GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peca announces retirement

+4
PTFlea
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Peca announces retirement Empty Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Another one down...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=306808

13-year career.

2Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting. I gotta say I don't remember hearing much about him this season.

- Unknown Author

3Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Interesting. I gotta say I don't remember hearing much about him this season.
He was hanging out with Cujo, at the sizzler.

Laughing3

4Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Never flashy, never brilliant, always solid as a rock

5Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG, one of the few guys I can't stand.

Screw you Peca. Peca announces retirement 18928

6Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:OMG, one of the few guys I can't stand.

What? I would have loved to have had him in a Sens jersey. Grit, desire, determination, he brings it and leaves it on the ice. Every time.

7Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

What? I would have loved to have had him in a Sens jersey. Grit, desire, determination, he brings it and leaves it on the ice. Every time.

That's great, I wanted him too until he said bad things about Ottawa.

8Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

That's great, I wanted him too until he said bad things about Ottawa.
Must have missed that... link?

9Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just looked as well and can't find it. If I recall correctly it was a Hockey News where he was wearing shorts and had just been signed by Toronto. They asked him if he had considered offers from other teams, including Ottawa and he laughed saying something like 'he had zero interest in going to Ottawa, he had played his juniors in the city and that was more than enough."

It was more mean than that actually. I got the impression he hated us after playing for the Sabres, but I could be wrong. I wish I could remember the quote or find the link.

I remember reading it and cringing and never liking him again after that.

10Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, I thought he had retired years ago.

11Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:59 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Wow, I thought he had retired years ago.

Same I had no idea he was still around.

12Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He's joining the TSN crew. Looking forward to some Sens vs Leafs games Peca announces retirement 159628

13Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Another one down...

13-year career.

About 13 years more than most former 67s make it.

And about 3 years too many for him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

14Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Another one down...

13-year career.

About 13 years more than most former 67s make it.

And about 3 years too many for him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Man, you're in a good mood today Wink

15Peca announces retirement Empty Re: Peca announces retirement Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 pm

I thought he already retired....where has he been playing? Not much of an announcement, but I suppose it beats slipping off into obscurity quietly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum