GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/ahl/story/?id=283982

The Iowa Chops, the Anaheim Ducks AHL affiliate, have been suspended for the upcoming season. What does that mean for the players? Sucks that their owners/management screwed them like that, but it is unfair to the league and the players. So, do the players get dispersed until a new team is found?

2AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/ahl/story/?id=283982

The Iowa Chops, the Anaheim Ducks AHL affiliate, have been suspended for the upcoming season. What does that mean for the players? Sucks that their owners/management screwed them like that, but it is unfair to the league and the players. So, do the players get dispersed until a new team is found?

I'm waiting for lottery results before I consider moving these guys to Cornwall.

Frankly, they should have been suspended just for having a horrible name. I mean, if the Rocket could get 2 minutes just for looking so good...

3AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

not sure what they would do so close to the upcoming season, assuming it starts around the same time as the NHL season does, really bites for the Ducks trying to develop their players, 1 year is a huge step back in terms of development.

4AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

lol... on a side note, my hockey instructor played for the Royals.

5AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:lol... on a side note, my hockey instructor played for the Royals.

Those Royals had some real hockey royalty in their ranks over the years. Including Dave "Sparky" Allison.

6AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Doug Gilmour was a Royal was he not?... yes... yes he was

7AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The Cornwall Contrabands

has a nice ring to it...

8AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Doug Gilmour was a Royal was he not?... yes... yes he was

Gilmour, Hawerchuk, Marc and Lou Crawford, Bobby Hull Jr., Jim Kyte, Ray Sheppard, Owen Nolan, lots of NHLers.

9AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

haha Jim Kyte... I believe he is teaching at Algonquin College... Sport Management. Him and my uncle bunked together in Teacher Camp.

10AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:haha Jim Kyte... I believe he is teaching at Algonquin College... Sport Management. Him and my uncle bunked together in Teacher Camp.

I just found a name from my past too, Chris Radlo. I worked with him briefly.

I was just scratching the surface anyway. There are many others that made it to the show via Cornwall. Not to mention the AHL Aces.

11AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Empty Re: AHL suspends Ducks' affiliate, Iowa Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Any city in Canada is an upgrade on most of the NHL and AHL teams out there. Iowa? lol... brutal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum