GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry Potter breaks box office record

+6
wprager
SensGirl11
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:55 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dawg's Wife wrote:I took my daughter and I'll say I was very very disappointed. I won't give anything away other than to say that they cut major parts out of the book (in other words didn't show key parts) which have a huge bearing on the story in this movie as well they set up the next 2.

Not to mention they rewrote several other spots, which caused me to sit and wonder where the movie was going until it joined up with J.K.Rowling's novel.

DW, that was probably my favorite book of the series. What did they remove -- I don't mind spoilers, you can PM me if you wish. I also tend to enjoy a movie more if I know of the short-comings beforehand.

17Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Taken = Garbage!
BAH! All you Taken haters be gone! GONE I SAY!

Wink

C'mon... garbage? Compared to what's being offered these days... it's Ocsar material.

For those that didn't like Taken... did you enjoy the Bourne series?

18Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
BAH! All you Taken haters be gone! GONE I SAY!

Wink

C'mon... garbage? Compared to what's being offered these days... it's Ocsar material.

For those that didn't like Taken... did you enjoy the Bourne series?

I loved the Bourne series. The first Bourne was one of the most entertaining, sharply written, well acted action/thrillers I can remember. The other two were almost as good.

Now Bourne/Damon was a guy who was gonna kick some serious arse.

19Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:I took my daughter and I'll say I was very very disappointed. I won't give anything away other than to say that they cut major parts out of the book (in other words didn't show key parts) which have a huge bearing on the story in this movie as well they set up the next 2.

Not to mention they rewrote several other spots, which caused me to sit and wonder where the movie was going until it joined up with J.K.Rowling's novel.

It's the sixth movie, it has been like that since the 1st one, I think it should have been expected,

I loved the books and I enjoyed the movies. People always make the same mistake, thinking they are gonna see the same story and stuff. It's just impossible, it would last 10 hours. And if you don't modify the story a little in a 2 hour movie, it would look like a total mess.

Anyways, Half Blood Prince was the best HP, I enjoyed the 5th movie I'm pretty sure I'll like this one.

20Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:57 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Bourne = Excellent, Taken = Good!

21Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Taken was okay. Not the best, but pretty entertaining. Not really a movie that I would rewatch.

22Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Does anyone correct these box office numbers for inflation or buying power?

It seems to me that it was a lot harder for Star Wars to earn $100M than it was for The Dark Knight, if only because $2 Tuesdays now costs $5.

23Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Star wars(1977) is the second highest grossing film when adjusted for inflation.

Source:
http://www.scene-stealers.com/top-10/top-10-grossing-movies-adjusted-for-inflation/

24Harry Potter breaks box office record - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter breaks box office record Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should also adjust for the population growth in North America, Europe and Asia.

Of course in those days, before you could rent a movie six months after it came out, people would watch a movie multiple times. What's the last movie you saw more than once in the theatre? For me it was The Incredibles. Sister-in-law was in town for Christmas and wanted to take the boys, so I tagged along, even though we'd seen it a week earlier. I don't think I saw any other movie more than once in a theatre (other than Rocky Horror Picture Show, but that's different), but some of my friends saw Star Wars more than 10 times. Same with Raiders.

Point is, we'll never get a true comparison because too many things have changed dramatically.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum