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

@Spez> You are correct. Sather has the cap room and the need. Kessel would make sense for the Rangers.

ASQ is just engaging in the usual "kick in the Slats" RUMOUR MILL: Seriously...it won't be long before Kessel has a new home - Page 3 78253

Do the Rangers, a team some believe will not make the playoffs, really need to deal away the package of picks/youth that they would need to to get Kessel? That's the more pertinent question. This is a team already lacking big time in prospects and up-and-comers. Dealing from their area of weakness doesn't make sense. And seeing how Boston doesn't have any cap space, dealing a roster player, doesn't make sense for Boston either.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I would say they have very good prospects: Grachev, Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, McDonagh... and Dubinsky, Staal and Callahan are still young.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@PKC, Marakh> Marakh is right...the Rangers have a strong pipeline of prospects, reinforced by the deal with Montreal that brought them McDonagh and Valentenko.

Difficult to see why Chiarelli would deal Kessel to New York though. A Preds-Bruins transaction would be more to his advantage--if he in fact wants to move Kessel, which he says he doesn't.

And as PKC says, cap room is a challenge for both teams...the extent of which depends on which sources you consult.

But you know how rumours are.
RUMOUR MILL: Seriously...it won't be long before Kessel has a new home - Page 3 668437

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I would say they have very good prospects: Grachev, Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, McDonagh... and Dubinsky, Staal and Callahan are still young.

Dubi's still without a contract.

davetherave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

RUMOUR MILL: Seriously...it won't be long before Kessel has a new home - Page 3 78253 Slats does a pretty good job of that himself, usually in the form of hefty contracts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum