GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sakic to announce retirement?

+3
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283991

Press Conference called for Thursday, 3pm ET, where it is believed that Joe Sakic will announce his retirement after 20 seasons Crying

Last edited by Dash on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283991

Press Conference called for Thursday, 3pm ET, where it is believed that Joe Sakic will announce his retirement after 20 seasons Crying

Weird. I thought he apparently told Duchene he would be back when he called his cell at the draft (?)

3Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hope they are wrong, cause I was thinking sort of the same thing. I didn't know what he said during the call, but I know that playing or not, Joe will be there next year. It'd be great if the two got to play together, but if Joe cannot do it physically, then that is a real shame. Sakic's a great guy, class act all the way. Future H.O.F.er and likely will have a huge part in Hockey Canada.

4Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:34 pm

SAKIC EXPECTED TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT ON THURSDAY.

If this happens could it make Colorado interested in trading for Dany Heatley? Joe's salary last year was $6 million, so they should have sufficient cap room to take on Heatley's $7.5 million. However, I don't know if the avalanche have any interest in him, or he in them. Also, who would Ottawa want from Colorado in a trade? I can't see Colorado even considering trading Matt Duchesne.

5Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Duchene is their franchise player, so he won't be moved, barring a stupid offer like Crosby, even then, probably wouldn't happen (Crosby's too expensive).

6Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One of my favourite players. Boo. Class act all the way, I thought he'd be back to mentor Duchene for one year.

Does this mean he's not going to the Olympics (Spezza)?

7Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If he can't play in the NHL, I doubt he can play in the Olympics, but you never know. I know it means a lot to him, not that the Avs don't. But if he chooses to retire or atleast make his decision now, it is much more classy than what some people have done (coughSundinNeidermayerSelannecough)

8Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:One of my favourite players. Boo. Class act all the way, I thought he'd be back to mentor Duchene for one year.

Does this mean he's not going to the Olympics (Spezza)?

My thinking exactly. All he has to do is lead the team to its best start ever, playing inspiring hockey, forechecking, backchecking, playing the PP and PK, scoring goals 5-5 and short-handed, setting up PP markers for his team-mates, finding a cure for cancer in his off-hours while fathering a child who will eventually solve the worl hunger problems. And while doing all that, looking mahvellous in those Jubilee ads.

And then Yzerman will pick Savard.

9Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:35 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

first ballot hall of famer, all class all the way, sad to see it come to an end Sakic.

10Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/07/09/sp-joe-sakic-retire.html

It's gonna be weird not to see Sakic playing anymore...

11Sakic to announce retirement? Empty Re: Sakic to announce retirement? Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:06 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

What a career..... Hall of Fame all the way for him!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum