GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's REALLY going on in Murray's office??

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

O.k. So there's no denying the persistent rumours or rumblings that Murray has a T6F in his sights, but for the life of me, with this Mezaros debacle that while waiting for him to remove his head from his arse, a PMD is the logical choice first and foremost, no?
Which brings me to my point. A friend mentioned to me about a week ago his theory on the gag order, and I tend to agree completely. Murray has gagged his people and front office, which would explain the sheer lack of anything info moving or coming from the Sens org, much to the chagrin of this poster and rumor ADDICT! However, it needed to be done because nothing would be more annoying and disastrous then having the entire league and news media aware of what a club REALLY wants; thereby driving the price up for their need and/or playing hard-to-get. That's why I believe this top 6 forward is a red-herring or smoke screen, in a sense, even though anyone with a decent hockey mind would look at the Sens and realize with our without Mezie in the fold, a PMD is a neccessity. I think Murray is perhaps looking at both, and to snag a T6F or 'sniper', I think Mezie could be part of that in a package, but that would still leave a HUGE hole with NO PMD.

All this to say that for all the thinking I've done over the past few days, something isn't adding up, and knowing what I believe we ALL know about our shrewd and cunning GM, something is brewing, and because of his business sense, with that DAMN GAG order, we probably won't know until the press conference.

What do you think? Is Murray truly in the hunt for T6F, or is he quietly inquiring into the services of PMD or both?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I truly believe that Murray has plan B for Mesz sitting out and has a T6F planned but perhaps he'll wait 'till the deadline to see if it's needed based on the young guns play.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I truly believe that Murray has plan B for Mesz sitting out and has a T6F planned but perhaps he'll wait 'till the deadline to see if it's needed based on the young guns play.

Well, I could see Murray adding a T6F at the deadline is Mezie sits, but in that case, if Mezie DOES in fact sit, who steps up in his place? It's frustrating because WE NEED PMD!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I truly believe that Murray has plan B for Mesz sitting out and has a T6F planned but perhaps he'll wait 'till the deadline to see if it's needed based on the young guns play.

Well, I could see Murray adding a T6F at the deadline is Mezie sits, but in that case, if Mezie DOES in fact sit, who steps up in his place? It's frustrating because WE NEED PMD!!

Keeping in mind I have no inside knowledge, if Mesz sits then I see Murray pulling the trigger on a deal to bring in a puck moving D.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:O.k. So there's no denying the persistent rumours or rumblings that Murray has a T6F in his sights, but for the life of me, with this Mezaros debacle that while waiting for him to remove his head from his arse, a PMD is the logical choice first and foremost, no?
Which brings me to my point. A friend mentioned to me about a week ago his theory on the gag order, and I tend to agree completely. Murray has gagged his people and front office, which would explain the sheer lack of anything info moving or coming from the Sens org, much to the chagrin of this poster and rumor ADDICT! However, it needed to be done because nothing would be more annoying and disastrous then having the entire league and news media aware of what a club REALLY wants; thereby driving the price up for their need and/or playing hard-to-get. That's why I believe this top 6 forward is a red-herring or smoke screen, in a sense, even though anyone with a decent hockey mind would look at the Sens and realize with our without Mezie in the fold, a PMD is a neccessity. I think Murray is perhaps looking at both, and to snag a T6F or 'sniper', I think Mezie could be part of that in a package, but that would still leave a HUGE hole with NO PMD.

All this to say that for all the thinking I've done over the past few days, something isn't adding up, and knowing what I believe we ALL know about our shrewd and cunning GM, something is brewing, and because of his business sense, with that DAMN GAG order, we probably won't know until the press conference.

What do you think? Is Murray truly in the hunt for T6F, or is he quietly inquiring into the services of PMD or both?

I just wrote this in another thread, but, yea, I really hope that, if we're shopping, we're looking for help on the backend first and foremost. I've said it 50 times before but... make a play for Boucher!

Anyway, one thing I would say is that I think that, ONCE Meszaros is signed -- I believe it's coming sooner or later -- it's just as likely that Murray is done making moves as not. At that point, we'll have 14 F (including Schubert), 7 D (including Nycholat and Schubert), and 2 G. How many forwards we have to send down to Bingo will depend largely on what happens between Nycholat and Schubert do. If Nycholat can make the team and lock up that 6th spot -- and look at the guy's AHL numbers last year; as Dawg was suggesting, he does look like he could be a puck-mover of the Tom Preissing sort -- then Schubert gets shifted to F, and we probably send down Winchester and, sadly, Bass. If Nycholat can't cut it, then Schubert is out #6 D and we just send down Winchester.

I just don't think it's a sure bet that Murray is sitting around with a big plan to make a bunch of moves. Certainly a back-up plan in case Mesz doesn't play seems very sensible and likely, but we should also start considering the possibility that the roster we have now (plus Mesz) might be the one we have in October.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're probably right dude. I think the roster as we see it now will be the Squad that hits the ice in October... Now, if October would finally come that would be GREAT!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

One thing to remember Meszaros is not the only one in this situation. Other players still left unsigned, who could potentially be part of a deal are: PAtrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Hendry, JArett Stoll, Ron Schremp, Rod Pelley, ...there's really no hurry to get the Meszaros thing done. Murray knows his limit and he won't go beyond that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:You're probably right dude. I think the roster as we see it now will be the Squad that hits the ice in October... Now, if October would finally come that would be GREAT!

47 days and counting dude.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:One thing to remember Meszaros is not the only one in this situation. Other players still left unsigned, who could potentially be part of a deal are: PAtrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Hendry, JArett Stoll, Ron Schremp, Rod Pelley, ...there's really no hurry to get the Meszaros thing done. Murray knows his limit and he won't go beyond that.

ah-ha! Now THERE'S something to ponder, eh?

I just am fed up with Mezie because it seems until he makes up his mind, the Rumor Addict in me will NOT be able to get Fix from his Sens... That's NOT cool! LOL

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:One thing to remember Meszaros is not the only one in this situation. Other players still left unsigned, who could potentially be part of a deal are: PAtrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Hendry, JArett Stoll, Ron Schremp, Rod Pelley, ...there's really no hurry to get the Meszaros thing done. Murray knows his limit and he won't go beyond that.

ah-ha! Now THERE'S something to ponder, eh?

I just am fed up with Mezie because it seems until he makes up his mind, the Rumor Addict in me will NOT be able to get Fix from his Sens... That's NOT cool! LOL
Yea, Murray is in no hurray to get teh Meszaros resolution done. I don' tknow why that is, but I would tend to believe that he must fit into his plan financially and right now he doesn't. If he can get him signed for at least two years, then he would be able to concentrate on major moves next season or this trade deadline, as most of the team would be signed up after this year, with the only major one being Alfie, which is a foregone conclusion anyway.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

It's a very good point, reminding us that Mesz's situation isn't all that uncommon, and that such situations rarely if ever end up in guys sitting out -- albeit, admittedly, the rumour of a contract offer from the KHL is an X factor that makes his situation a little more unique. This waiting is -- from the perspective of the impatient, anxious fan, -- unsettling to say the least, but this is a pretty ordinary situation after all.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

It's a very good point, reminding us that Mesz's situation isn't all that uncommon, and that such situations rarely if ever end up in guys sitting out -- albeit, admittedly, the rumour of a contract offer from the KHL is an X factor that makes his situation a little more unique. This waiting is -- from the perspective of the impatient, anxious fan, -- unsettling to say the least, but this is a pretty ordinary situation after all.
I really think if he was going to sign in Russia, he would have done it by now. Everything I've been told and by some pretty close to the situation, say Russia has and never will be a situation for him, he's just not going.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
I really think if he was going to sign in Russia, he would have done it by now. Everything I've been told and by some pretty close to the situation, say Russia has and never will be a situation for him, he's just not going.

Even better. That makes me all the more confident that we'll get him signed at some point before the season begins. If it turns out that we have to trade him, tho', I feel very confident that we can do better than Jussi Jokinen.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Even better. That makes me all the more confident that we'll get him signed at some point before the season begins. If it turns out that we have to trade him, tho', I feel very confident that we can do better than Jussi Jokinen.

More likely that there's two independent tracks Murray is following:
One to line up his T6F, and another to ensure he has his PMD. (I'm starting to type like I'm texting...ugh)

rooneypoo wrote:

We already have better than Jussi Jokinen...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum