GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow

+4
shabbs
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3759799

Hahahaha. Poor Joe.

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

how can a guy with a herniated disk blow snow?

3Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:20 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:how can a guy with a herniated disk blow snow?

The herniated disk was from before. Sounds like he messed up his hand and had to have it operated on. Yikes!

4Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah - three broken fingers and ligament damage - out three months. Hockeycentral at noon were wondering if he was just bored from the time off recovering from the herniated disk that he decided to go out and snow blow the driveway.

5Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Yeah - three broken fingers and ligament damage - out three months. Hockeycentral at noon were wondering if he was just bored from the time off recovering from the herniated disk that he decided to go out and snow blow the driveway.

I had a friend who was trying to dislodge some snow stuck in the blower, he ended up almost losing two fingers and wearing a horrible big cast on his hand for quite a while. He was just a teenager at the time, so it's understandable (brain cells are not used for logical reasoning at that time). Sounds like Sakic did the same thing, only he's got no age-related excuse.

6Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:50 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Has he ever had a concussion? Or did they forget to teach him what end of the blower is the business end and which end he should handle?

7Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Has he ever had a concussion? Or did they forget to teach him what end of the blower is the business end and which end he should handle?

Bahahaha.

8Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:Has he ever had a concussion? Or did they forget to teach him what end of the blower is the business end and which end he should handle?
Or at least TURN OFF THE SNOW BLOWER before you do anything...

9Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Or at least TURN OFF THE SNOW BLOWER before you do anything...

Burnaby Joe probably never cheated by using a snow blower, but with that herniated disc he couldn't grab his shovel.

10Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 pm

I didn't even know he knew Garth Snow?

11Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

MurderOnIce wrote:I didn't even know he knew Garth Snow?

:lol!: Puking2 Very nice!

12Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:43 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:

The anonimity of the internet brings out the immature child in me. I can't help it. Plus I am striving to get the first ban in GMHockey history. This post was not lewd enough... back to the drawing board...

13Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:41 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

In his defense, I did hear that the machine was off when he stuck his had in, but the blade was jammed. When he unjammed it, the blade shifted and broke his hand.

Had it been on, he would be the first NHL player with only 1 hand

14Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Empty Re: Sakic hurt whilst blowing snow Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:16 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

The anonimity of the internet brings out the immature child in me. I can't help it. Plus I am striving to get the first ban in GMHockey history. This post was not lewd enough... back to the drawing board...

You're assuming the mods are less lewd than you are. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum