GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's up with Phil Kessel?

+4
shabbs
SensFan71
spader
Jordo
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31What's up with Phil Kessel? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's up with Phil Kessel? Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Agreed with all of this, although I'd like to see Wiercioch in the show in two years. From the time we drafted him up to now, he's made some tremendous strides, so if he continues at that pace, 2 years isn't unreasonable. I don't want to rush any of these 3. It's not like we are contending for the cup this year, or possibly next anyway. Laughing3

No we're not. I had pegged 10/11 as the year that I thought we'd be back, but since Hartsburg set us back a year, some of our forward prospects haven't lit it up at the NHL level and our absolute overhaul of D that's needed (and thankfully is coming), I'll say we'd be lucky to get back into serious contention in 11/12, more like 12/13 now when Karlsson and Cowen have a year or 2 under their belts to help Wiercioch through.

Robin Lehner will be a wildcard as well. He'll be ready soon enough, but he has a devastating rebound control problem that will take the better part of 2 years to correct I would imagine. If he can fix that, then he's pretty much ready from what I've seen and read. Just an awesome talent.

Elliott will be ready for prime time, hopefully we keep Volcehnkov. Phillips is put out to pasture or re-signed for 1.5. Kuba, traded or gone and one of Lee, Campoli, Picard, Gryba, etc. will hopefully mature/emerge into a top flight D-man.

Then we roll the dice with Spezza and the new forwards we'll have to indoctrinate into the system. Foligno is one for sure, Silfverberg, Regin etc. This will be their team when we contend (unless something amazing happens Ahhhhh! )

32What's up with Phil Kessel? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's up with Phil Kessel? Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow...I must have been saving that to write a thesis in a Phil Kessel thread. Ahhhhh!

33What's up with Phil Kessel? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's up with Phil Kessel? Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:20 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

When you say serious contention, you mean for The Cup, right?

34What's up with Phil Kessel? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's up with Phil Kessel? Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:When you say serious contention, you mean for The Cup, right?

Yes indeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum