GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

In depth look at the draft

+6
asq2
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Acrobat
PKC
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31In depth look at the draft - Page 3 Empty Re: In depth look at the draft Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:That is one long arse quote string you guys have going there.

I was going to add to it, but I figured a comment involving "wood" and "head" was beneath our usual standards...

Or is it?

not for this group, well speaking for myself anyway, I won't speak for others, that gets me in trouble. BagoverHead

32In depth look at the draft - Page 3 Empty Re: In depth look at the draft Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:51 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
PKC wrote:Oh, I also really like what the scout had to say about Oliver Ekman-Larsson:

"He's one of those guys
that's just fun to watch and your jaw just drops," Giese said. "His
skating, his skill, his smarts - it's all 10 out of 10 for me. He needs
to be stronger and continue to develop and you might have yourself a
very special player. He's probably the only defenceman that I saw live
this year that can manipulate the defence to his liking. It just looks
like he's playing with them. When he's on his game he's special."

We want have to get him...

got any favours you can pull to make sure Brian Murray picks OEL then? stuff like this gets known amongst other GM's and Murray won't get him.

I'm quite confident that if we stay at 9 and OEL reaches us, Murray will take him.
A) He fits in with the Red Wings' skill and the Ducks' size, and arguably the Pens' championship as well. Murray seems to make decisions based on the latest Cup-winner.
B) Murray likes players who rise as the draft nears. No one has risen faster than OEL.
C) Murray mentioned that he/his scouts had seen in Europe a defenceman that was "less ready" than Hedman but could ultimately end up being better. I'm quite confident that's OEL, especially since Kulikov plays in North America already.

As I've said, if we want one of them, we're guaranteed one of Hedman, Tavares, Duchene, Kane, Schenn, MPS, Cowen, OEL or Kulikov even if we don't do anything at the draft. cool)

TSN's annual survey of 10 NHL scouts has the top ten looking like this:

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
Kane
Schenn
OED
Cowan
Kadri
Kulikov
MPS

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282565

Which I can't see happening. I'd be livid if we passed up MPS. This is, bye the bye, one of many mock drafts in which I've seen Kadri climb significantly, and MPS slip out of the top 8 or so.

33In depth look at the draft - Page 3 Empty Re: In depth look at the draft Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

By the way the #4-10 spots keep shuffling, it is fairly clear that there is little consensus as to who is ranked where (other than in general terms). This bodes well, as it makes it more likely that Ottawa will be left with at least one good player to pick.

34In depth look at the draft - Page 3 Empty Re: In depth look at the draft Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:17 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:By the way the #4-10 spots keep shuffling, it is fairly clear that there is little consensus as to who is ranked where (other than in general terms). This bodes well, as it makes it more likely that Ottawa will be left with at least one good player to pick.

Exactly... I'd love to have any one of those guys on my team... :___:

35In depth look at the draft - Page 3 Empty Re: In depth look at the draft Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I hope LA takes another Hickey :^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum