GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reinprecht Traded to Florida

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Florida gets a great player. A great player.

for little or nothing as well, who is meyer? never heard of him.

He seems to have some talent in the AHL, he might be able to translate it to the NHL? Shrug

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=3497&hubname=nhl-coyotes

17Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:46 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:DOMINOS!!!!!!

you ek supporters, so if you say dominoes, then how does the Reinprecht trade tie into Heatley being dealt Laughing3

Because Reinprecht and Heatley are best friends. They have been since their days in Wisconsin together. They were on the same line back then and Heatley has been vocal about wanting to play with Reinprecht again. Heatley may not have many friends left and I know that Heatley and Reinprecht have stayed in contact on an almost weekly basis since they both entered the NHL on different teams.

Heatley may open his doors to Florida now because of this trade.

18Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:50 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

you ek supporters, so if you say dominoes, then how does the Reinprecht trade tie into Heatley being dealt Laughing3

Because Reinprecht and Heatley are best friends. They have been since their days in Wisconsin together. They were on the same line back then and Heatley has been vocal about wanting to play with Reinprecht again. Heatley may not have many friends left and I know that Heatley and Reinprecht have stayed in contact on an almost weekly basis since they both entered the NHL on different teams.

is that actually serious or did you make that up? if not, bring on horton and booth and the rights to J-bo (yeah am dreaming)

19Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:05 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

is that actually serious or did you make that up? if not, bring on horton and booth and the rights to J-bo (yeah am dreaming)

100% serious and accurate. I know many NHL'ers personally and to stay in contact on a weekly basis is very rare for players on different teams. It is a strong bond between Heatley and Reinprecht. Besides the Snyder family, Reinprecht was instrumental in Heatley recovering emotionally from his tragic accident.

Last edited by notch4077 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

100% serious and accurate

well that just opens a whole new kettle of fish if you believe domino theories, I don't think anyone really considered Florida as a major player for Heatley, I never considered them, I will be honest. Now Martin is gone though, no bitterness to hold up any deals is present.

21Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

100% serious and accurate

well that just opens a whole new kettle of fish if you believe domino theories, I don't think anyone really considered Florida as a major player for Heatley, I never considered them, I will be honest. Now Martin is gone though, no bitterness to hold up any deals is present.

I never considered them either and I would still put them near the bottom of the list. But, the Florida door is at least unlocked now because of the Reinprecht trade.

22Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Florida has an awful lot of holes to fill and we have an awful lot of spare parts...

23Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Domino baby, domino.

24Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And why is it that we never acquired Reinprecht then? He's a great player, could have been really good here - and he's Heatley's best friend to boot?

FFS...logic is too easy.

25Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:And why is it that we never acquired Reinprecht then? He's a great player, could have been really good here - and he's Heatley's best friend to boot?

FFS...logic is too easy.

Maybe that's one of the vague "other factors" Heatley's agent was talking about. The organization wouldn't go that extra mile to keep The Dany happy. :n:

26Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:49 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:And why is it that we never acquired Reinprecht then? He's a great player, could have been really good here - and he's Heatley's best friend to boot?

FFS...logic is too easy.

Always wondered that myself! I am pretty sure I can remember a 5 point game for Reinprecht as well and wanting a trade to happen that night.
I will try to look a see if he did if fact have 5 points in one game. 99.9% sure he did.

27Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Phew!
I hate when I'm wrong.
Reinprecht did in fact get 5 points on October 5th, 2006 against the Islanders in the first game of the year that season. He was on pace for 410 points after that game and I wanted to trade anybody for him! LOL!

He has also had 4 points in a game 3 times.

28Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

notch4077 wrote:Phew!
I hate when I'm wrong.
Reinprecht did in fact get 5 points on October 5th, 2006 against the Islanders in the first game of the year that season. He was on pace for 410 points after that game and I wanted to trade anybody for him! LOL!

He has also had 4 points in a game 3 times.

Joe Corvo got 5 points in his first game for Ottawa and was CheapShots-ed out of town soon after. Laughing3

29Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Corvo deserved it, I know he is a good PMD, but just didn't fit into Ottawa.

30Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They re-signed him immediately to a 3 year, 2 million a year deal. How could they have negotiated a deal that quickly?

31Reinprecht Traded to Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Reinprecht Traded to Florida Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
notch4077 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I know you're not serious, but the money wouldn't really work out, esp. on our end... we'd have to sign JBo, after all...

Maybe something like Frolik / Matthias / Ellerby + 1st rounder + salary (Olesz? Weiss? Allen?) OR rights to JBo (presuming a contract is likely).

Now that I look at it, FLA actually has a lot of holes to plug / contracts to deal with in the next little while... 3 UFA forwards, 2 RFA forwards, 4 UFA D, 1 RFA D, and 1 RFA goalie. Yikes.

So, yeah, while FLA only has $38 mil committed in salary next year and hypothetically has the space to take on a Heatley... they also only have 9 forwards, 3 D, and 1 goalie signed. Yikes again. Scared

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum